What's new

Thank you CPEC - Lowari Tunnel Completed

AZ1

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
After multiple delays in development for about four decades, the Lowari Tunnel has finally been opened. It will cut the harsh Lowari Pass crossing from 3 hours to only 15 minutes. — at Lowari Tunnel.
LOWERI TUNNEL.jpg

BF.jpg

Which Country would mind loans for such Development :D.

finally all that hardship will be over...

but wait when did lowari tunnel become part of cpec ???

Dude to be honest, no country takes loan to build these basic infrastructure like roads, bridges, tunnels, schools, etc. China has played very smart and would take credit for even simplest construction that will take place in Pakistan. Well played China!

A grim reminder of the incompetence of the Pakistani state, which was unable to complete a relatively small project like this, without foreign assistance. This is basic infrastructure, for God's sake! Not much to be happy about, I remember this project was due since a long period of time. Progress is always good but serious questions need to be asked like "What are we doing ourselves?".

Dude to be honest, no country takes loan to build these basic infrastructure like roads, bridges, tunnels, schools, etc. China has played very smart and would take credit for even simplest construction that will take place in Pakistan. Well played China!

You are right my friend. Here you go

India, ADB sign $500 million loan pact to build 9.8-km Ganga bridge in Bihar

$500 Million ADB Loan To Help India Build Its Longest River Bridge

I can not post the link directly because of my post count but you can google the above title.

A grim reminder of the incompetence of the Pakistani state, which was unable to complete a relatively small project like this, without foreign assistance. This is basic infrastructure, for God's sake! Not much to be happy about, I remember this project was due since a long period of time. Progress is always good but serious questions need to be asked like "What are we doing ourselves?".

You are right, these are basic infrastructures which as per your post was due since a long period. Now it's complete still you are complaining it's from loan. We have been taking loans from IMF FROM ages no one has ever move a eye brow where all those loan gone?Corrupt politicans taken those away those loans in to their bank accounts But for CPEC yeah loan :o OMG

You are right my friend. Here you go

India, ADB sign $500 million loan pact to build 9.8-km Ganga bridge in Bihar

$500 Million ADB Loan To Help India Build Its Longest River Bridge

I can not post the link directly because of my post count but you can google the above title.
Comparing apple with orange...

Something that is exception in India is rule in Pakistan, and that is my worry. India takes loan not because it cant provide fund itself, but cost benefit analysis makes more sense to take loan for such projects and divert the budget for more return inducing projects. Even the loan that India has taken is from ADB, and the contract is given to an Indian company who would construct the bridge, and upon completion credit will go to Indian govt...

Take another example, Apple Inc, a cash giant company has debt, why so? Because it makes economic sense to have a balance between equity and loan....but in case of Pakistan that has reserve not even 1/10th of Apple, going for loan to build roads, bridges, is not because they are being economically smart but because they have no choice but to outsource their infrastructure to a powerful country, agreeing to all terms and conditions of that powerful country, which needless to say involves all contract being handed in platter to the companies from the powerful country

That's why I said China is smart, building simplest infra for Pakistan, giving all contract to Chinese companies, getting huge interest over it, and getting a god like status with the investment starved nation, that anyone who dares question their intention becomes a traitor

You are right, these are basic infrastructures which as per your post was due since a long period. Now it's complete still you are complaining it's from loan. We have been taking loans from IMF FROM ages no one has ever move a eye brow where all those loan gone?Corrupt politicans taken those away those loans in to their bank accounts But for CPEC yeah loan :o OMG

According to the Wikipedia, the work on the project began in 1975 and still its only eighty five percent complete (though opened for public use) as at July 20th, 2017. Please tell me, why should I be happy? I didn't specifically criticize CPEC-related loans, but rather all "unneeded foreign assistance" (see my first post here). The state of Pakistan should be able to undertake these projects by itself. If we can have a better defense base than India according to their own military officer, then this shouldn't be a problem, at all. Typical example of supremely bad governance and people being happy with whatever little they are getting!

Typical example of supremely bad governance and people being happy with whatever little they are getting!
Shouldn't we?

Bad governance yes it's there for decades don't you think?. We are not USA, We are not Germans nor any develop country neither we ever claimed shupa pawa or claimed being develop country like INDIA where other bust our bubble by saying this country is third world county. If we had given this project to any local company. It had become political issue, allow bidding to only political family company and construction would have taken don't know how many years. So let your friend help you to achieve those things which you couldn't( We don't know the ground realities which was there). This is what friend is for and no country in asia can beat the quality work done by Chinese on projects

Shouldn't we?

Bad governance yes it's there for decades don't you think?. We are not USA, We are not Germans nor any develop country neither we ever claimed shupa pawa or claimed being develop country like INDIA where other bust our bubble by saying this country is third world county. If we had given this project to any local company. It had become political issue, allow bidding tpolitical family company and construction would have taken don't know how many years. So let your friend help you to achieve those things which you couldn't( We don't know the ground realities which was there). This is what friend is for and no country in asia can beat the quality work done by Chinese on projects

This is exactly how it should be. We need to acknowledge our shortcomings. We can't even get out of our political bickering and hetecwe are arguing about how we should take responsibility in building our country.

If Pakistan is unable to tap its potential it needs to seek help from a trustworthy ally. There is no better ally than China in this regard. We need to outsource where we can.

Although, as far I know the Lowari tunnel is built by the South Koreans. It is a difficult project marred by delays and problems due to its complexity.

After multiple delays in development for about four decades, the Lowari Tunnel has finally been opened. It will cut the harsh Lowari Pass crossing from 3 hours to only 15 minutes. — at Lowari Tunnel.
View attachment 415328

View attachment 415329

Sorry but Lowari tunnel isn't part of CPEC but federal government. Nawaz released Rs21 billion for it to be completed in 4 years. As before 2013 only few billions rupees were spent on it because of corruption and lack of interest by Islamabad.

Back
Top Bottom