What's new

The 100 best footballers in the world 2016 - The Guardian

SherDil

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Our panel of 124 experts from 45 nations compiled a list of the greatest male players on the planet. Click on an individual to read more about their year
  • 500.jpg

Cristiano Ronaldo
    Real Madrid

• 500.jpg

Lionel Messi
    Barcelona

• 500.jpg

Luis Suárez
    Barcelona

• 500.jpg
    Antoine Griezmann
    Atlético Madrid

• 500.jpg
    Neymar
    Barcelona

• 500.jpg

Gareth Bale
    Real Madrid

• 500.jpg

Robert Lewandowski
    Bayern Munich

• 500.jpg

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
    Borussia Dortmund

• 500.jpg

Alexis Sánchez
    Arsenal

• 500.jpg

Riyad Mahrez
    Leicester City

• 500.jpg

Sergio Agüero
    Manchester City

• 500.jpg

Luka Modric
    Real Madrid

For his age, Ibrahimovic is on fire! He's got a good couple of years of football in him, and hopefully that's enough time for him to win a major title in his last league club!

Not a fan of Neymar and not sure what Jamie Vardy is doing in the list.

To be honest I dont like these type of top 10 top20 lists. It's discriminatory, especially when your are mixing all types of players and making one list.
Of course strikers will take the lead because of goals and awards.

There should be a separare top10 list for players in every role only then we will be able to get to know about other best players as well.

Messi is EASILY above Ronaldo. All the media hype can not put Ronaldo above Messi.

Especially in last year, Messi absolutely dominated soccer with his insane performances. Even this season, Messi has 23 goals while Ronaldo is barely 15--and guess what? Messi also has more assists than Ronaldo.

Furthermore, Messi even scored far more free kicks than Ronaldo AND his free kick scoring ratio is better than Ronaldo's overall.

.........but but but Ronaldo is number one. Why? Well he is stronger and taller than Messi and has better penalty scoring record.

LOL

In last year, Messi scored most goals in the world---did most assists in the world--did most dribbles in the world----And still lost to Ronaldo for Ballon de Dor! :lol:

Ronaldo did not even contribute an iota in his teams' victories. Portugal got lucky and Real Madrid too--and Ronaldo barely didn't sh!t in these teams success. But he gets to put above Messi who single handedly dominated the world soccer?

@Areesh

Lets see Madrid fan defend this :D

Last edited:
Ronaldo has takenover messi this season and thankyou british media darling and a huge burden on man utd rooney is not on the list

You are talking about 2015-16.
View attachment 365150

No I am talking about overall "Calendar Year 2016" in totality.

There you go, from same website

Calendar Year 2016

Messi has more goals, more assists, and more dribbles (As mentioned by the guardian article too)

In any case, Messi is far superior to Ronaldo and you haven't provided me with any counters, I see :D

Btw look at All Time Stats, Messi absolutely crushes Ronaldo in every field, especially when you take out penalties from both players and consider their performance on the field

Ronaldo is one of the greatest, dont get me wrong--but Messi is easily THE GREATEST EVER soccer player of all time. Things that he does on regular basis have NEVER been achieved by anyone else in history.

K man. Not a big fan of football though but this year i think messi will completely overshadow ronaldo.

In terms of personal performance, Messi overshadows entire soccer world and has been doing it for YEARS now. As I said, even this past year, which as "disappointing" for Messi--Messi scored most goals, did most assists, and did most dribbles than any other player on planet....and that's the year Messi did not win Ballon D'or :lol: Just imagine the level of his dominance..

However, it depends if his team does well or not. If his team doesn't win major titles, while Madrid wins--then sadly, you'll be again seeing inferior players than Messi ranked above him--since their team won more "trophies"

Back
Top Bottom