What's new

Tens of thousands join ‘pro-Europe’ rally in Moldova’s capital

DejanSRB

Reaction score
Country
Serbia
Tens of thousands of people gathered in Moldova’s capital Chisinau on Sunday to show their support for closer ties with the European Union.

It comes a few weeks before a summit in Lithuania where Moldova hopes to sign a partnership agreement with the EU.

Moldovan President, Nicolae Timofti, told the crowds:“The European integration is a chance to rebuild our economy, improve the quality of life and ensure prosperity of all citizens, to build a society with a clear vision.”

The rally was organised by the Moldovan government which wants to send a clear message to Brussels.

However the country is under pressure from Russia which says closer ties with the EU would have “serious consequences” for Moldovan workers in Russia and the export of its goods.

http://www.euronews.com/2013/11/03/tens-of-thousands-join-pro-europe-rally-in-moldova-s-capital/

@flamer84 Can you please tell me Romanian opinion on Moldava question,and its EU integration.

Well,given the fact that my grandparents from my mothers side were refugees from Basarabia (current day Moldova) who fled the soviet advance in 1940 this is a very emotional topic for me.I,like the majority of romanians consider Moldova integral romanian land which must be reunited with the mother country in the end but i(we) realise that due to actual russian interference and current economic situation (Romania is a poor country in the EU-9000 GDP per capita but Moldova is dirt poor -2000 per capita) this is not possible for the immediate future.Romania actively backs ,in fact it is the biggest supporter of Moldova's EU accesssion.

Curently Romania gives romanian citizenship to all romanians in Moldova,some 400.000 moldavians taking romanian citizenship until now and the number is rising,awards some 5500 study scholarships for moldovans in Romania every year and gives financial aid to the moldovan goverment.

@flamer84 I share you pain my friend,my family share same destiny.My family is from Croatia,and I am Croatian Serb.
You know about Jasenovac,Jadovno,ustashas butchers?Probably.

@flamer84 I share you pain my friend,my family share same destiny.My family is from Croatia,and I am Croatian Serb.
You know about Jasenovac,Jadovno,ustashas butchers?Probably.

Yes,i know all about the crimes of the croatian fascists,this is why when sometimes i think that it would have been better for Germany to win WW2 because we were allies i realise that my nations happyness would come at the expense of so many other innocents,former allies(Little Entente-Czechoslovakia,Yugoslavia,Romania) and friendly nations(serbs,polish,czechs) so, in the end perhaps it's better it turned out this way despite the horror of loosing Moldova and the death of so many romanians in soviet camps.Maybe,in the long run,after so many hardships,God will reward all of our nations for the tribulations we've endured during the ages.

Back
Top Bottom