What's new

The GIGN will train the Indian anti-terrorist units

It has been announced in the French press that the GIGN will train the Indian anti terrorist units.
(I hope to find an article in English...)
gign is without a doubt best counter-terrorism unit in the world.
french-national-gendarmerie-intervention-group-members-participate-in-picture-id457054285
20th-birthday-of-the-national-gendarmerie-intervention-group-in-on-picture-id124125154

btw,nice signature

India too have many anti terrorism experience. But our forces are poorly equipped in every thing.

From bullet proof jackets to digital helmets, our forces aint using it. Some forces even have hand held radars which can point out to any nearby intruders.

It has been announced in the French press that the GIGN will train the Indian anti terrorist units.
I was hoping for this news. The real world experince of the GIGN is immense and with recent events it is clear that India and France have a lot of scope for counter terror training together. I hope there is a vast amount of cross training between elite units of India and France-both police and military.

The NSG already trains with Special Units from Germany, Australia, Brazil, US, Russia etc but training with the GIGN is a real coup. Maybe one day we can see a GSG9, NSG, GIGN tri-party joint exercise.

India too have many anti terrorism experience. But our forces are poorly equipped in every thing.

From bullet proof jackets to digital helmets, our forces aint using it. Some forces even have hand held radars which can point out to any nearby intruders.

The NSG is pretty well equipped and multiple units in India have the "through wall" radars

tumblr_o06auj2S6A1tjfjuco1_1280.png

1910131_10153533677938071_1943811073324485799_n.jpg

fffjfg-png.265293

tumblr_ns48g16uHp1tjfjuco1_1280.png

I was hoping for this news. The real world experince of the GIGN is immense and with recent events it is clear that India and France have a lot of scope for counter terror training together. I hope there is a vast amount of cross training between elite units of India and France-both police and military.

The NSG already trains with Special Units from Germany, Australia, Brazil, US, Russia etc but training with the GIGN is a real coup. Maybe one day we can see a GSG9, NSG, GIGN tri-party joint exercise.

The NSG is pretty well equipped and multiple units in India have the "through wall" radars

tumblr_o06auj2S6A1tjfjuco1_1280.png

1910131_10153533677938071_1943811073324485799_n.jpg

fffjfg-png.265293

tumblr_ns48g16uHp1tjfjuco1_1280.png

If what you have told is true, then either they are not using it or they are for showcase. If they are used, embarassing situation in Pathankot could not have emerged.

I only hope for the best. India's best are MARCOS by long means. I do hope they are best equipped.

If what you have told is true, then either they are not using it or they are for showcase. If they are used, embarassing situation in Pathankot could not have emerged.
From all the pictures from Pathankot the NSG were using their latest gear and there was nothing embrassing about the operation. This is just how the media have spun it. All mission objectives were acheived- 0 loss to civlian life, 0 damage to strategic assets and all terrorists eliminated.

NSG in Pathankot:

unnamed-jpg.285123
unnamed-1-jpg.285124

picsart_1452090098298-jpg.285297
unnamed-9-jpg.285298
unnamed-7-jpg.285299
unnamed-6-jpg.285300
images-jpg.285301

the joint statement said the two countries also resolved to “step up” their bilateral cooperation through annual strategic dialogues and meetings of the joint working group to counter terrorism.

To this end, “they committed to further develop exchanges in the fields of intelligence, finance, justice and police”. They also decided to hold operational exercises between the French GIGN and the National Security Guard.

http://indianexpress.com/article/in...e-talk-tough-on-terror-stuck-on-rafale-price/

Must be in Urban Warfare because we already've have a elite Counter insurgency unit called Rashtriya Rifles with a experience of 2 decades,that too without heavy armor and air strikes.

Last edited:
about GIGN by a former US army delta operator.

Groupe d’Intervention de la Gendarmerie National (GIGN)

The GIGN also responded to the two recent terrorist attacks in Paris. This group is part of the French
military, and their closest American counterpart is the U.S. Army’s 1st Special Forces Operational
Detachment-D, the Delta Force.
Much like Delta in the U.S., GIGN is tasked with counterterrorism and hostage-rescue missions in France
or anywhere in the world. Some of the GIGN’s most famous exploits include the December 1994 liberation
of 229 passengers and crew from Air France Flight 8969 in Marseille.
An aspect that renders the GIGN and Delta the best match is that both of the units dare to engage in one of
the most dangerous and complicated hostage situations—taking down a hijacked airliner. Both units
routinely exercise numerous aircraft scenarios, constantly updating techniques to stay relevant to the everchanging
airline industry.
Within the GIGN charter lies the following tasks and authorizations:
· Precision weapons capabilities
· Specialized infiltration techniques: land, sea, air
· Weaponless martial arts (hand-to-hand combat)
· Clandestine surveillance
· SERE: survival, escape, evade, and resist training
· Precision explosives implementation and disposal (EOD)
· Harsh climate warfare: tropics, desert, arctic, and mountains
· Negotiation and diplomacy
My only experience with any of these three French maneuver entities has been with GIGN in the Balkan
theater. While there was no joint operational climate, I did have ample opportunity to mix it up with the
French troops there. They were immediately amused by my Louisiana-French/Cajun accent, and there
were words to the effect of, “Ah yes, we have heard about you people.” I’d never been “you people”
before….
I found them to be fundamentally no different than me: Many came from small-towns and poor families, and
most were athletic and staunchly patriotic. They were not quite as well funded as us Americans, but their kit
was sensible, functional, and they were deadly. I met with them on two occasions, which afforded me
another opportunity to correct their French. How does the saying go? Cut from the same piece of cloth? I
know they are mixing it up hard with Daesh these days. I worry about them, but think of them proudly and
with confidence.

if you are member,
French Counterterrorism: BRI, RAID, and GIGN | SOFREP

for others

Attachments

• FRENCH COUNTERTERRORISM BRI RAID AND GIGN.pdf
    145.1 KB · Views: 0

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom