What's new

Taliban has `huge' presence in Pakistan: Zardari

so you want to get rid of the democratically instilled government and have a dictator?

yes we want a dictator why are you pretending to be a Pakistani ? and btw we dont suffer from "white mens complex" we will rather have our own LAW like KSA and China.

MAY ALLAH protect those who are fighting against US and Israel and the victory of Mujahideen those who bring LAW n ORDER.

WHAT A PATHETIC **** LITTLE WEAKLING.
WHAT A MORONIC LEADER WE HAVE.
INSTEAD OF CRYING TO AMERICAN NEWS AGENCIES, GET THE F*CKING JOB DONE, GET OFF YOUR CORRUPT *** AND DO SOMETHING.
IF YOU CANNOT, THEN STEP DOWN AND MAKE ROOM FOR SOMEONE WITH A PURE HEART AND SOMEONE WHO IS NOT AFRAID.
YOU F-ing MORON.

Sorry for the rant..........feel free to delete it or snap it out if you like.
I cannot believe he is saying this, we can win this war so easily if the right and correct steps are taken by the right people.
What a weakling, he's no good, Pakistan needs strength and faith, the Pakistani people need to believe in a bright future.
With this piece of ___, we will be sitting ducks untill the next election, and in the meantime, I hope the people who voted for him will be sorry and will be suffering because they had so much sympathy for his wife's death, they chose him without thinking of the consequense for our entire nation.

Why delete it? I think it's fairly accurate and honest ;)

As for showing the presence of Taliban through a map, a similar map shows the presence of the Taliban in Pakistan. Considering the size of Pakistan, it surely looks significat

Umm, that's only one province you see there, genius.

i'd say that redness represents around 5 or 10 million people, or around 4 or 5% of the population at most.

Even then, I'd disagree those areas in red are accurate. Some of those places are safe enough to drive around without any "Taliban" approaching you.

As for showing the presence of Taliban through a map, a similar map shows the presence of the Taliban in Pakistan. Considering the size of Pakistan, it surely looks significat

The size is significant and increasing. There are reports that they have huge presence in the major cities too.

To underestimate them now would be foolish. Zardari seems to correct in saying that they are taking advantages of the weakness and the denial persisting in Pakistan. He sure knows more than most here!

^You'll trust anyone that says what you want to believe, even if he's a proven crook.

Anyhow that map is only for a very small province. Like I said it just shows what a small presence the Taliban has in Pak if that's it (it is significant though).

The size is significant and increasing. There are reports that they have huge presence in the major cities too.

To underestimate them now would be foolish. Zardari seems to correct in saying that they are taking advantages of the weakness and the denial persisting in Pakistan. He sure knows more than most here!

Taliban has entered the Punjab with suicide attack on Dera Gazi Khan and assault on Mianwali.

^^ He is your president, a democratically elected one!

He sure has access to a lot more confidential information than you.

Jus because someone can "work" in SWAT doesn't mean the Taliban doesn't control it!

SWAT was supposed to be a settled area. The condition in the agencies is supposedly worse!

It's not "that's it". The map shows just one province. The Taliban is also strong in NWFP and in other areas of Pakistan though they may not show as red on the flag.

Umm, that's only one province you see there, genius.

i'd say that redness represents around 5 or 10 million people, or around 4 or 5% of the population at most.

Even then, I'd disagree those areas in red are accurate. Some of those places are safe enough to drive around without any "Taliban" approaching you.

Words of a Mohtarma Rafia Zakaria, a Pakistani

Last edited:
These kind of statements by the head of a country doesn't help one bit rather will make sure that all foreign inverters will run away along with the investment while we be again on our knees begging for loan and aid. This is pathetic on part of the president. We know what the problem is, why to highlight it and give others the chance to start running their loud mouths which otherwise don't spare a single opportunity to bash Pakistan whenever they get a chance be it the Taliban or the nuclear issue.

Our leaders are very known of making such foolish i may call it statements, i don't understand to please whom. Taliban have more area under their direct control in Afghanistan, yet we don't see a cry out loud from anywhere and here our leaders are hell bent to prove it otherwise. When will sanity ever prevail in the ruling class of Pakistan.

^^ He is your president, a democratically elected one!

He sure has access to a lot more confidential information than you.

Jus because someone can "work" in SWAT doesn't mean the Taliban doesn't control it!

SWAT was supposed to be a settled area. The condition in the agencies is supposedly worse!

It's not "that's it". The map shows just one province. The Taliban is also strong in NWFP and in other areas of Pakistan though they may not show as red on the flag.

You've not got a clue. That one province IS the NWFP. DUH.

The Taliban has footholds in Sindh, and Punjab now? :rofl:

When we say Taliban, it doesn't mean the Afghani Taliban btw. It's just a mixed group of people, many of them local bandits.

It's not hugely different to what it used to be. Banditry wasn't particularly uncommon before in those areas.

You've not got a clue. That one province IS the NWFP. DUH.

The Taliban has footholds in Sindh, and Punjab now? :rofl:

Whatever!

The 7 agencies are supposed to be much more under Taliban control.

And yes, Taliban have a strong foothold in Punjab now. There were report about Karachi too in the Pak media.

Back
Top Bottom