What's new

The Iron Dome - How it works, If it works

Works well for the firecrackers Hamas uses, but against a militarily capable nation such as Egypt, Iran, Turkey or Pakistan I really don't think an 85-90% success rate will cut it.

Works well for the firecrackers Hamas uses, but against a militarily capable nation such as Egypt, Iran, Turkey or Pakistan I really don't think an 85-90% success rate will cut it.
Israel have new stunner Davids sling, Arrow 2 and arrow 3, for bigger missiles..... Development on Laser for missile defence is underway.... I believe the hi tech nation can still improve its missile defence . By the way Israel is more powerful than its enemies.

Israel have new stunner Davids sling, Arrow 2 and arrow 3, for bigger missiles..... Development on Laser for missile defence is underway.... I believe the hi tech nation can still improve its missile defence . By the way Israel is more powerful than its enemies.
How? America supplies weapon to Israel and Other Arab countries. Israel has privilege to use American weapons with decoded algorithms for further amendment in order to counter its enemies. Few days back 2 Israeli F 16 shot down by Syria in Israeli territory. Iron Dome, Davids sling, Arrow 2, arrow 3 and Patriot SAM were unable to safe its F 16 from russian SAM.

How? America supplies weapon to Israel and Other Arab countries. Israel has privilege to use American weapons with decoded algorithms for further amendment in order to counter its enemies. Few days back 2 Israeli F 16 shot down by Syria in Israeli territory. Iron Dome, Davids sling, Arrow 2, arrow 3 and Patriot SAM were unable to safe its F 16 from russian SAM.
First of all, its 1 aircraft. Had it been 2, we would have seen photos of the second one.

The ~1-5% interception rate of syria's SAM systems in the last year is actually very bad. (a few dozen missiles this time score one kill, a few dozen missiles previously scored no hits)

-Arrow 3 is an exoatmospheric interceptor missile and thus has nothing to do with this endo atmospehric incident.
-Arrow 2, is endo and exo, but is designed to protect civilians from ballistic threats, not aircraft. It did that successfully a year ago.
-Iron Dome and David's sling are also not designed nor tasked with protecting aircraft.

emp attack will make these useless if done by Pakistan

First of all, its 1 aircraft. Had it been 2, we would have seen photos of the second one.

The ~1-5% interception rate of syria's SAM systems in the last year is actually very bad. (a few dozen missiles this time score one kill, a few dozen missiles previously scored no hits)

-Arrow 3 is an exoatmospheric interceptor missile and thus has nothing to do with this endo atmospehric incident.
-Arrow 2, is endo and exo, but is designed to protect civilians from ballistic threats, not aircraft. It did that successfully a year ago.
-Iron Dome and David's sling are also not designed nor tasked with protecting aircraft.
But Iron dome and David Sling/stunner is anti missiles system are they?

Video by me going over the Tamir family of interceptors and disproving some claims about the system's effectiveness.
As always, Nice Job.
Try a Female Voice next time, could end up interesting on such "Topic".

1.png

Funny excuses. They trap you. Please explain how is it possible for Syria to Shot down jet after crossing your strong hold on Golan heights at other extreme position? Please see Map picture and comment. For further clarification please see February 10, 2018. REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun.

The F-16 crashed on its return from the mission, coming down in an empty field near Harduf, east of Haifa.
“We heard a big explosion and then sirens. We didn’t know what was happening, we heard helicopters and planes,” said Yosi Sherer, 51, who was staying at a hostel in Beit Shean.
Israeli security forces examine the remains of an F-16 Israeli war plane near the Israeli village of Harduf, Israel February 10, 2018. REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun
Flights at Tel Aviv’s international airport were briefly halted. The area was quiet by mid-afternoon.
Conricus said missile remnants were found near the crash site. “We don’t know yet if it’s an SA-5 or SA-17, but it’s a Syrian anti-aircraft missile,” he said.

After all Israeli jet is shot down through SAM. How is it possible for SAM to cross Golan Heights Hit jet at other extreme position? There is some thing Fishy in this strike. They put big question on Isreali Air Defence.

Attachments

• Strike.png
    Strike.png
    359.2 KB · Views: 5,381
View attachment 461990

Funny excuses. They trap you. Please explain how is it possible for Syria to Shot down jet after crossing your strong hold on Golan heights at other extreme position? Please see Map picture and comment. For further clarification please see February 10, 2018. REUTERS/Ronen Zvulun.

After all Israeli jet is shot down through SAM. How is it possible for SAM to cross Golan Heights Hit jet at other extreme position? There is some thing Fishy in this strike. They put big question on Isreali Air Defence.
Watch your tones.
So, you're saying that the SAMs crossing the border before intercepting the jet make it clear that Israel's air defenses don't work?

It's unfortunate that you're unaware of the actual tasks of these systems, and how they were accordingly designed, especially considering I've described those in the comment you quoted.

It's like expecting an air defense system to defend a tank from ATGMs.

But Iron dome and David Sling/stunner is anti missiles system are they?
yes.

Last edited:
Then why don't you intercept those syrian SAMs, as faras i know these anti missile system has a capability to intercept SAMs, rockets, anti ship missiles but i have to say bit limited capability @ouy o_O

Then why don't you intercept those syrian SAMs, as faras i know these anti missile system has a capability to intercept SAMs, rockets, anti ship missiles but i have to say bit limited capability @ouy o_O
If the operator wishes to destroy the SAMs before they might hit the aircraft, there is a time of flight (TOF) limitation, it might take for the interceptor too long to reach to the SAM. (again, not designed to intercept SAMs but rather ballistic threats and some other threats)

Why no interceptors were launched comes down to the operator who needs to follow the tactics of the military.
Aircraft have a very different set of defenses, largely speaking they are maneuvers, electronic warfare and countermeasures (chaff and flares). Aircraft don't rely on ground based missiles for defense, at least not in the Israeli tactic. As mentioned above, (also) because of the TOF limitation, ground based interceptors do not provide an efficient defense for aircraft, and were not designed to.

Last edited:
Watch your tones.
So, you're saying that the SAMs crossing the border before intercepting the jet make it clear that Israel's air defenses don't work?

It's unfortunate that you're unaware of the actual tasks of these systems, and how they were accordingly designed, especially considering I've described those in the comment you quoted.

It's like expecting an air defense system to defend a tank from ATGMs.

yes.

It means if SAM fire from any place across the border, it can hit jet like F 16 without facing any hurdle. Impressed.

Watch your tones. I am talking about all your defense systems deployed to protect air space. i think you people need introspection and re-evaluation of air defense system. Syrian exposes your so called military might.

A person should never underestimate the enemy ...

Israel as of now is militarily weak but very powerful politically. They have tamed India for countering Pakistan. For turkey they have created an unstable neighborhood and fire in Iraq and Syria can burn Turkey as well ... Egypt is buyable specially when Saudis are with USA and Israel ... Iran is unpredictable... In Iraq they are working with US and Israel, they are also working with India against Pakistan in Balochistan ...

Israel has checkmate almost all of us ... Without unity we are just fragments and there is no chance of unity ...

By the way, we all know the prophecies... We knew 1400 years ago that Israel will be born and will become leader state of the world ... Current power of tiny Israel is a reflection of the prophecies...

It means if SAM fire from any place across the border, it can hit jet like F 16 without facing any hurdle. Impressed.

Watch your tones. I am talking about all your defense systems deployed to protect air space. i think you people need introspection and re-evaluation of air defense system. Syrian exposes your so called military might.
I've literally dispelled your argument 3 times in this thread, and 2 times specifically to you in replies, yet you keep ignoring the facts and sticking with cheap propaganda. Until you will learn both how to write stuff in English (cause your grammar is as good as google translate's grammar.) and the nature&tasks of ground based interceptors, I'm out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom