What's new

The Azad Kashmir Regiment - Sons of the Battlefield

The Azad Kashmir Regiment is one of the six infantry regiments of Pakistan Army. Its Regimental Center is located at Mansar, Attock District, Punjab.

Isn't this contradictory in the first place?

I mean if it is indeed 'azad' and is distinct from Pakistan, then why doesn't it have its own Army with protection from PA?

Why is it a part of the PA in first place?

I mean for us Bhutan is an independent country despite we being their security guarantors and they have their own Army.

Dont know if the information is appropriate for this thread or not but anyway, the father of my best friend, Lt Col Amir Alam Khan (late) commanded 1AK

I am just providing information that is missing in the article about Maj.Zarrar. Do you want all the teenaged fan boys on this thread to still believe that the famous Zojila pass is still in Pakistan control?

Isn't this contradictory in the first place?

I mean if it is indeed 'azad' and is distinct from Pakistan, then why doesn't it have its own Army with protection from PA?

Why is it a part of the PA in first place?

I mean for us Bhutan is an independent country despite we being their security guarantors and they have their own Army.

Azad Kashmir means the Kashmir that has been liberated. Its an independent entity within Pakistan that is why AKR is part of Pakistan Army.

I read in some urdu newspaper that there are 4 soldiers of Azad Kashmir Regiment in indian prison since the 1965 war, assumed to be killed, but in 2006 were discovered to be alive...

The case should be taken up by Pak Govt.

I am just providing information that is missing in the article about Maj.Zarrar. Do you want all the teenaged fan boys on this thread to still believe that the famous Zojila pass is still in Pakistan control?

All the teenaged boys here know that ZojiLa pass is under Bharati occupation since 1947. Just because you are one don't consider everyone else to be an idiot. :)

The ******** is strong with this one

Can somebody post the detail about the capture of Haji Pir Pass from Indians just one day from ceasefire ? I read it a long time ago ...

1.AK Regt/AKRF is more than a battle-field regt. Like the Sind Regt later, this is a regt without a past into colonial subjugation. There was a time when people used to believe what the Britsh had been brainwashing us, that the Kashmiris and the Bengalees were non-martial. That the British had their own agenda never crossed our mind. Even in recent times, pre Mujahedeen days really, only the Suddans were recognized as soldier material.

2. With the Centre at Ojhri Camp, now ISI premises, the Regt was formed with a paraphernalia of various elements. Many officers were ex-INA rejected by PA. There were many SPCC (Special Purpose Short Service Commission) officers. Pay and emoluments of men were not at par with PA. But the fact is that ever since 1948, practically the entire regt has remained deployed at CFL/LOC. And the Regt took great pride in this fact. So was the joke in PA. AKRF was translated as "Ao Khao Ration Free". Unlike anywhere else a posting in AK, and mostly into AKRF, involved issuance od an LRC along with the Movement Order.

3. I cannot imagine why the Center is in Mansar, an abandoned POW camp from British days also used in 1972. AK is full of ideal locations. I see the pips are golden with crimson background like the Punjab Regt. Unless my memory is failing me, in AKRF these used to be black like the Baloch with maroon background.

4. I have had the privilege of serving with these troops. A wonderful lot who are totally tuned to one aim in soldiering - recovering Kashmir from occupation. Otherwise a lively, happy and a brave lot who must be among the physically fittest in PA. I wish them well.

4. I have had the privilege of serving with these troops. A wonderful lot who are totally tuned to one aim in soldiering - recovering Kashmir from occupation. Otherwise a lively, happy and a brave lot who must be among the physically fittest in PA. I wish them well.

Who are you ? :what: :what: :what: Do share more !

Are you ex-military officer? Pre-71?:what:

They say the military elites are shook in their privates in the idea of infiltrating on Indian Administerated Kashmir. otherwise what would be the reasoin of them holding back for more than half a century.......?????

It's hunting season for IAK Forces.

Can somebody post the detail about the capture of Haji Pir Pass from Indians just one day from ceasefire ? I read it a long time ago ...

Haji Pir was not "captured" in war from India. It was rather India that captured Haji Pir from Pakistan but returned it back as a part of the ceasefire agreement.

Back
Top Bottom