What's new

Tesla is taking reservations for its Cybertruck in China

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/03/tesla-is-taking-reservations-for-its-cybertruck-in-china/

Cybertruck-4.png

Tesla has opened up reservations for its all-electric Cybertruck to customers in China, a move that will test the market’s appetite for a massive, futuristic truck.

The reservations page on Tesla’s China website was first posted in Reddit channel r/teslamotors by user u/aaronhry. Electrek also reported on the Reddit post.

The Cybertruck, which was unveiled in November at the Tesla Design Center in Hawthorne, Calif., isn’t expected to go into production until late 2022. But that hasn’t stopped thousands of U.S. consumers to plunk down a $100 refundable deposit for the truck. Just weeks after the official unveiling, Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted that there were 250,000 reservations for the vehicle.

Tesla is now testing potential interest among Chinese consumers.

It’s impossible to predict how many of these reservations — in China and the U.S. — will convert to actual sales. It will be more than a year before there are any answers. Tesla hasn’t even finalized its decision of where it will build the vehicle.

Musk tweeted in March that Tesla was scouting locations for a factory that would be used to produce Model Y crossovers for the East Coast market as well as the Cybertruck. At the time, Musk said that the factory would be located in the central part of the United States.

Initially, Tesla was eyeing Nashville and had been in talks with officials there. The company has since turned its attention to Austin and Tulsa. Talks in Austin have progressed rapidly and it appears likely that the factory will end up in a location just outside of the city. Although Tulsa officials have been quick to note that talks with Tesla have continued there as well.

Tesla has said it will offer three variants of the Cybertruck. The cheapest version, a single motor and rear-wheel drive model, will cost $39,900, have a towing capacity of 7,500 pounds and more than 250 miles of range. The middle version will be a dual-motor all-wheel drive, have a towing capacity of more than 10,000 pounds and be able to travel more than 300 miles on a single charge. The dual motor AWD model is priced at $49,900.

The third version will have three electric motors and all-wheel drive, a towing capacity of 14,000 pounds and battery range of more than 500 miles. This version, known as “tri motor,” is priced at $69,900.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/03/tesla-is-taking-reservations-for-its-cybertruck-in-china/

Cybertruck-4.png

Tesla has opened up reservations for its all-electric Cybertruck to customers in China, a move that will test the market’s appetite for a massive, futuristic truck.

The reservations page on Tesla’s China website was first posted in Reddit channel r/teslamotors by user u/aaronhry. Electrek also reported on the Reddit post.

The Cybertruck, which was unveiled in November at the Tesla Design Center in Hawthorne, Calif., isn’t expected to go into production until late 2022. But that hasn’t stopped thousands of U.S. consumers to plunk down a $100 refundable deposit for the truck. Just weeks after the official unveiling, Tesla CEO Elon Musk tweeted that there were 250,000 reservations for the vehicle.

Tesla is now testing potential interest among Chinese consumers.

It’s impossible to predict how many of these reservations — in China and the U.S. — will convert to actual sales. It will be more than a year before there are any answers. Tesla hasn’t even finalized its decision of where it will build the vehicle.

Musk tweeted in March that Tesla was scouting locations for a factory that would be used to produce Model Y crossovers for the East Coast market as well as the Cybertruck. At the time, Musk said that the factory would be located in the central part of the United States.

Initially, Tesla was eyeing Nashville and had been in talks with officials there. The company has since turned its attention to Austin and Tulsa. Talks in Austin have progressed rapidly and it appears likely that the factory will end up in a location just outside of the city. Although Tulsa officials have been quick to note that talks with Tesla have continued there as well.

Tesla has said it will offer three variants of the Cybertruck. The cheapest version, a single motor and rear-wheel drive model, will cost $39,900, have a towing capacity of 7,500 pounds and more than 250 miles of range. The middle version will be a dual-motor all-wheel drive, have a towing capacity of more than 10,000 pounds and be able to travel more than 300 miles on a single charge. The dual motor AWD model is priced at $49,900.

The third version will have three electric motors and all-wheel drive, a towing capacity of 14,000 pounds and battery range of more than 500 miles. This version, known as “tri motor,” is priced at $69,900.
Tesla is an unstoppable company. With Giga Shanghai and Giga Berlin, not to mention a new one outside Austin, they are well on the way to automobile domination. I would not be surprised if Elon Musk passes Jeff Bezos in net worth in the next couple years.

These will actually be "made in China" trucks with a label of "tesla" that will be sold within China. Chinese money will remain in China but Tesla can boost their ego in front of their American fan-base.

These will actually be "made in China" trucks with a label of "tesla" that will be sold within China. Chinese money will remain in China but Tesla can boost their ego in front of their American fan-base.

Um..Tesla owns the factory. They are definitely there to take back money.

https://www.teslarati.com/tesla-made-in-china-model-3-profit-margin-cash-cow/
Tesla’s China-made Model 3 will be a cash cow for the automaker as margins set to improve even more
A new report by equity research firm suggests that Tesla’s gross margin for Made-in-China (MIC) Model 3 could increase to 40 percent or even higher, and with higher profit margins, the electric car manufacturer can create the conditions that will further help stimulate sales in the country.

Last edited:
replying to most people here with facts is like asking a cow to listen to and appreciate Mozart. moo?

I think this factory will target China, Korea, Japan, and the Middle East...maybe Australia/NZ.

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 10.56.12 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 11.07.13 PM.jpg

Last edited:
yes, all of Asia too if they are able to afford it.

RE: https://defence.pk/pdf/posts/12502659/
I earlier replied to him without looking to see who it was then I realized it was one of them that declares jehad on me when I contradict them.

anyhoo back on the subject:
I thought China will get a share of profits + all costs incurred e.g labor/materials costs and power supply etc. then some will go to the retailers too. Tesla could bring home around 35 to 40% of the retail price.

Tesla uses lots of robots. This will be 21st Century car building in China.

Tesla is an unstoppable company. With Giga Shanghai and Giga Berlin, not to mention a new one outside Austin, they are well on the way to automobile domination. I would not be surprised if Elon Musk passes Jeff Bezos in net worth in the next couple years.

Lets just say, I am happy I didn’t listen to the PDF “experts.”:lol:

Musk is a once in a generation talent and maybe the greatest innovator of all time when he hangs it up.

Do yourselves a favor folks and invest in Tesla.

Lets just say, I am happy I didn’t listen to the PDF “experts.”:lol:

Musk is a once in a generation talent and maybe the greatest innovator of all time when he hangs it up.

Do yourselves a favor folks and invest in Tesla.
Already loaded up ... this past week has been very good for me :enjoy::tup:

US and China are so economically interlocked that the 'deccoupling' is practically impossible. How will US ever sanction China over Hong Kong affairs if their biggest companies become dependent on China for a major chunk of their income.

Almost looks like something out of a dystopian future

https://www.tesmanian.com/blogs/tesmanian-blog/tesla-model-y-production-rear-body-casting
Tesla To Install World's Largest Aluminum Die-Casting Machine For Model Y Rear Underbody

Tesla has ordered an aluminum die-casting machine for the Model Y's rear underbody structure, which would allow the component to be produced in one piece. The EV automaker and Elon Musk have been teasing the Model Y's single-piece casting for some time. Now more information about the machine that will accomplish the feat has been revealed.

Last edited:
A new report [...] suggests.
gross margin
Ah "facts". The inflationary used term for every opinion, speculation and lazy trolls google gish gallop bullshit tactic post that never actually contradicts or supports the point or even address the same subject the bullshit is thrown at, you wish to be true. A cow is a cow. No matter how many times you pat its back and whistle Mozart into its ears.

The cars could actually have a gross margin of 99.9% and still not a penny leave China under the line.

That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen in terms of automobile. It's like a 3rd grader got busy drawing with a straight ruler after being asked by the teacher to draw a truck.

With that said, I am surprised how quickly Tesla came around. Two years ago they were weeks away from running out of cash and potentially collapsing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom