What's new

The first Asian-born athlete to make the final of IAAF World Championships

AndrewJin

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
Su Bingtian Reaches Men's 100 Meter Heats Final

Su Bingtian runs during the semi-final of the men's 100 meter heats at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing on August 23, 2015. Su reached the final with a 9.99 seconds run.

Chinese sprinter Su Bingtian clocked 9.99 seconds to reach the men's 100 meter heats final at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing on Sunday.

Su is the first Asian-born athlete to make the final of this event.

He will compete in the final at 21:15 local time against Usain Bolt, Justin Gatlin, Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell.

Su jumped to fame with a 9.99 seconds run in the Eugene Grand Prix on May 30.

67db932fc7c348a4a50a67f7d77cd102.jpg

Although his performance may not make him a top3 in the coming final game, he is already a respected hero!
Congrats to Gong Lijiao who won a silver medal in women's shot put!
Congrats to Wang Zhen who won a silver medal in men's 20km race walk!

Btw, it' a little bit disappointing that the son of my father's college classmate(Zhang Peimeng) failed to make to semi-final of men's 100 meter. Anyway, thanks to all athletes participating in Beijing, what a wonderful game!

Last edited:
i expect there should be more with over a billion people in china who has all the facilities available

Su Bingtian Reaches Men's 100 Meter Heats Final

Su Bingtian runs during the semi-final of the men's 100 meter heats at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing on August 23, 2015. Su reached the final with a 9.99 seconds run.

Chinese sprinter Su Bingtian clocked 9.99 seconds to reach the men's 100 meter heats final at the IAAF World Championships in Beijing on Sunday.

Su is the first Asian-born athlete to make the final of this event.

He will compete in the final at 21:15 local time against Usain Bolt, Justin Gatlin, Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell.

Su jumped to fame with a 9.99 seconds run in the Eugene Grand Prix on May 30.

View attachment 249562

Humongous quads :woot:

i believe in racial realism.
There will be more Su in China and I believe it won't be news if more Chinese can make to final.
But apparently, you can't find all top3 of a championship are Chinese or East Asians.

Its true that there are races. Its also true they originated from same place way back. Humans evolved differently at different places according to their needs and environment. Every human is a different race imo.

i believe in racial realism.
There will be more Su in China and I believe it won't be news if more Chinese can make to final.
But apparently, you can't find all top3 of a championship are Chinese or East Asians.

Yes agree. Athletics running is a black affair.:(

Yes agree. Athletics running is a black affair.:(

Not even Black. There are only 5 players in history that are not West African Black, and only 3 in history that are not black to have broken the 10second barrier in 100m sprint.

Sprint is a West African affair almost.

Not even Black. There are only 5 players in history that are not West African Black, and only 3 in history that are not black to have broken the 10second barrier in 100m sprint.

Sprint is a West African affair almost.
seems odd to me on the west african black. among so many black american sprinters breaking 10sec barrier, I am not sure how many of them know where their ancestors came from. 2 out of the 3 non-black sprinters better than 10sec in history show up yesterday, they are Su and a french white guy. I was wondering who the third one is as u mentioned?

seems odd to me on the west african black. among so many black american sprinters breaking 10sec barrier, I am not sure how many of them know where their ancestors came from. 2 out of the 3 non-black sprinters better than 10sec in history show up yesterday, they are Su and a french white guy. I was wondering who the third one is as u mentioned?

Almost all black Americans have their ancestors from West Africa. It was simply more convenient for Slave Trade, and anyways the western side of Africa is far more populated than East.

As for people who have broken the record who are not West African:

Also forgive me, my information is slightly dated, and has no included recent players to break the 10 second barrier.

So in recent years there have been some South Africans who have been added to the list.

But non-black still remain too few, and few are the only non-black people to have ever broken 10 second barrier:

Patrick Johnson (sprinter) - Wikiwand

The first non-black to break 10 second. (Mixed White, Australian Aboriginal ethnicity)

Christophe Lemaitre - Wikiwand

The first pure White European.

Jimmy Vicaut - Wikiwand

Third non-black.

Su Bingtian - Wikiwand

The fourth non-black, and the only Asian.

Adam Gemili - Wikiwand

Fifth non-black. Complicated Ancestory, though largely Middle Eastern, and North African.

Apart from these 5, there have been total 4 non-west African descent blacks.

10-second barrier - Wikiwand

There has also been some research done.

It is believed that biological factors may be largely responsible for the notable success in sprinting events enjoyed by athletes of West African descent. Chief among these is a preponderance of natural fast twitch muscle fibers, which aid to obtain higher power, thus higher acceleration and speed. Scientists have concluded that elite-level sprinting is virtually impossible in the absence of the ACTN3 protein, a "speed gene" most common among persons of West African descent that renders fast twitch muscle fibers fast. African American 200 m and 400 m world champion Michael Johnson has suggested that the presence of ACTN3 is at the root of the success of these athletes in sprinting events.[17][20] Top sprinters of differing ancestry, such as Christophe Lemaitre, are believed to be exceptions in that they too likely have the genes favourable for sprinting.[20]

100 metres - Wikiwand

Almost all black Americans have their ancestors from West Africa. It was simply more convenient for Slave Trade, and anyways the western side of Africa is far more populated than East.

As for people who have broken the record who are not West African:

Also forgive me, my information is slightly dated, and has no included recent players to break the 10 second barrier.

So in recent years there have been some South Africans who have been added to the list.

But non-black still remain too few, and few are the only non-black people to have ever broken 10 second barrier:

Patrick Johnson (sprinter) - Wikiwand

The first non-black to break 10 second. (Mixed White, Australian Aboriginal ethnicity)

Christophe Lemaitre - Wikiwand

The first pure White European.

Jimmy Vicaut - Wikiwand

Third non-black.

Su Bingtian - Wikiwand

The fourth non-black, and the only Asian.

Adam Gemili - Wikiwand

Fifth non-black. Complicated Ancestory, though largely Middle Eastern, and North African.

Apart from these 5, there have been total 4 non-west African descent blacks.

10-second barrier - Wikiwand

There has also been some research done.

It is believed that biological factors may be largely responsible for the notable success in sprinting events enjoyed by athletes of West African descent. Chief among these is a preponderance of natural fast twitch muscle fibers, which aid to obtain higher power, thus higher acceleration and speed. Scientists have concluded that elite-level sprinting is virtually impossible in the absence of the ACTN3 protein, a "speed gene" most common among persons of West African descent that renders fast twitch muscle fibers fast. African American 200 m and 400 m world champion Michael Johnson has suggested that the presence of ACTN3 is at the root of the success of these athletes in sprinting events.[17][20] Top sprinters of differing ancestry, such as Christophe Lemaitre, are believed to be exceptions in that they too likely have the genes favourable for sprinting.[20]

100 metres - Wikiwand
Thanks for the info. but jimmy vicaut is hard to be classified as non-black, at least he is mixed, with black ancestors.

dv1843668.jpg

I remember watching the 100m event in the Asian games 1998 I think....and a japanese sprinter Koji Ito ran 9.99 seconds which they later corrected to 10.00. It was semi final heat I think.

But for a few minutes the commentators were mentioning this guy had become the first Asian to beat 10 second mark.

I remember watching the 100m event in the Asian games 1998 I think....and a japanese sprinter Koji Ito ran 9.99 minutes which they later corrected to 10.00. It was semi final heat I think.

But for a few minutes the commentators were mentioning this guy had become the first Asian to beat 10 minute mark.

10 second mark

Back
Top Bottom