What's new

The city in Pakistan that loves a British hairstyle

us corrupt ki vote biradri voter aley deney tey o log deney jina ki kashmir cause naal nafrat ey :D
There is not one language spoken in AJK the dialect of Mirpur,Bhimber and Poonch are pothwari there is very little difference in northern districts dogri,shina,kashmiri,hindko are spoken
hala te fir te sare kahsmir ki he lagna Kashmir cause naal nafrut he ..dasso ji 33 seat dehe te nara lane jul Nawaz jul lol
khair I was talking about ethnic group not language . Photohari is ethnic group of those who live in photohar region .Those who are living in azad kasmir may speak photohi/Pahari but they are not photohari people

IMG_3704.JPG
IMG_3705.JPG
IMG_3706.JPG
IMG_3707.JPG
IMG_3708.JPG
IMG_3709.JPG

Pak has deserts,14 of the highest peaks,3 mighty mountain ranges (himalayas,Korakoram,Hindukush), mud volcanos,rocky deserts, deserts in the middle of lush green valleys,alpine sort of areas,lush green plaines,rivers?lakes, and beaches.

Not just what u see on the telly

Why is it that with all these diverse landscape and scenery the country barely attracts tourists?:hitwall:.
Must be due to to bad publicity or something. Guess the I internal terror conflict also has alot to do with this bad image.

To be honest I'm surprised to see such diverse landscape. Never knew Pakistan had such a diverse geography. I thought only countries like Sri Lanka had such landscape and beautiful green forests/plains, clean long beaches, etc since I have seen alot of advertisement here about Sri Lanka which is a very popular tourist destination (personally, it's the most beautiful country I have been to in South Asia) at par or better than the Maldives.

Pakistan is the only country I haven't been to in the region(well, not counting small invisible Bhutan.lol ). Gotta look into this in future.

I spent all my time in UK trying to detach myself from this crowd for their reputation in the metro areas is terrible.

Why is it that with all these diverse landscape and scenery the country barely attracts tourists?:hitwall:.
Must be due to to bad publicity or something. Guess the I internal terror conflict also has alot to do with this bad image.

To be honest I'm surprised to see such diverse landscape. Never knew Pakistan had such a diverse geography. I thought only countries like Sri Lanka had such landscape and beautiful green forests/plains, clean long beaches, etc since I have seen alot of advertisement here about Sri Lanka which is a very popular tourist destination (personally, it's the most beautiful country I have been to in South Asia) at par or better than the Maldives.

Pakistan is the only country I haven't been to in the region(well, not counting small invisible Bhutan.lol ). Gotta look into this in future.

We hardly have any tourism policy or campaign in place.

Bad press is also a factor.

@krash.

Finally after alot of time, im finally escaping to GB...

The first week of july... would need your help in planning routes,places to visit, regardin weather and road conditions ... I thought a road trip would be better than by air.

Brilliant! Anytime brother, I'm looking forward to it.

And yes, by road is the way to travel there, especially for first timers, you won't forget it.

Ah, for those of us who've seen this Pakistan, it's materialised in a life long affair of obsession and love. And we are sorta grateful that it's less known to the modern tourist hordes.

Pakistan was a very popular destination before the Soviet-Afghan war, everything after that changed it. A large part of it is also due to ignorance, e.g. every news report since the start of WOT has stated that there are Taliban in FATA in Northern Pakistan......FATA is nowhere near Northern Pakistan. I bet you there are still Pakistanis who think GB is or at least was infested with Talis, while in reality it's the region which has been the safest and the farthest removed from all the terrorism.

hala te fir te sare kahsmir ki he lagna Kashmir cause naal nafrut he ..dasso ji 33 seat dehe te nara lane jul Nawaz jul lol
khair I was talking about ethnic group not language . Photohari is ethnic group of those who live in photohar region .Those who are living in azad kasmir may speak photohi/Pahari but they are not photohari people
Masair opposition parties ney combine vote is motay corrupt jindal party to ziada san tusaan ey nayi ke sakney key is keen ziyada suppprt hasil ey but doji parties keen ziyada hasil mari gal tey nayi yakeen tey tusaan check kar sakney

