What's new

Taliban leader killed by SAS was Pakistan officer: According to Afghani sources

Status
Not open for further replies.
These guys crack me up, I wonder if the British will deny this as out right BS or will it serve their interest to go along with it and pretend if there is some level of truth to it?

P.S. Given the level of influence and dread these guys are attributing to Pakistan in the UN, it would seem Pakistan is a superpower running the show as opposed to a third world country.

Thats the most nice thing to do, Keep all your Records when you are on COVERT operations . What bullshit is this?

May be he should have been carrying all his Bio Data that Would have been Convenient

Another False claim By Indian & Raw Backed Hamid Karzai. Why don't they tell the truth they killed a Pakistani Officer by mistake and thought that he was a Taliban commander, why they are twisting the story

"Lieutenant-Colonel Chris Nash, who commanded an embedded training team in eastern Afghanistan from June 2007 to March this year, told the Army Times that Pakistani forces flew repeated helicopter missions into Afghanistan to resupply a Taliban base camp during a fierce battle in June last year. Nash said: “We were on the receiving end of Pakistani military D-30 [a howitzer]. On numerous occasions Afghan border police checkpoints and observation posts were attacked by Pakistani military forces.”

The above underlined/bold text is either an indication that NATO/ISAF/USAF are absolutely pathetic that they can't protect the Afghan airspace despite having a massive air presence in Afghanistan with EW platforms and combat assets or as usual this is another BS, made for idiots to believe PR gimmick to put additional pressure on Pakistan or the Pakistan support (if true) had someone's blessing inside of Afghanistan (US, UK, ISAF) barring the mayor of Kabul.

If Pakistan can detect a US drone, this sorry excuse for a journalist wants people to believe that Pakistan Army Aviation conducted repeated helicopter sorties to help out Taliban inside Afghanistan and they were allowed to?????? What is journalism coming to? :cry:

US has the ability to get its assets within a specific grid inside of Afghanistan within a matter of minutes and here we are to believe that Pakistan carried out this impossibility without any problems?

Between the NYT articles and stuff like this, my opinion is that this is a concerted effort to discredit the PA, in order to bring about pressure on it in terms of what the US requires.

It may also be an effort to discredit the PA so that the chances of a military coup occurring again, especially when we have a US lackey in the presidency, is minimized.

This article seems to insult my common sense. How come this rubbish found a way in Times Online. I think there are some thick heads there too.

This article seems to insult my common sense. How come this rubbish found a way in Times Online. I think there are some thick heads there too.

Rubbish on the NY Times before the Iraq invasion, rubbish on the NY Times related to the Indian Embassy bombing, Ribbish on the NY Time related to Gen. Kiyani of all people, whom the US military continues to officially praise, and now rubbish on the Times Online.

I don't see why you would not expect the Americans to not play dirty and be two faced about Pakistan when they have done it countless times in Latin America and elsewhere.

Between the NYT articles and stuff like this, my opinion is that this is a concerted effort to discredit the PA, in order to bring about pressure on it in terms of what the US requires.

It may also be an effort to discredit the PA so that the chances of a military coup occurring again, especially when we have a US lackey in the presidency, is minimized.

dear Agno
The problem is , and as u mentioned every one has an opinion .. every one is in denial of facts .

Okay, I havent seen this report any where on the main-stream news. Even 'Geo' seems to think it is not credible enough to report, and thats saying something...

Spies, Helicopters, and Artillery-

1.) Spies- If on a meet in Afghanistan, I'd have my military I.D. or ISI card to establish bonafides. It might keep me alive. Upon returning to Pakistan, I'd love that card if intercepted by P.A. or F.C. forces.

As to this gem by Metalfalcon-]

"Why don't they tell the truth they killed a Pakistani Officer by mistake and thought that he was a Taliban commander, why they are twisting the story..."

O.K. You got us. He's a P.A. officer inside Afghanistan. Feel better? I'm sure it won't make a difference to him now.

2.) Helicopters- Control Afghan airspace? How well, despite your adamant desire to retain sovereign control of Pakistan's airspace, did you do to stop us lifting in a SEAL team? Any interception by PAF F-16s? It's not easy to sort choppers from ground clutter by radar. Where was the contact to which these P.A. helicopters were flying. If along the eastern border, there's a fine chance that it happened with 10km of the border and quite likely even closer. If so, the time it would take once crossing the border to fly to, hover above a hasty L.Z. and toss out small arms ammo, and return would be nil. My guess is fifteen minutes exposure max. I doubt that the ANA have any AAA weapons (much less batteries) of note and I KNOW that we don't have a thing along your border to shoot down helicopters besides small arms and .50cal unless you ran into a Cobra or Apache by sheer poor luck.

That plays to intercept. NATO forces don't have the aircraft at Bagram and Kandahar to fly CAS, recon, and CAP over Afghanistan and likely never guessed that they'd need to do so- at least anytime soon. Perhaps that might change if this is true but they'll need more resources to do so than currently available. Remember, there's CAP and then there's 24 hour CAP. As to our resources to do so-

"If Pakistan can detect a US drone, this sorry excuse for a journalist wants people to believe that Pakistan Army Aviation conducted repeated helicopter sorties to help out Taliban inside Afghanistan and they were allowed to?????? What is journalism coming to?

US has the ability to get its assets within a specific grid inside of Afghanistan within a matter of minutes and here we are to believe that Pakistan carried out this impossibility without any problems? "

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Blain2, but our own southwestern borders continue to be routinely violated by aircraft running drugs from S. America and Mexico despite 9/11. In that terrain, btw, I'd not be surprised if a good chopper pilot couldn't plot and fly a course from Bagram to Islamabad without detection. NOE (Nap-of-the-Earth) is amazing in those valleys. You're below the horizon and sound is buffered by the valley walls. I don't know if the P.A. flew these missions but it'd be quite easy actually.

3.) Artillery- This would be easy. D-30 122mm How with a max range of 15.6km IIRC. Again, were the contact to take place inside Afghanistan by 5-10kms, then it would be entirely plausible that P.A. artillery could range the battle area depending upon their location within Pakistan.

Only two types of 122mm munitions- howitzer (P.A./F.C.) or rocket (almost certainly taliban). Casings are cast differently and shapnel would reveal type. Any sophomoric crater analysis would reveal direction. Type plus direction leads to range. Draw a max range fan from the impact points and compare it to known P.A. artillery locations along the border and you'd know very quickly the liklihood.

Finally, nobody KNOWS anything here. Nada. Out-of-hand dismissals might reassure your psyches but don't diminish the possibilities. Say what you will about the New York and London Times but, while not perfect, still are the global standards for the print media. Christine Lamb, btw, is actually quite superb. Her stories from Helmand in the spring of 2006 told everything that the Dutch, Canadians, and British publics needed to know before their parliaments voted to enter the fray in the south. Nobody listened. John Reid famously stated that the British Army would pacify the region with nary a shot fired.

Uh huh.

Just a few contrarian thoughts spurred by narrow self-interest.:usflag:

:welcome:The above comments passed by different persons can b there personal view,but this is a secret fect that ISI,CIA and TALIBAN waorked together in mid 80s for Afghan Jehad.so i think and 100% assure that the above report regarding" Taliban leader killed by SAS was Pakistan officer" is true and accurate.

That plays to intercept. NATO forces don't have the aircraft at Bagram and Kandahar to fly CAS, recon, and CAP over Afghanistan and likely never guessed that they'd need to do so- at least anytime soon. Perhaps that might change if this is true but they'll need more resources to do so than currently available. Remember, there's CAP and then there's 24 hour CAP.

S-2, there are enough air-assets available along with EW platforms to provide 24-hr surveillence of afghan airspace. USAF/RAF/Armee del Air/NATO top-of-the line strike-fighters are readily available at Baghram AB to provide air-cover to any ground ops taking place along the pak-afghan border.

:welcome:The above comments passed by different persons can b there personal view,but this is a secret fect that ISI,CIA and TALIBAN waorked together in mid 80s for Afghan Jehad.so i think and 100% assure that the above report regarding" Taliban leader killed by SAS was Pakistan officer" is true and accurate.

What the hell? That makes no sense, Pakistan supported the Taliban but that was decades ago just like the fact that the US supported people like Haykmatyar and Haqqani who are obviously their bitter enemies now.

Hey American soldier S-2 dude, I seriously doubt if you guys go tell your bosses that the Pakistanis are firing at you in support of the Taliban and conducting cross-border sorties against you for the Taliban in the middle of a 'fierce' battle, and you have proof to that effect, that your commanders be like "Yo just forget about it". I think more highly of NATO than that, they care for their men and certainly about the mission, certainly enough to know that if someone is working against them, that someone should be called out at the very least.

Even if part of this report were true then things would have gone from bad to worse very quickly. Besides who on Earth do you think would be running these helicopter sorties and directing this indirect fire? The FC? I dont think so, certainly not the regular Army.

No offence but, if Pakistan WAS supporting the Afghan rebels...then things would have been much much worse for you guys. Thats a fact.

Why not ask that the ID be presented to international media and be evalauated by credible authorities?

Why? Because if this individual is a serving Pak Fauj, he has relatives, and it's Pakistan, so he has lots and lots of them, right? nd if he is then pakistani authorities will have some answering to do, right?

On the other hand, If the ID is produced and examined and authorities produce the officer in question as a living breathing person with a history and relatives, the international media can then reach conclusions which may satisfy everybody concerned, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom