The Books project

Status
Not open for further replies.

somebozo

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have over 5000+ ebooks on different topics of computers, IT, engineering, politics, mechanics, sciences, aviation, electronics, programing, etc etc collected over a period of few years out of my own intrests in various topics. Many books are recent with publishing dates between 2006-2010. I wonder if some select books of intrest from this treasure of knowledge can be turned into printed media and distributed for free among talented poor's of our country. Not only it will generate an immense human capital but keep many people busy. Could be a good strategy to motivate flood victims who will soon be bombared with generous amount of deviant literature by jehadi organisations.

I know this is blatant breach of copyright laws however we are a poor country and could care less when it come to sharing knowledge. In India, thousand of low cost books are printed each year by "piracy" and government seems to care less.

Please reply with your feedbacks. :pakistan:

Don't say they were copyrighted and you downloaded from Rapidshare or other file hosting websites :lol: as i do not believe you wrote (or purchased with redistribution rights) "mighty 5000" books and now spreading the knowledge for free.

PS: If you have any accounting books, feel free to PM me :lol:

I have over 5000+ ebooks on different topics of computers, IT, engineering, politics, mechanics, sciences, aviation, electronics, programing, etc etc collected over a period of few years out of my own intrests in various topics. Many books are recent with publishing dates between 2006-2010. I wonder if some select books of intrest from this treasure of knowledge can be turned into printed media and distributed for free among talented poor's of our country. Not only it will generate an immense human capital but keep many people busy. Could be a good strategy to motivate flood victims who will soon be bombared with generous amount of deviant literature by jehadi organisations.

I know this is blatant breach of copyright laws however we are a poor country and could care less when it come to sharing knowledge. In India, thousand of low cost books are printed each year by "piracy" and government seems to care less.

Please reply with your feedbacks. :pakistan:

Though your intentions are noble, and I applaud you for it, this would amount to, as you put it, blatant copyright violation. It would be up to Pakistani laws and LEO's to deal with it.

My suggestion, dont make a lot of noise about it. Dont talk about a business model and definitely dont talk about money. Rest is up to you. Get it?

oh i have almost 1000 books, oh its quite easy now, the project could be of your own digital library .. !!!

Don't say they were copyrighted and you downloaded from Rapidshare or other file hosting websites :lol: as i do not believe you wrote (or purchased with redistribution rights) "mighty 5000" books and now spreading the knowledge for free.

PS: If you have any accounting books, feel free to PM me :lol:

Offcourse buddy, my other job is somali pirate of the internet..ha ha ha

Though your intentions are noble, and I applaud you for it, this would amount to, as you put it, blatant copyright violation. It would be up to Pakistani laws and LEO's to deal with it.

My suggestion, dont make a lot of noise about it. Dont talk about a business model and definitely dont talk about money. Rest is up to you. Get it?

The project will require donations to publish books but will remain not for profit. I think we can always collect donation legally under "education project"

oh i have almost 1000 books, oh its quite easy now, the project could be of your own digital library .. !!!

My collection is most catagorized in differents folders. How about yours?

Here is an update.

Manage to get hold of willing printing press owner who is ready to assist by reducing his profit margin. But we should place a large order. Now I am sorting our books of intrest and estimating quantity of their publication.

After that comes the donation drive...How about going high tech..collect them over the net..never dislose that you are printing them from ebooks..haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom