What's new

Thales unveils the new Bushmaster MR6 protected mobility vehicle

Zarvan

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Source: Thales Australia ‏

Got a news tip for our reporters? | Found a typo? Please let us know! | Subscribe to newsletter.

Thales Group has showcased a new Generation of its protected mobility vehicles during the International Armoured Vehicles 2018 (IAV) conference, held in London, January 22-25.

Thales has unveiled the Bushmaster MR6 protected mobility vehicle, which is currently competing in the United Kingdom Multi-Role Vehicle Protected (MRVP) programme.

The Bushmaster MR6 is a new version of bases protected mobility vehicle with increased protection level and improved blast and ballistic protection. The vehicle powered by a 330hp engine and has the maximum range of 800km.

The vehicle also has an increased troop capacity, with 12 people including driver and commander instead of 10.

More: Bushmaster Protected Mobility Vehicle was added to the arsenal of the Jamaica Defence Force

According to the Defence Connect, the main visible difference between the Bushmaster MR6 and the original Bushmaster is that the MR6 has no windows on the side of the troop compartment.

More: 2017 editors’ choice for best new armored personnel carriers

Minister for Defence Industry, the Hon Christopher Pyne MP said if Thales is successful in the MRVP selection competition, the Bushmaster MR6 will support job creation in both Australia and the UK, while reinforcing defence industry trade ties between our two countries.

“The Bushmaster is an Australian success story, delivering for the Australian Defence Force, the local defence industry and Australia’s domestic manufacturing capability,” Minister Pyne said.

http://defence-blog.com/army/thales-unveils-new-bushmaster-mr6-protected-mobility-vehicle.html

That's pretty ugly, I mean wack, ah I meant... nah I got it right the first two times.

Back
Top Bottom