And nope pothwari speakers are pothwaris doesnot matter if they live in Punjab,Kpk or Ajk

WOW....is this really Pakistan?? :woot:
Never knew the country's landscape was so green. Looks more like a tropical island Caribbean country or something.
The north is beautiful but there are also some interesting places in the South
Ancient Katas Raj Temple
fe5.jpg

Islamabad (It gets a lot of Western tourist)
large_s37.jpg

Funny story 2 years back in August some EUropean (not British maybe Italian or German)20, something tourist were visiting Islamabad for the first time temperature was like in the mid 30,s they almost fainted from the heat and its not even the hottest part of Pakistan :D
So if you are planning on visiting the south best month to visit would be January
Khewra salt mines are also another place popular with tourists
A lot of Chinese tourists here
Pakistani-RMY-004-himalayan-salt-mines-scens.jpg

Khewra-salt-mine-visitors-lounge.jpg

The salt here is actually Pink in colour
Also there is the Derawar fort in a really hot place in South of the country
12924244994_2676f4ac49_o.jpg

You see those bushes stay away from them they have nasty scorpions lurking in their shade :D
Also there is the historic city of Lahore

Some videos of western tourists in Pakistan

It is pretty. Hopefully future generations of Indians and Pakistanis will be able to drive and visit each others' countries when all this madness ends.

The north is beautiful but there are also some interesting places in the South
Ancient Katas Raj Temple
fe5.jpg

Islamabad (It gets a lot of Western tourist)
large_s37.jpg

Funny story 2 years back in August some EUropean (not British maybe Italian or German)20, something tourist were visiting Islamabad for the first time temperature was like in the mid 30,s they almost fainted from the heat and its not even the hottest part of Pakistan :D
So if you are planning on visiting the south best month to visit would be January
Khewra salt mines are also another place popular with tourists
A lot of Chinese tourists here
Pakistani-RMY-004-himalayan-salt-mines-scens.jpg

Khewra-salt-mine-visitors-lounge.jpg

The salt here is actually Pink in colour
Also there is the Derawar fort in a really hot place in South of the country
12924244994_2676f4ac49_o.jpg

You see those bushes stay away from them they have nasty scorpions lurking in their shade :D
Also there is the historic city of Lahore

Some videos of western tourists in Pakistan
Seriously, Pakistan should invest more in advertising the country abroad to draw in tourist. It could be a major source of revenue for the country . Just look at Thailand as an example, over 10-15% of their entire GDP is derived from tourism from western countries(manly U.K, U S, Germany,France, Australia) and East Asia(China,Japan,and S.Korea), The country earned almost $75billion from tourism last year alone and it's increasing every year(estimated to be $80billion this year) creating millions of jobs for the country.

Pakistan should emulate such countries, from what I have seen here so far there are some beautiful stunning places to visit in Pakistan. Don't understand why the authorities don't sell this to the world, they themselves could benefit alot from this(not just the people), and yet seems they don't even bother much, Strange.

I spent all my time in UK trying to detach myself from this crowd for their reputation in the metro areas is terrible.
Lol why is that? They have a bad reputation?

Lol why is that? They have a bad reputation?
They mostly migrated from Rural Areas when the Mangla dam was built in the 60,s
People from this district makeup almost 70% of the Pakistani community in Birmingham and Bradford they came mainly from rural backgrounds so the first generation of migrants weren't that educated
Famous Mirpuri origin Brits are Zayn Malik and Lorn Nazir Ahmad
Seriously, Pakistan should invest more in advertising the country abroad to draw in tourist. It could be a major source of revenue for the country . Just look at Thailand as an example, over 10-15% of their entire GDP is derived from tourism from western countries(manly U.K, U S, Germany,France, Australia) and East Asia(China,Japan,and S.Korea),
Well this terrorism issue is slowly going down and except for the afghan border region which still has some mild issues Pakistan is safe and is having a tourism revival
https://timesofislamabad.com/pakistan-tourism-industry-registers-tremendous-growth-2016/2017/02/27/
You many not know this but modern Buddhism and Sikhism have their roots in Pakistan
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/stee...ddhist-learning-lies-hidden-in-neelum.408466/
https://wondersofpakistan.wordpress.com/tag/sikh-shrines-in-pakistan/
The oldest universities in the world are also located in Pakistan
http://www.hellotravel.com/stories/top-5-oldest-universities-around-world
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/stee...ddhist-learning-lies-hidden-in-neelum.408466/
Alberuni calculated the radius of the world from a temple in Pakistan
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/how-...h-from-temple-nandana-punjab-pakistan.405638/
One of the oldest farming settlement in the world
http://ancientpakistan.info/pakistan-history-timeline/mehrgarh-culture/
@Sharif al-Hijaz
Pakistan should emulate such countries, from what I have seen here so far there are some beautiful stunning places to visit in Pakistan. Don't understand why the authorities don't sell this to the world, they themselves could benefit alot from this(not just the people), and yet seems they don't even bother much, Strange.
Its hard to attract tourist due to security issues(its been decades since we played a test match with England on Pakistani soil for this reason :-( ) but now many East Asian tourist have started pouring in large numbers as security issue is completely resolved we will see huge flocks of tourists in Pakistan like we did in the 60,s
552636de359ec.jpg

Its happening but at a slow pace :D
939071-a-1439725862-259-640x480.jpg

Just look at Thailand as an example, over 10-15% of their entire GDP is derived from tourism from western countries(manly U.K, U S, Germany,France, Australia)
We are seeing a surge in tourists from these countries but it will take some time to convince the world its safe to visit Pakistan

They mostly migrated from Rural Areas when the Mangla dam was built in the 60,s
People from this district makeup almost 70% of the Pakistani community in Birmingham and Bradford they came mainly from rural backgrounds so the first generation of migrants weren't that educated
Famous Mirpuri origin Brits are Zayn Malik and Lorn Nazir Ahmad

Well this terrorism issue is slowly going down and except for the afghan border region which still has some mild issues Pakistan is safe and is having a tourism revival
https://timesofislamabad.com/pakistan-tourism-industry-registers-tremendous-growth-2016/2017/02/27/
You many not know this but modern Buddhism and Sikhism have their roots in Pakistan
https://wondersofpakistan.wordpress.com/tag/sikh-shrines-in-pakistan/
The oldest universities in the world are also located in Pakistan
http://www.hellotravel.com/stories/top-5-oldest-universities-around-world
Alberuni calculated the radius of the world from a temple in Pakistan
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/how-...h-from-temple-nandana-punjab-pakistan.405638/
One of the oldest farming settlement in the world
http://ancientpakistan.info/pakistan-history-timeline/mehrgarh-culture/
@Sharif al-Hijaz

Its hard to attract tourist due to security issues(its been decades since we played a test match with England on Pakistani soil for this reason :-( ) but now many East Asian tourist have started pouring in large numbers as security issue is completely resolved we will see huge flocks of tourists in Pakistan like we did in the 60,s
552636de359ec.jpg

Its happening but at a slow pace :D
939071-a-1439725862-259-640x480.jpg

We are seeing a surge in tourists from these countries but it will take some time to convince the world its safe to visit Pakistan
Wishing all the best to Pakistan.
Mannnnn..... There brainwashed islamic terrorists don't know the damage they have done to many people. :hitwall:. Without them I'm sure Pakistan will be much more developed than it is today. Anyway, better late than never.

From what I have heard, Pakistan was much better and more liberal/open in the 50s to 70s is it true ?

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom