What's new

Taiwan's Foxconn to manufacture Xiaomi phones in Andhra Pradesh,India

micromax just buys chinese stuff, assembles it and sells it with Indian name.. technically its not an Indian mobile..

That's how it starts. I bet you that isn't the case in a few years, no need to feel sorry. Who we DO need to feel sorry for though, is that sad, laughable and pathetic attempts at smartphones by Russia.

Putin gives Russian smartphone to his Chinese counterpart - CNET

Sad as in, they always try and fail. I actually want them to succeed in something.

I'm sure India is doing and will do fine in the future. Tough nuts are okay, as long as it isn't protectionism. The goal should be to import and export as much as possible, with a positive balance. Many Chinese phones sold in India and many Indian phones sold in China. Indians are famous for their IT-skills, so I'm sure there'll be an Indian (and later worldwide) version of Android and Google. Keep fighting the good fight!

I am starting to hate Android. It's good at what it does, the idea was brilliant. Google saw the potential in it when it went for the buy-out. But, of late, it has transformed the smart phone into a remote data collection device for Google. With that thing in your pocket Google knows your likings and dis likings, habits, locations, many other things and they send you ads accordingly, which appeals to your subconscious mind. I'm eagerly waiting for a decent Firefox OS phone or the Ubuntu OS. Never really been an Apple fan, although I use an Apple tablet.

The Chinese have exclusive management rights for 40 years on Gwadar port, once it is completed. It will allow China to have a direct access to gulf countries.
you mean 15+40 = 65 years before Pakistan will get it hands on Gawadar....95% current pakistani people wont be there to see it happening ...wow

Chinese and Taiwanese finding cheap labor countries to manufacture their stuff.

That will keep the prices down.

PS. I'll never buy anything, where Made in India is written. Not as long India keeps sponsoring cross-border terrorism in the neighborhood.

By that time it is up to you to buy let's say $ 150 indian phone and $ 250 chinese phone of same model and brand.India may also export to other markets and i don't know how far indian market see pakistan as an opportunity as profit might be less.

No Kid you are mistaken. Your answer should be they Manufactured in China but it has changed they started manufactyring smartphones one to two years back in India. And just now they are opening two more manufacturing facilities in Hyderabad and Rajasthan. Apart from Micromax other indian electronics companies such as I-ball, Intex, Lava, Xolo, Karbonn are well ahead than Xiaomi in Indian market share. Xiaomi is in the bottom.

Am I missing the context here ?
Also, Xiaomi makes better phones. Micromax still serves as the second or third choice or the cheaper solution if you don't want to spend much money. They don't have top off the line 'flagship' models which can compete with top-end models of other companies.

you mean 15+40 = 65 years before Pakistan will get it hands on Gawadar....95% current pakistani people wont be there to see it happening ...wow
haha.. let's just say, it is going to be a very long waiting period for the plant to bear fruit. Also, a lot can change in the geopolitical scenario by then.

Things are surely changing in India.. Of late there is news of almost all major mobile manufacturers starting there manufacturing plant in India..

Links of local companies establishing there plants in India:

Micromax Company Has Been to Invest up to Rupees 500 Crores on Hyderabad Power Plant

500 crores is roughly equal to 76million US dollars

Phone maker Celkon to open manufacturing unit in Hyderabad - Livemint

They need to invest huge amounts in R&D if they want to stay relevant in this ever changing market.. It takes at least a decade for an electronic eco-system to be created in India that is on par with china/taiwan.

looks like putin turned in to a brand ambassador to promote his country's mobile.. :P I have seen hoardings of yotophone in my city. not sure if its released in to Indian marke, but I like the idea of dual display, sounds interesting to me..

Cool, seems to be taking off then! Didn't expect that, wish them all the best. I forsee India and China being smartphone giants though. HTC and LG can't compete. Apple and Samsung are the only ones who can.

LG is investing a lot in its r&d facility at bangalore... recently they hired a large number of engg graduates in India..some of my friends are working for that company .. not sure what they are cooking though..

Well gotta try to stay in the game. Apple and Samsung are eating their lunch, Sony probably won't stay in the game too long, same for HTC, and now Huawei is upcoming worldwide and Xiaomi is eating their lunch in China, and looking to expand abroad. So I figure LG wants to try a last hail mary.

Well gotta try to stay in the game. Apple and Samsung are eating their lunch, Sony probably won't stay in the game too long, same for HTC, and now Huawei is upcoming worldwide and Xiaomi is eating their lunch in China, and looking to expand abroad. So I figure LG wants to try a last hail mary.

Meanwhile the only lunch I'm eating:

1311325823392963727.gif

After Gionee, One Plus to start assembling smartphones in Andhra

In a major boost for Prime Minister Modi's 'Make in India' campaign, Chinese smartphone startup One Plus has announced its plans to start assembling smartphones in Andhra pradesh by the end of 2015. "Indian economy is moving very fast but we are confident it will grow in double digit in near future. The Prime Minister has launched a program 'Make in India', we have to follow it," said Andhra pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu.

gionee_naidusot.jpg

Gionee F103 Now 'Made in India'; Firm to Invest Rs. 300 Crores in Local Manufacturing

Chinese handset maker Gionee Monday unveiled its first made in India 4G smartphone 'F103', manufactured by electronic manufacturer Foxconn, Visakhapatnam and announced to invest Rs. 300 crore as part of its plans to manufacture 60 lakh units per annum.

Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu, who was also present on the occasion, has assured the company of rendering all kinds of support from the state government.

"We are confident India economy would grow 9-10 percent everywhere. There is a huge demand for electronics hardware in India. There is a huge demand in India by 2020 electronic and hardware will be $400 billion. In this, cellphone demand will be alone be up to 38 percent i.e $38 billion (roughly Rs. 2,46,832 crores)," Naidu said.

The Chinese device maker has said its all 4G smartphones, to be sold in India from March 2016, will be manufactured in Visakhapatnam.

The company has sold around 70 lakh handsets in India over a period of last two-and-a-half years.

"The next big thing for us is 4G. We will focus on making 4G phones in India that will support all operators. Once we exhaust our full production capacity, I can confidently say our vendors will rush to invest in India. We are looking to double our sales in 2015-16," Gionee India MD & CEO Arvind Vohra said.

He said the smartphones are being customised to suit the need of Indian consumers. Gionee is already selling imported 'F103' for Rs. 9,999 a unit but now it will be replenished with made in India handsets.

Vohra said that investments will not be an issue and with support of the government, the company will be able to boost its production in the country.

Naidu said that the state government will look at fostering culture of China and Taiwan in the state to create investor friendly environment.

"All your, China-Taiwan, culture, restaurant, shopping, we will develop all here. In coming days, China and India will be world's top economies. Even the US economy will be after them because of their sheer growth and population," he said.

The Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister said the state government is setting up several new airports to boost logistics for export and one of the airports is scheduled to be inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi this month.

"This area is located at sea cost. This place is not only good for manufacturing to meet demand for India but you can also export from here," Naidu said.

Vohra said that Gionee's India manufacturing strategy it to first meet 4G device market demand in the country and then it will look at exporting to south Asian and African countries from India.

Back
Top Bottom