What's new

Taliban to 'temporarily' adopt monarchy constitution, with caveats

313ghazi

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Taliban said on Tuesday they will temporarily adopt a 1964 constitution that granted women the right to vote but eliminate any elements they disagree with.
The Taliban's acting justice minister issued a statement saying the interim government planned to introduce a constitution used during Afghanistan's short-lived golden age of democracy, but only briefly and with amendments.

“The Islamic Emirate will adopt the constitution of the former king Mohammad Zahir Shah's time for a temporary period,” Maulvi Abdul Hakim Sharaee said.

But anything in the text found to conflict with Sharia (Islamic law) and the principles of the Islamic Emirate would be discarded, he added.

Nearly six decades ago, before the world's superpowers intervened in the country, Afghanistan enjoyed a brief period of constitutional monarchy during the reign of king Mohammad Zahir Shah.

The king ratified the constitution a year after coming to power in 1963, ushering in nearly a decade of parliamentary democracy before he was overthrown in 1973.

The 1964 constitution, which gave women the right to vote for the first time and opened the doors for their increased participation in politics, would appear an awkward fit with the Taliban's views.

But the group, which swept to power in mid-August, has vowed a softer and more inclusive approach than during their brutal 1996 to 2001 rule, when women were largely excluded from public life, including work and education.

Despite the promises, when they presented their caretaker government earlier this month, all the top positions went to hardliners and no women were included.

After suffering through the Soviet occupation in the 1980s, followed by civil war and then harsh Taliban rule, Afghanistan once again adopted a constitution in the aftermath of the US-led 2001 invasion.

But it opted not to restore the old monarchy, approving instead a fresh text in 2004 that envisaged a presidency and enshrined equal rights for women.

But anything in the text found to conflict with Sharia (Islamic law) and the principles of the Islamic Emirate would be discarded, he added.

Well, that must sound familiar to Pakistanis, at least. :D

Taliban is gonna get barakaat of Allah(SWT) if they continue to implement Islam and implement it sincerely. They are right to implement segregation because we see what mixing leads to. Taliban needs some time to put proper controls in place and Afghani people should be patient with them. Taliban should share resources and put people above themselves. They should be creative to make all segments of society happy, able to thrive, have fun, work, all within Islamic ideals/means.

Islam is light from God. Love your God people. All he asking you to do is avoid evil, he wants good for you.

They are right to implement segregation because we see what mixing leads to.

Maybe you should go back to Hamas-ruled Gaza from non-segregated America because you have seen what non-segregation has led to. :)

Objective resolution must be guaranteed in any new Afghanistan constitution.

Maybe you should go back to Hamas-ruled Gaza from non-segregated America because you have seen what non-segregation has led to. :)

I am born in America and thus American. So there goes your 'go back to Gaza'. Segregation don't mean women and men can't be in same places at same times. It is to prevent hanging out and unlawful interactions between both genders. The majority of this is done through individual mental and spiritual effort, and as a result means you can do this anywhere in the world. And I myself do not have female friends or hang out with them, on purpose. And I don't need to go to Gaza to obey God's commands. All of the world is for God, and all the land is his. And his commands can be observed anywhere at any time.

Gaza is actually beautiful, and people wait for marriage and have long-lasting relationships. People get engaged and it is very special, and they go out on lawful dates and the romance is beautiful there. You do not have to be great looking or coolest person to get married to pretty girls there. Unlike, someone like you, a taqiyaa shia dressed in socaliast thobe, that can't get girl for himself, just browse junk online, and angry at Taliban for not allowing him to browse more pictures of semi-naked Afghani girls. Taliban and Hamas are not deterred by your theatrics and will never stop loving God and obeying him.

Gaza is actually beautiful

Beautiful ?

Another article :
The sudden death in Gaza of activist Suleiman al-Ajuri has shone a spotlight on the issue of people in the territory taking their own lives.

By the middle of this year, 30 people had killed themselves and a further 600 had attempted to, according to local human rights group, Palestinian Center for Conflict Resolution.

An Israeli and Egyptian blockade of Gaza, tough living conditions and a lack of freedom of expression under the rule of Palestinian militants are believed to be factors.

Unlike, someone like you, a taqiyaa shia dressed in socaliast thobe

I am not being hateful to the Shia here but where did you get that I am Shia ?

that can't get girl for himself

Oh don't worry about that. I often have women flirting with me in overt and subtle ways. :)

Taliban and Hamas are not deterred by your theatrics and will never stop loving God and obeying him.

You and your fascination with them. :disagree: Please read above what your "pious" Hamas is doing to the Gazans.

I wonder why not the PLO, PFLP etc for you. 🤔

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom