What's new

The Future of Kashmir? "Seven" Possible Solutions!

Well you have started behaving now, guud for you.

Anywaz, the constitution that you talk of can be reverted with the same ease as it was enacted.

Dont tell me that your constitution is something that cant be altered, if you can defy the entire UN resolution at your will and can amend your constitution to suite yourself, the same thing can be done again.

Moreover, the solution that you and some other propose (of joint control thingy) is acceptable only if a plebiscite is held both in Azad Kashmir and indian occupied kashmir.

Thank you sir for the certificate of good behaviour despite my still posting in the same manner as before. Valid point about the constitution but have already responded on that to Agno..

Dear sir, you can keep repeating this like a chant, but plebiscite option is long dead and buried. Pakistan can not enforce it. Rest of the world including India does not want to.

Media reports indicate that India and Pakistan have had several rounds of meetings in Bangkok in the past three weeksrecently as part of the back-channel diplomacy on Kashmir. The dialogue was held between former Pakistan High Commissioner Aziz Ahmed Khan and former RAW chief A S Dullat.

Mirwaiz confirmed to the Indian Express in a recent interview that the four-point formula proposed by former Pakistani President Musharraf is being revived to try and settle the Kashmir issues. The Musharraf formula envisions soft or porous borders in Kashmir with freedom of movement for the Kashmiris; exceptional autonomy or "self-governance" within each region of Kashmir; phased demilitarization of all regions; and finally, a "joint supervisory mechanism," with representatives from India, Pakistan and all parts of Kashmir, to oversee the plan’s implementation.

“India is not ready for the joint-management part of the proposals which talk about joint control of foreign affairs, currency and communications in Kashmir,” Mirwaiz told the Indian Express. “There’s a broader agreement on the other aspects of this settlement model”.

Haq's Musings: China's Growing Role in Afghanistan, Kashmir

Seems promising.. On the lines of the post from All Green.. Is there a media link for the above..

Thank you sir for the certificate of good behaviour despite my still posting in the same manner as before. Valid point about the constitution but have already responded on that to Agno..

Dear sir, you can keep repeating this like a chant, but plebiscite option is long dead and buried. Pakistan can not enforce it. Rest of the world including India does not want to.

:lol:

Sir, Dear sir, Sir, well if that doesnt amount to an change in attitude, i suggest you must go see a doctor.

Anywaz, coming back to the topic; in any case either it either has to be the plebiscite or one of those 'out of the box' options given by Musharraf and Co. Every solution that was put forth by Pakistan and the one that UN proposed (to which you agreed and later ducked) is quite sane and logical. We have been ready to come to the table if any of these are seriously taken seriously by india. But what india probably plan is to falsify the entire process and keep all the fruit. Bringing in the controversial document like the I of A and declaring your constitution as a holy book wont help. Either side has to bend, Pakistan has already done that and now its india's turn.

i assure you, the day india became serious over the Kashmir issue and feel the pain of the genocide that it has committed there for decades, the problem would get solved in a matter of months.

So clinging on with false documents and acting like a wise-guy wouldnt help and doesnt amount to getting serious about the issue, instead it just shows stubbornness and hypocrisy on india's part.

Sir, Dear sir, Sir, well if that doesnt amount to an change in attitude, i suggest you must go see a doctor.
What class do you study in??? Haven't you reached the topic of sarcasm in salutations in you literature classes?? Guess not...Remember Sir Don Quixote (aka Shekh chilli)

Anywaz, coming back to the topic; in any case either it either has to be the plebiscite or one of those 'out of the box' options given by Musharraf and Co. Every solution that was put forth by Pakistan and the one that UN proposed (to which you agreed and later ducked) is quite sane and logical. We have been ready to come to the table if any of these are seriously taken seriously by india. But what india probably plan is to falsify the entire process and keep all the fruit. Bringing in the controversial document like the I of A and declaring your constitution as a holy book wont help. Either side has to bend, Pakistan has already done that and now its india's turn.

i assure you, the day india became serious over the Kashmir issue and feel the pain of the genocide that it has committed there for decades, the problem would get solved in a matter of months.

So clinging on with false documents and acting like a wise-guy wouldnt help and doesnt amount to getting serious about the issue, instead it just shows stubbornness and hypocrisy on india's part.

So ignoring some of your usual jibes, let me say that my vote goes for the out of the box solutions of Mush and Co. I also saw a post from Haq around the same thing being going on for last 3 weeks.. Fingers crossed.. But take it from me (and GoP agrees to this line).. there will be no re drawing of boundaries.. What will work is more autonomy, more cross border movt, may be joint mechanism for things like trade etc. But if that cleanses the violence in the valley, so be it...

If where getting near to some sort of a deal on kashmir then i am pretty sure we can expect some sort of attack to take place in india.

Joint control is an acceptable proposition. It would be a workable compromise.:tup:
Sir, it would be unacceptable to the people of Azad Kashmir. They have never given anybody any reason to assume they will be satisfied with joint Indian control.

Also, I can see that joint Pak-India control could lead to many issues. Essentially, neither country will give its all and will expect the other to do most of the work. This will only increase pro-independence sentiments.

In other words, though the idea is great, I don't think its pragmatic. I still suggest my original solution, which will require India to lose some land in the Valley and gain land (completely) near Siachen. This, and Pakistan can compromise on the Water treaty if India is willing to settle the Kashmir dispute.

There are ways we can work this out, but I think we need to figure something out ASAP and to everyone's satisfaction. Kashmiris are sick of decades of negotiations with no result.

Sir, it would be unacceptable to the people of Azad Kashmir. They have never given anybody any reason to assume they will be satisfied with joint Indian control.

Also, I can see that joint Pak-India control could lead to many issues. Essentially, neither country will give its all and will expect the other to do most of the work. This will only increase pro-independence sentiments.

In other words, though the idea is great, I don't think its pragmatic. I still suggest my original solution, which will require India to lose some land in the Valley and gain land (completely) near Siachen. This, and Pakistan can compromise on the Water treaty if India is willing to settle the Kashmir dispute.

There are ways we can work this out, but I think we need to figure something out ASAP and to everyone's satisfaction. Kashmiris are sick of decades of negotiations with no result.

any land near Siachen area opens up your gilgit area to negotiations as also the land sold by Pakistan to China .... that shall be another lot of headache

also kashmir is not likely to be given ... for obvious reasons ...

although a safe passage to people to shift to Pakistani Kasmir is very much a good option

I still suggest my original solution, which will require India to lose some land in the Valley and gain land (completely) near Siachen. This, and Pakistan can compromise on the Water treaty if India is willing to settle the Kashmir dispute.

So we give up a huge chunk of Kashmir, stop you from slowly bleeding yourself to death from having to shoulder the holy duty of cross border terrorism and you let us have what we already have? Siachen and Water.

Anyway....

Open border is ideally correct, but practically difficult if not impossible.

Converting LoC into IB is practically possible but ideally incorrect.

Anything else is just good for Internet battles.

Toxic before vomiting ur dirty hate go and see Khalistani militants are raising there heads again in punjab and rajhistan looks like ur india has started to bleed from the rear?As well as from othersides like moaists,nagas,manipuris, ?
17 insurgencies bleedin u BLUE?

Last edited:
Toxic before vomiting ur dirty hate go and see Khalistani militants are raising there heads again in punjab and rajhistan looks like ur india has started to bleed from the rear?As well as from othersides like moaists,nagas,manipuris, ?
17 insurgencies bleedy u BLUE?

give links to back your claim.

Let's stick to India and Pakistan, rest of the world considers it a disputed territory and has never said that plebiscite is no more an option. The UN resolution still stands but it does not mean we cannot work out another way if agreeable to the parties actually affected by this conflict, Pakistan, India and Kashmiris.

I think the joint control option would be best as it would also help in the water dispute since both India and Pakistan would have access to the area through a third party which can also be taken as a mediator.

It shall be a major pain initially to work out a working model but if done sincerely it shall help resolve all possible issues there are between our two countries and ease the life for the Kashmiris.

Guys,

Please leave Khalistan out of this thread.
Open a new thread if all are interested in it and debate over there to your heart's content.

Thanks for your understanding.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom