What's new

Taxing the untaxable.

Awan68

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
images-4.jpg

The influence of shrines in Pakistan runs deep, carried on the shoulders of history as the main catalyst for spread of Islam to the subcontinent. Although simple and true in its initiation as all things are, it has over time turned into a multi trillion business with 'Gadi Nasheens' and their families earning unlimited offerings on a daily basis that run in trillions on a yearly basis.

As the distinct characteristic of all things Pakistani, people use these shrines as an easy way to redemption as leading a life according to true Islamic principles proves difficult so buying thier way to salvation seems more feasible to the general population. The amount that flows into the millions of small, medium and large shrines on a national scale is unlimited and unchecked.

images-5.jpg

Controlling this cancer is impossible as it has spread to the very viens of the nation, trying to pry it out now would be like cutting of vital organs of the body itself hence a more practical option is to heavily tax it instead.

According to my own opinionated loose estimates, this undocumented mamoth industry could be valued over 10 billion dollars so taxing it on a percentage basis could bring in tax revenues over 2-3 billion dollars.

What do u think guys?, how much according to your estimates is this industry worth.

P.S. This is not meant to target any sect, i write this as a barelvi who believes that the true purpose of sufism is lost to economic interest.

no need to tax more importantly it should be institutionalized and made part of the government system

Agreed these places should taxed ......

Money collected put in Bank account , Govern Tax removed and then distributed to registered charities

I am personally no fan of any gimmickry and dancing around graves
We have clear instructions to not make spectacles out of graves

Agreed these places should taxed ......

Money collected put in Bank account , Govern Tax removed and then distributed to registered charities

I am personally no fan of any gimmickry and dancing around graves
We have clear instructions to not make spectacles out of graves
Exactly.

View attachment 520135

The influence of shrines in Pakistan runs deep, carried on the shoulders of history as the main catalyst for spread of Islam to the subcontinent. Although simple and true in its initiation as all things are, it has over time turned into a multi trillion business with 'Gadi Nasheens' and their families earning unlimited offerings on a daily basis that run in trillions on a yearly basis.

As the distinct characteristic of all things Pakistani, people use these shrines as an easy way to redemption as leading a life according to true Islamic principles proves difficult so buying thier way to salvation seems more feasible to the general population. The amount that flows into the millions of small, medium and large shrines on a national scale is unlimited and unchecked.

View attachment 520136

Controlling this cancer is impossible as it has spread to the very viens of the nation, trying to pry it out now would be like cutting of vital organs of the body itself hence a more practical option is to heavily tax it instead.

According to my own opinionated loose estimates, this undocumented mamoth industry could be valued over 10 billion dollars so taxing it on a percentage basis could bring in tax revenues over 2-3 billion dollars.

What do u think guys?, how much according to your estimates is this industry worth.

P.S. This is not meant to target any sect, i write this as a barelvi who believes that the true purpose of sufism is lost to economic interest.

I second it.

Its not taxed right now mate, these shrines need to be audited and then properly taxed, these peers are getting away with trillions in nazranas.
That's not true. There is a ministry that collects money from them and is also responsible for the maintenance which the ministry seldom does but it keeps the money.

That's not true. There is a ministry that collects money from them and is also responsible for the maintenance which the ministry seldom does but it keeps the money.
That ministry most probably takes bribes n doesnt collect the actual amount owed.

Its not taxed right now mate, these shrines need to be audited and then properly taxed, these peers are getting away with trillions in nazranas.

When I Will Say Somethng Against These Manipulators I Will Be Accused Of Sectarianism:tsk::tsk::tsk:

this is what I call putting a band aid without treating the underlying cause

this is what I call putting a band aid without treating the underlying cause
The underlying cause cant be treated, ever heard of incidents where they leave the bullet in cause its too damgerous to get it out.

The underlying cause cant be treated, ever heard of incidents where they leave the bullet in cause its too damgerous to get it out.

i have never heard of a patient surviving with a lot of lead in his/her body

Back
Top Bottom