ghazi52

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Tamil தமிழ் Community of Pakistan
Tamil Colony in Karachi,

Mari Mata Mandir in Pakistan

They are Pakistani citizens. I think 7 lac Bengali living with n Pakistan should be given Pakistani Citizenships.

What about Afghan refugees? They been at it for good 40 plus years as well

What about Afghan refugees? They been at it for good 40 plus years as well

All of them should be given the same opportunity and they will not became a burden on Pakistan. We have the enough natural resources to be among the top 10 economy of Asia, unfortunately we have been ruled by corrupt incompetent people with lack of vision and planning.

As far as refugees are concerned, We have close to 3.3 million Afghans refugees living in Pakistan out of these only 1.7 are registered, others are unregistered.

Between 2016 to 2018, 800,000 refugees were sent back to Afghanistan but more 400,000 return back to Pakistan due to lack of support from Afghan government. Many frustrated refugees have express that there is nothing for them in Afghanistan, no homes, no food and no jobs.

Many of these are 2nd generation Aghani living in Pakistan have never been to Afghanistan, sending them back to unfamiliar places that has no future will further destabilize Afghan government.

Idea that all Aghanis are criminals and support violence is ludicrous. We need a to build a system (database) that can separate them based on age, birth place, education, political and religious affiliations (if any). Once we do that, we will exactly know how many Aghanis were born in Pakistani (1st and 2nd generation).

According to my estimates, 800,000+ are 1st generation and 400,000+ are 2nd generation Afghani living in Pakistan, rest of them were born in Afghanistan.

Should we legalize 400,000+ 2nd generation Afghani children? We as a nation has a answer to that question. In my opinion both 1st and 2nd generation Afghani should be integrated into our society. As I have mentioned before, work/business permit should be issues to them and process of legalization should be initiated by issuing Permanent resident card (PRC) for 5 years before granting them citizenship. This whole process of checks and balance including economic factors have already been mentioned in my previous posts.

Special NIC with PNC number, Work Authorization number and domicile (location) should be issued to the Refugees.

KPK governments should not be over burden by these refugees. After the national consensus, these refugees should be settled in Punjab and part of Sindh and Balochistan.
40% of people migrated from India to Pakistani Punjab in 1947 were Urdu speaking and after 70 years you don’t find anyone claiming to be Mohajir in Punjab. Why these refugees can’t be absorb in Punjab and Sindh?
I know some people are concerned about Afghan monopoly in certain sector of our economy. We can also fix that when we separate legal and illegal and given them the domicile.

Same process should also be adopted for Bengalis. Their population have significantly increased in last 20 years.

There are 3 million Bengali living mainly in Sindh and their population will grow to 3.5 millions by year 2030. Some of them may have been refugees/migrant worker who came to Pakistan during late 80s and early 90s but majority of them are Pakistani who have decided to stay in Pakistan after 1971 instead of returning to Bangladesh and they call Pakistan their home. Bengali have been living in Pakistan for over 50+ years but majority of them are not properly documented, and main reason is Sindh government. They are poor because they can not work without NIC and mainly involved in fisheries industries. I have not heard about their involved in any major crimes other then fake peers or begging. They mostly live peacefully and do odd jobs. Bengali are naturally smart people, and if given an opportunity they can really excel. Alamgir and Rashid Latif are also Bengali (or Bengali background).

We have people from different tribes, speaking different languages, different religions backgrounds and cultures. Country is made great by it’s people. All of the people living in Pakistan regardless of the ethnicity, as long as they are loyal to Pakistan, should be given Pakistani citizenship and they should be added to Taxnet.

While governments is considering a legalization process for Afghani and Bengali, they must not forget stranded Pakistani still living in camps in Bangladesh. There are estimates of 300,000 to 500,000 Pakistani still living in impoverished conditions in Bangladesh. Bring the Stranded Pakistani back to Pakistan should be among the top priorities for new Pakistani Government. If government do decide to bring them back, they should be given the domicile of KPK and southern Punjab.

1) will there be a U turn regarding this?
2) NA and Senate should discuss all options regarding Afghan refugees.
3) IMHO, these refugees can be given a special resident (Green Card).
4) Resident card can be for 5 to 10 years, and during this grace period, person resident card can be concealed if he or she found guilty of criminal activity.
5) Just like American and other countries, refugees are settle and varies cities. Pakistan can also settle these refugees with Resident card in South Punjab and interior Sindh. I don't think it's a good idea to have large population of Afghan refugees in KPK.
6) Once this person goes through the grace period, a complete background check including Tax record be submitted with Citizen application. Once all this information is verified, they will have to take a oath of Pakistani Citizenship.
7) Citizenship oath is about acknowledging that they will not hold dual citizenship and will be patriotic Pakistan.
8) There should be a clause that if they found of any criminal activity, their citizenship can be revoked.

These refugees should be given the domicile from varies cities in Sindh and South Punjab.
View attachment 499325

View attachment 499327

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom