What's new

The Best and Worst Airports In The World - 2015

Dude maybe Japan can help us to build a replacement for NAIA President Aquino did hinted on possibility of replacement airport near Manila bay i guess they scraping the conversion of sangly point as the new airport.

I'm sure that is a possibility, in fact JICA is funding the soon-to-be-built Bohol International Airport!

Dude maybe Japan can help us to build a replacement for NAIA President Aquino did hinted on possibility of replacement airport near Manila bay i guess they scraping the conversion of sangly point as the new airport.

Its okay bro, the Cebu Mactan International Airport is the 18th best in Asia. Its definitely going to improve as it expands !

Mactan Cebu International Airport, 18th best airport

Singapore Changi Airport Hotel

Crowne_Plaza_Changi_Airport,_Singapore_-_20120320.jpg

DSC_2801.jpeg

I'm sure that is a possibility, in fact JICA is funding the soon-to-be-built Bohol International Airport!

Its okay bro, the Cebu Mactan International Airport is the 18th best in Asia. Its definitely going to improve as it expands !

Mactan Cebu International Airport, 18th best airport

Well its good thing things are looking up for us but more is still need

Vietnam, new airport for Ho Chi Minh City in plan.

d4esan-bay2.jpg

Don't feel so bad about that list just keep improving

Air France? Must be a joke.

they are indeed improving a lot these years. if you have a time, better see how the hell Asiana Airlines gets toppled from the top 10. even weirder as how come Qantas has better quality than Lufthansa. then again, this is Skytrax list so this is genuine.

Thks for understanding. Tan Son Nhat airport in HCM city is small and overloaded.

Same problem here buddy that's why i understand it make take longer saying your building not refurbishing a airport but give time who knows it would be even better than china's or Japan's ( no offense to our Japanese comrades) its all about time money and management.

Same problem here buddy that's why i understand it make take longer saying your building not refurbishing a airport but give time who knows it would be even better than china's or Japan's ( no offense to our Japanese comrades) its all about time money and management.

Last time I checked, there was originally a plan to turn Clark Intl. Airport (or DMIA) as the replacement for NAIA. In fact, there were two proposed designs for a rehabilitation of Clark Intl. Airport.
DMIA_master_plan.jpg

DMIA 2.png

Last time I checked, there was originally a plan to turn Clark Intl. Airport (or DMIA) as the replacement for NAIA. In fact, there were two proposed designs for a rehabilitation of Clark Intl. Airport.
View attachment 266819
View attachment 266820

Well i read in Aksyon is different that President Aquino hinted on airport to be build near manila bay i thought they scrap that plan since Clark was simply too far away without a proper train system to get people from metro manila to clark

Well i read in Aksyon is different that President Aquino hinted on airport to be build near manila bay i thought they scrap that plan since Clark was simply too far away without a proper train system to get people from metro manila to clark

The main issue in NAIA is always the runway - we can beautify all the three terminals (I didn't include T4 as there is no hope for it), but if the airplanes have to wait just to take-off/land, the problem of being one of the worst airports will not go away. I even remember when I was working in the airport that airports that are taxing are in queue, waiting for an airplane to land, mostly around dusk to night time.

Anyways, well most airports are usually built far from the cities, as I remember Kuala Lumpur's airport and Bangkok's old Don Mueang Airport being far from the cities, similar to the distance of going to Clark from Manila (I have never landed in the newer Suvarnabhumi airport as the last time I went to Bangkok was in 2001 as a diplomat). If the North Rail Project was not cancelled, the Clark airport proposal would have been done; it is also a possible reason why the Skyway Extension was done.

I am not really sure about the Sangley Point proposal as it would require the construction of a reclaimed island in a massive scale, similar to Kansai airport.

The main issue in NAIA is always the runway - we can beautify all the three terminals (I didn't include T4 as there is no hope for it), but if the airplanes have to wait just to take-off/land, the problem of being one of the worst airports will not go away. I even remember when I was working in the airport that airports that are taxing are in queue, waiting for an airplane to land, mostly around dusk to night time.

Anyways, well most airports are usually built far from the cities, as I remember Kuala Lumpur's airport and Bangkok's old Don Mueang Airport being far from the cities, similar to the distance of going to Clark from Manila (I have never landed in the newer Suvarnabhumi airport as the last time I went to Bangkok was in 2001 as a diplomat). If the North Rail Project was not cancelled, the Clark airport proposal would have been done; it is also a possible reason why the Skyway Extension was done.

I am not really sure about the Sangley Point proposal as it would require the construction of a reclaimed island in a massive scale, similar to Kansai airport.

Nice to hear diplomat huh anyhow ayala still proposing that North rail project but still they need to improve transport skyway or any land transportation is going to hell and going to be a pain going to clark if i was the government i leave clark as alternative airport and build a new airport near manila bay or build a new airbase for the 15th strike wing and the Navy fleet and build up Sangley( well its already there than manila bay idea a far more better choice)

Thks for understanding. Tan Son Nhat airport in HCM city is small and overloaded.

VN ranking is embrassing just go to wait until Thang Long airport is built in 2020. It will be one of the Worlds Busiest Airports. It will be bigger than Singapore Changi + Bangkok's Suvarnabhumi combined.

Hanoi (AFP) - Lawmakers in Vietnam voted Thursday to build a controversial new $16 billion airport near Ho Chi Minh City, as the country vies to become one of the world's busiest aviation hubs.

vietnam_long_thanh_plan_masse_fr.jpg

The project aims to ease airport congestion in Vietnam's business hub and cater to an ambitious 100 million passengers and five million tonnes of cargo a year by 2050.

"Building the international Long Thanh airport has been approved by the National Assembly with 86 percent of votes in favour," the communist state said in a posting on its government website, adding the new airport would be built around 40 kilometres (25 miles) from the city.

But the plan, first mooted decades earlier, has sparked vigorous public debate in the authoritarian country, with many questioning why the existing airport could not be expanded.

The problem appears to be a large golf course, owned by Vietnam's powerful military, that sits right next to the existing Tan Son Nhat Airport. The government has ruled out expanding onto this land.

"It is very unreasonable to allow a golf course in the airport while it lacks parking lots for airplanes," Le Trong Sanh, former head of the Tan Son Nhat Airport flight management section and a vocal critic of the Long Thanh airport plan, has told state media. He instead supports expanding the existing site.

According to the Airports Corporation of Vietnam, the city's international airport already serves 20 million passengers a year and will hit the maximum capacity of 25 million passengers by 2017.

If all goes to plan, the proposed airport in neighbouring Dong Nai province would turn Vietnam into a regional aviation hub.

"The project's funding will come from the state budget, the aviation sector, Official Development Assistance, enterprises and other sources," the government said in its statement.

In recent years the current airport has suffered from a string of technical glitches including a power outage in November 2014 that left the control tower without radar for more than an hour.

Last week an 18-minute radio disruption in air traffic control resulted in six flights being delayed and one plane diverted to another airport.

The reason for the disruption remains unclear, the Civil Aviation Administration of Vietnam said.

Lawmakers have called for the Long Thanh project, long mired in debates over feasibility and funding, to avoid "wastefulness and losses" and for transparency at all stages of the construction.

Atlanta in the United States was the world's busiest airport in 2014 with more than 96 million passengers, followed by Beijing in second place, London's Heathrow in third and Haneda in Tokyo coming fourth, according to an Airports Council International statement in March.

Source: Vietnam approves $16 Billion Mega Airport aiming to become one of the World's Busiest Aviation Hubs

Top 30 Best Airports in Asia 2015

We are often asked how other airports ranked in the survey, so below you will find a list of the Top 30 Best Airports in Asia as voted by travellers in our 2015 Airport Survey:

1.Singapore Changi International Airport, Singapore (SIN)
2.Seoul Incheon International Airport, South Korea (ICN)
3.Tokyo Haneda International Airport, Japan (HND)
4.Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, Taiwan (TPE)
5.Hong Kong International Airport, Hong Kong (HKG)
6.Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia (KUL)
7.Osaka Kansai International Airport, Japan (KIX)
8.New Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport, India (DEL)
9.Hyderabad Rajiv Gandhi International Airport, India (HYD)
10.Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, India (BOM)
11.Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, Bangkok (BKK)
12.Tokyo Narita International Airport, Japan (NRT)
13.Koh Samui Airport, Thailand (USM)
14.Trivandrum International Airport, India (TRV)
15.Cochin International Airport, India (COK)
16.Lahore Allama Iqbal International Airport, Pakistan (LHE)
17.Bangalore Bengaluru International Airport, India (BLR)
18.Mactan–Cebu International Airport, Philippines (CEB)
19.Kolkata Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose International Airport, India (CCU)
20.Karachi Jinnah International Airport, Pakistan (KHI)
21.Iloilo International Airport, Philippines (ILO)
22.Kualanamu International Airport, Indonesia (KNO)
23.Da Nang International Airport, Vietnam (DAD)
24.Clark International Airport, Philippines (CRK)
25.Baku Heydar Aliyev International Airport, Azerbaijan (GYD)
26.Surabaya Juanda International Airport, Indonesia (SUB)
27.Penang International Airport, Malaysia (PEN)
28.Hanoi Noi Bai International Airport, Vietnam (HAN)
29.Beijing Capital International Airport, China (PEK)
30.Kota Kinabalu International Airport, Malaysia (BKI)

Best & Worst Airports of 2015

Last edited:
You're a judgemental prick. I've been to Hong Kong airport and Seoul which ranked top 10. You're hurting and take anything as offensive. I could careless for the likes like you. You're not worth my time, fool. Go to my block list where you belong.
This airport like our railway station
武汉.jpg

Tianhe(Wuhan)airport :partay:
武汉01.jpg
武汉02.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom