What's new

Taiwan Starts Drill After Rebuffing Aquino Over Death at Sea

Nope am talking about those Japanese Coast Guards and the two warship from korea i think it was a waste of money buying those two junk ships i would agree on that one if i was the government i would just use the money to buy those Italian warships instead please read something else troll

Why buy the Italian ships. They are floating junks. As for the Korean frigate, it is stealthy and uses advance weapons. Although, it could only stand a small chance against China's stealthy frigates.

Well yes you forgot strategy troll and why not those ships are pretty nice for the philippines have you check the Philippine Navy it would have been a golden opportunity for the Philippines to have at less a Multipurpose modern warship. Before you troll do some thinking first some filipino wanna be

Wow racism nice running out of things to say?

Really and picking on weak countries is manly? take a bath as for internet warriors thanks kindly its nice that racist bug like you who don't even know what soap is knows to type to a computer words he does not even know! that's why your country copies and sells junk and a home bed for viruses and germs take a bath everyday please

Really? No country export that much of maid as Philippine. As for copies , your stinky Philippine have your fair share of nonsense. May I know do you have a sister or Mother working as maid in other countries now? Maid boy. Philippine shall change its name to Maidippine. :lol:

The problem is Philippine has no teeth and dare to act tough without exercising its brain. :lol:

Really? No country export that much of maid as Philippine. As for copies , your stinky Philippine have your fair share of nonsense. May I know do you have a sister or Mother working as maid in other countries now? Maid boy. Philippine shall change its name to Maidippine. :lol:

The problem is Philippine has no teeth and dare to act tough without exercising its brain. :lol:

See that's why majority of your neighbors curse you your arrogant racism beside everything i said was the true so insulting me as no effect you can't even spell my country's name right let alone insult effectively if that is the best you can do then you are nothing! since your jerks love using racist terms allow me to teach you who its done.

Your nothing but trash you make trash and smell like trash your the world producer of drugs. cheap hos and poorly copied imitations of produces so basically your the capital of trash. That's how your insult some stinker!

original.jpg

Nope am talking about those Japanese Coast Guards and the two warship from korea i think it was a waste of money buying those two junk ships i would agree on that one if i was the government i would just use the money to buy those Italian warships instead please read something else troll

Your claim that the Philippines wil be getting Japanese boats are UNSUBSTANTIATED.

Japan offered your government loans to buy Japanese built coast guard ships, YET, your government has not officially responded nor signed a purchase agreement.

The Korean frigates were also presented to your government and your government HAS NOT SIGNED a purchase agreement or any form of written agreement for the sale of those 2 Korean ships you bragged.

I challenge you to PROVE ME WRONG with documentation or links to verify otherwise do not misrepresent the status of your Navy.

Your claim that the Philippines wil be getting Japanese boats are UNSUBSTANTIATED.

Japan offered your government loans to buy Japanese built coast guard ships, YET, your government has not officially responded nor signed a purchase agreement.

The Korean frigates were also presented to your government and your government HAS NOT SIGNED a purchase agreement or any form of written agreement for the sale of those 2 Korean ships you bragged.

I challenge you to PROVE ME WRONG with documentation or links to verify otherwise do not misrepresent the status of your Navy.

Ok dude here you go

Philippines expects to get 10 Japanese patrol boats
By Fatima Reyes
Agence France-Presse, INQURER.net
7:07 pm | Tuesday, February 12th, 2013

Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario. AP FILE PHOTO

MANILA, Philippines—The Philippines said Tuesday it expects to get 10 new Japanese patrol boats within 18 months, as it tries to strengthen its sea defense capabilities amid a deepening territorial row with China.

Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario said the boats were 40-meter (132-foot) vessels to be used by the Philippine coast guard.

“With the approval of Japanese parliament, the boats could be ready by next year,” Del Rosario said in a text message.

“All 10 are financed by official development assistance from Japan and are soft loans,” he said without specifying the cost of each boat.

DFA spokesman and Assistant Secretary Raul Hernandez has said that Manila asked Tokyo in December for the loan program for 10 patrol boats.

“This is actually to upgrade the equipment of our Philippine Coast Guard for it to be able to do its mandate to monitor our seas, and make sure that there will be no intrusions in our maritime zones,” Hernandez said.

The Nikkei, a Japanese business daily, reported on Monday that Japan planned to donate patrol boats costing $11 million each to the Philippines, a move it linked to regional efforts to monitor China’s maritime activity.

Japan and the Philippines are embroiled in separate territorial disputes with China.

The Philippines’ dispute with China involves overlapping claims to parts of the South China Sea, which is believed to sit above vast amounts of oil and gas.

China claims most of the South China Sea, including waters approaching the coast of the Philippines and other Southeast Asian countries.

Tensions between China and the Philippines escalated dramatically in April last year when vessels from both countries became locked in a standoff at Scarborough Shoal, a rich fishing ground.

The shoal is about 230 kilometers (140 miles) west of the Philippines’ main island of Luzon. The Philippines says that China has maintained vessels at the shoal to bolster its claim, reneging on an agreement to pull them out.

The Philippines has conceded its poorly equipped navy and coast guard are of little deterrence to China.

Their fleets are made up mostly of ageing, second-hand vessels, many of which date back to World War II.

Read more: Philippines expects to get 10 Japanese patrol boats | Inquirer Global Nation
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

will you shut up now man your so lazy i think some should stop eating junk food while playing

As for the Navy we just drop the Italian ships for Korean ships but we are still in the process of accepting other designs plus as you may know ships take a long time to make its called bidding like G2G if you ask me but there you go

WRONG KID. Read the article you posted. Your government expressed interest but as of today NO FORMAL AGREEMENTS SIGNED. In the real world contracts are what matters not expressions of desire. As an example, your government announced to the world that they were buying a couple of Italian frigates, they even sent your naval officers, but nothing came out of it because it was just "desires". NO AGREEMENT OR CONTRACT WAS SIGNED.

Same thing with the Japanese and Korean ships. NO CONTRACT = No ships.

Next time you try to back up your claim do yourself a favor and read your own citation.:hitwall:

WRONG KID. Read the article you posted. Your government expressed interest but as of today NO FORMAL AGREEMENTS SIGNED. In the real world contracts are what matters not expressions of desire. As an example, your government announced to the world that they were buying a couple of Italian frigates, they even sent your naval officers, but nothing came out of it because it was just "desires". NO AGREEMENT OR CONTRACT WAS SIGNED.

Same thing with the Japanese and Korean ships. NO CONTRACT = No ships.

Next time you try to back up your claim do yourself a favor and read your own citation.:hitwall:

Japan grants PH soft loan for 10 patrol boats

The Philippines will acquire ten new patrol boats from Japan between February and August in 2014.

Foreign Affairs Department Secretary Albert del Rosario said the new 40-meter, multi-role response vessels were part of a soft loan grant which Manila requested from Tokyo in December last year.

The boats would cost around $10 million dollar as reported earlier by a Japanese newspaper.

In my recollection, I think [the turnover of boats would be] between 12 to 18 months, Del Rosario said.

He said that Tokyo has approved the request for the new patrol boats through its official development assistance (ODA) and will be payable via a long term period.

He added that some parts of the vessels would be manufactured in the Philippines while the rest would be manufactured in Japan.

In a separate interview, DFA spokesman Raul Hernandez confirmed that the boats were part of Japanese loan program to the Philippines, and not as a donation.

We are not aware of any talks about a donation because the request from the Philippine side is a loan program request. So this is really part of the official development assistance that the Japanese government is extending to the Philippines through a loan program, he said.

Hernandez made the clarification after a Japanese daily reported that Tokyo was set to donate patrol boats amounting to ¥1-billion ($11-million ) or P431,982,000 each, to help boost the Philippines maritime surveillance capability.

The report said that the money to finance the patrol boats will be taken from Japan's fiscal 2013 budget and that Tokyo may officially sign the deal with the Philippines by early 2014.

The same report added that Tokyo has allocated ¥2.5-billion from its 2013 budget to spend for training exercises of Filipino and Vietnamese personnel as part of its thrust to boost security cooperation with Southeast Asia countries.

Hernandez said he wasn't sure if the figures were accurate, but confirmed that there is an existing cooperation between Tokyo and Manila with regards to military training.

Hernandez said the patrol boats would be used for disaster relief activities, monitoring Philippine sea territories and to save and rescue lives in the waters

Last January, during the official visit of Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida in the Philippines, Del Rosario confirmed that they have discussed Manila's request of a loan for 10 brand new coastal boats.

Japan is an important strategic partner. And were very happy to be able to have this opportunity to broaden. deepen and enhance our relationship,” Del Rosario said during his dialogue with Kishida.

The Japanese government has been helping the Philippine government modernize its Coast Guard since 1990.

It was the Japanese who gave the country BRP Corregidor, a search-and-rescue vessel 15 years ago.

The BRP Corregidor was one of two Philippine vessels which confronted the Chinese vessels during the standoff at the Panatag Shoal (Scarborough Shoal), a Philippine territory in the West Philippine Sea in April.

Last year, Japan also made an assurance that it will continue to help the Philippines Coast Guard improve its capability to enforce maritime safety within its territories in the light of its continuing sea dispute with China.

Although Manila case against Beijing is now with the Arbitral Tribunal, China continues to aggressively assert its nine-dash-line claim in the disputed areas by erecting permanent infrastructures and conducting oil exploration activities.

Japan has its own territorial dispute against China over their conflicting claims in Diaoyu Island, which the Japanese call as Senkaku, in the East China Sea.

In September, Beijing said it submitted its case over the East China Sea island to the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea or Unclos, a after Tokyo announced that it had already purchased Senkaku from a private owner.

See man see for yourself see what happens if your so full of hate?

Oh man. READ YOUR OWN CITATION. There was no agreement signed. The Japanese offered loans and but your government has NOT SIGNED ANYTHING. NO CONTRACT = No ships

I think they did because they are expected it next year the fist two ships find the source yourself your just too lazy to find it yourself am not your secretary!You think you con me to find sources for you well to bad so sad am not helping you their body find it yourselves

Japanese patrol boats

Asked about reports on Japan’s plans to donate patrol boats to the Philippines, Hernandez said that what he knew was that the country had officially submitted a request for 10 patrol boats from the Japanese government.

‘‘Hopefully, we will be able to have their answer as soon as possible,’’ adding that the request was made to ‘‘upgrade the equipment of our Philippine Coast Guard for it to be able to do its mandate to monitor our seas and to make sure that there will be no intrusions in our maritime zones.’’

Agence France Presse, in a report quoting the Nikkei business daily, had said that Japan plans to donate patrol boats costing $11 million each to the Philippines, adding that it plans to finance the deal in its fiscal 2013 budget.
Both countries are locked in separate territorial disputes with China.

Japan’s dispute is over a group of uninhabited islands in the East China Sea known as the Senkakus in Japan and the Diaoyus in China.

The Philippines is one of several Southeast Asian countries, including Vietnam, that are rowing with China over claims to parts of the South China Sea.

The long-running row over the islands intensified in September when Tokyo nationalized part of the chain, triggering fury in Beijing and huge anti-Japan demonstrations across China.

In the most serious high-seas incident yet, Japan last week said that a Chinese frigate locked its weapon-targeting radar on a Japanese navy vessel on January 30. China has angrily denied the charge. With reports from Agence France Presse

Read more: http://globalnation.inquirer.net/64013/dfa-hopes-china-responds-soon-on-arbitration-case-before

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom