What's new

Tesla plunges 76.2 metres off a California cliff, all four occupants survive

jhungary

MILITARY PROFESSIONAL
Reaction score
Country
China

Jesus, imagine the family of 3 (the guy drive the tesla off the cliff intentionally) think when they were making that fall.

And also a testament on how Tesla was build, I mean if this didn't sell the safety feature, I don't know what will.

The husband is arrested and charged with 3 counts of attempted murder, I hope he rot in jail.

Was he trying to kill himself and family?

A California man intentionally drove a Tesla off a 250-foot cliff in an attempt to kill his family, officials said Tuesday.

The driver and his wife and children survived and were rescued Monday at Devil's Slide in San Mateo County, the California Highway Patrol said.

family.png

Dharmesh Arvind Patel, 41, of Pasadena, was arrested and will be booked on attempted murder and child abuse charges once he is out of a hospital, the highway patrol said.

The rescue involved firefighters who rappelled down the cliff to rescue the two children, 4 and 7, and a helicopter crew who rescued the two adults from the vehicle, officials said.

Four people were rescued after a Tesla plunged over a cliff in California on Monday.
Four people were rescued after a Tesla plunged over a cliff in California on Monday.NBC Bay Area
The Tesla was 250 to 300 feet down, according to the highway patrol.

“Based on the evidence collected, investigators developed probable cause to believe this incident was an intentional act,” the agency said in a statement.

Brian Pottenger, the incident commander for the California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection, said witnesses called 911 after the crash around 10:50 a.m.

He said that it was “very, very rare” for people to survive such a steep fall and that the children's car seats may have saved their lives.

“We were actually very shocked when we found survivable victims in the vehicle. So that actually was a hopeful moment for us,” Pottenger said.

The car was traveling south on State Route 1 when it went over the cliff at Devil’s Slide, south of the Tom Lantos Tunnels, and landed near the water’s edge, the fire department said. It flipped and landed on its wheels.

The children had moderate injuries, Pottenger said.

Authorities plan to book Patel on three counts of attempted murder and two counts of child abuse, said Officer Andrew Barclay, a spokesman for the highway patrol’s Golden Gate Division.

It was not immediately clear Tuesday evening whether Patel had an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

In 2018 in Mendocino County, which is up the California coast, two women and their six adopted children died in a crash off a cliff that authorities determined was intentional.

A special coroner’s jury later concluded Jennifer and Sarah Hart killed themselves and their children in a murder-suicide.

Last edited:
Damn thats a great ad for tesla, children ony had moderate injuries after a sureshot death!
Btw desi doctor attempts suicide is a weird story, funnier still his life choice to get a tesla ended up him not being able to make a choice about ending his life. 😄

I literally had a premonition this was a desi and wow

Sounds fishy.
Well, considering there are witnesses on this, I don't think it sounded fishy.

I would say the wife must have told the cop he is doing this intentionally before the cop charge him.

Well, considering there are witnesses on this, I don't think it sounded fishy.

I would say the wife must have told the cop he is doing this intentionally before the cop charge him.

And so that makes her right? Weren’t you a cop?

And so that makes her right? Weren’t you a cop?
Well, not just she, there were 2 kids there, and most likely they are telling the cop the same thing and that's why they made that conclusion.

And yes, Eyewitness account is very important, as a cop, you don't challenge that account, that's a job for the lawyer when they are debating it in a court.

Well, not just she, there were 2 kids there, and most likely they are telling the cop the same thing and that's why they made that conclusion.

And yes, Eyewitness account is very important, as a cop, you don't challenge that account, that's a job for the lawyer when they are debating it in a court.

Innocent until proven guilty, that was my whole point. I didn’t mean to challenge you.

Innocent until proven guilty, that was my whole point. I didn’t mean to challenge you.
lol......I didn't say you challenge me.

I said as a cop, we don't generally challenge eyewitness account because that may be ending up leading the witness or coercing the witness, and it's a no-no for a cop. You can get discipline or fired for that.

The eyewitness say what he/she said, then we process what that witness said and arrest the people if we believe a crime is committed. It's not a matter of whether or not we buy the witness story, because if we challenge the witness account, he or she may retract the statement, and then if this indeed happened, the detective is going to be in big trouble.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom