What's new

The Iran problem

Do you trust Iran in Syria, Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Yes, but they need a smack once in a while to remind them not to veer off agreements

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Maybe, but depends on What and with What, smacking isn't a bad idea as a reminder.

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 37.5%
  • Never

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Where is Iran? Iran is Evil, Iran is the Devil ( = I'm an american)

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

brokk

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Today, after some late night negotiating, etc between Turkey, Russia, Iran there was supposed to be an evacuation of militants and civilians (100 000 civilians, 40 000 children and 5000 militants.) from Allepo, watchable via drone - livecam http://syria.mil.ru/syria/livecam.htm . This is a win scenario, to some extent however news of Iranian backed militia snipers attacking the evacuees, which has pissed off many in the Russian military circles and now there are 'rumors' of Russian airforce 'possibly' bombing Iranian militia (source) which to me seems to be the best guarantee of policy in the middle east, if idiots don't listen and ignore your efforts to bring an end to a war, then accidentally drop a few bombs on them, then they might just listen..

I've never been anti-Iran, but these days their 'supreme leaders' seems to have totally lost it, and though it is a stretch to call them an ally of my country (Russia), I think they are going steadily down a bad path for themselves, and Iran is really becoming a problem. That said as with any country it isn't the people who are the problem, it is religious nonsenses that are...

Iran doesn't compare to Turkey militarily in a sense that it only has 1/3 of the military budget, Its Air-force is 1/2 the size of the Turkish one, has roughly the same size Navy, and the same size Army and reserves as Turkey does. The biggest crippling point of the Iranian military is that most of its systems are antiquated in comparison. Politically an Iranian Kurdish card used against Turkey will result in a much more damaging Azeri card used against them... it seems like a stupid match to ignite, yet the US and Iran seem to be hellbent on igniting it..

All in all Iran for me are the Cardassians from the Star Trek Universe (Deep Space 9) Turkey though difficult to categorize but "Klingons" aren't that bad a match, Arabs definitely are the Ferengi at least for me.

p.s. if you could explain your view and vote it would be nice.

Last edited:
Maybe you should conquer Iraq and Syria militarily then

But erdogan wants to, he wants the Ottoman revival

Today, after some late night negotiating, etc between Turkey, Russia, Iran there was supposed to be an evacuation of militants and civilians (100 000 civilians, 40 000 children and 5000 militants.) from Allepo, watchable via drone - livecam http://syria.mil.ru/syria/livecam.htm . This is a win scenario, to some extent however news of Iranian backed militia snipers attacking the evacuees, which has pissed off many in the Russian military circles and now there are 'rumors' of Russian airforce 'possibly' bombing Iranian militia (source) which to me seems to be the best guarantee of policy in the middle east, if idiots don't listen and ignore your efforts to bring an end to a war, then accidentally drop a few bombs on them, then they might just listen..

Russians allowed Syrians to leave the Syrian city of Aleppo and travel to Syrian city of Idlip. During the evacuation Iranian backed militia opened fire on Syrians. Evacuation halted, after reaching a deal about sieged Syrian Shia towns of Fuah and Kefrayah, Iranian backed militia, allowed Syrians to evacuate.

Now, i don't know why some thinks this is our problem but it's really not our problem about what happens in the Syrian towns/cities that are far from our border. Our only concern should be the factions that poses security threat against us (YPG & ISIS). About battling against these factions....We should even cooperate with the Shaitan himself if it's in our interests.

But erdogan wants to, he wants the Ottoman revival

Even if he did, he'd have to convince citizens of Turkey, military and parliament before he could. He isn't the supreme ruler of anything... As for Ottomans, please.. no-one but a bunch of idiots in Turkey would ever really want to head towards an Ottoman revival, Turkey isn't that religious and Turks aren't that stupid.

The voting is predestined to cause bitch fighting, the language used is deliberatley provocative.

Its better to close it down before it even starts. @cabatli_53

Russians allowed Syrians to leave the Syrian city of Aleppo and travel to Syrian city of Idlip. During the evacuation Iranian backed militia opened fire on Syrians. Evacuation halted, after reaching a deal about sieged Syrian Shia towns of Fuah and Kefrayah, Iranian backed militia, allowed Syrians to evacuate.

Now, i don't know why some thinks this is our problem but it's really not our problem about what happens in the Syrian towns/cities that are far from our border. Our only concern should be the factions that poses security threat against us (YPG & ISIS). About battling against these factions....We should even cooperate with the Shaitan himself if it's in our interests.

Syria becomes Turkey's problem when you think about the 3-4 million official (perhaps 6-8 million unofficial) Syrian refugees living in Turkey, or the PYD/YPG regions that will be used as attack points into Turkey once the situation settles in Syria and in Iraq...

Militias don't really represent a country. They are Shia militias armed and financially supported by Iran; they don't carry Iranian flags or are neither professionally trained - so you can expect hiccups from them.

Arabs definitely are the Ferengi

:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:
I had to laugh when I read it, an image of a ferengi came into my mind and then :omghaha:

an Ottoman revival
the ottoman empire is a glory and holy thing in the minds of all turks.. its nostalgia of past times.. just certain ppl dont like it.. if erdogan wanted to revive it he would get back a sultan to turke,y but he never will do it, because it could threaten his power.. so no ottoman empire will be revived..

for me its dangerous with iran.. they want a revival of their past empires and are extreeeeeeeeem secterian.. no diffrence to IS its the same coin but diffrent sides.. you can find many many ppl in turkey who even never heared of shia! there is just no really secterian movements in turkey-specially because turkish ppl tend to be more sufi.. so Iran and its actual imperialistic, secterian activities in Iraq, yemen, and syria are very brutal and very dangerous..

in the long term I am waiting for a war in iran because I think this will happen the question is only how and who..

well. Non sense thread.

btw. smart move by the shiite militias to help their comrades in idlib and it exposed russian sympathy for the terrorists.

it is not russia that is alone in syria. russia has to listen to their allies.

I've never been anti-Iran, but these days their 'supreme leaders' seems to have totally lost it, and though it is a stretch to call them an ally of my country (Russia), I think they are going steadily down a bad path for themselves, and Iran is really becoming a problem. That said as with any country it isn't the people who are the problem, it is religious nonsenses that are...

Iran doesn't compare to Turkey militarily in a sense that it only has 1/3 of the military budget, Its Air-force is 1/2 the size of the Turkish one, has roughly the same size Navy, and the same size Army and reserves as Turkey does. The biggest crippling point of the Iranian military is that most of its systems are antiquated in comparison. Politically an Iranian Kurdish card used against Turkey will result in a much more damaging Azeri card used against them... it seems like a stupid match to ignite, yet the US and Iran seem to be hellbent on igniting it..

All in all Iran for me are the Cardassians from the Star Trek Universe (Deep Space 9) Turkey though difficult to categorize but "Klingons" aren't that bad a match, Arabs definitely are the Ferengi at least for me.

p.s. if you could explain your view and vote it would be nice.
honestly,you cant ever trust iran with anything positive involving sunnis,their shia govt hates sunnis with a passion
so id rather trust russia with that rather than iran
they should go ahead and bomb the shia militias to keep them in check

Militias don't really represent a country. They are Shia militias armed and financially supported by Iran; they don't carry Iranian flags or are neither professionally trained - so you can expect hiccups from them.
yes but in this case they are officially backed by iran

honestly,you cant ever trust iran with anything positive involving sunnis,their shia govt hates sunnis with a passion
so id rather trust russia with that rather than iran
they should go ahead and bomb the shia militias to keep them in check
yes but in this case they are officially backed by iran

Iran isn't a bad country, it is that in some cases such as the above there are no real connection with its general population and those that run the country. Maybe this is a curse that is common to all countries...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom