What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Engine issue is killing both counties

Between two of the most power countries we still can’t equip each other without US permission

We are too vulnerable

We need to learn from this
Actually TEI said that the engine will be ready in a year.. both countries are almost there..

Actually TEI said that the engine will be ready in a year.. both countries are almost there..

I’m sorry but turboshaft engine needs time to mature look at Chinese programme

You cannot build one and start serial production

By next year you mean maiden flight?

Engine issue is killing both counties

Between two of the most power countries we still can’t equip each other without US permission

We are too vulnerable

We need to learn from this

Turkey is doing something about, where is Pakistan ? How long before chinese interests match with India and Pakistan is forgotten about? Pakistan doesn't have a plan for the next 50-100 years. Sitting on comfort of having nukes for how long?

Turkey will have large air, ground and naval engine portfolio within next decade.

I’m sorry but turboshaft engine needs time to mature look at Chinese programme

You cannot build one and start serial production

By next year you mean maiden flight?

Pakistan's relations with China may not always be good. China can stop supply the technologies to Pakistan.. Turkey has realized it too late and now is trying to create its own defence industry. For example, Aselsan company, which produces products such as electro optics, radar, missiles, seeker heads for missiles, air defence systems, etc was founded as a result of an embargo(1974). Yes, engine projects may be extended, but at the end of the day we will have an engine family.

Get over the insecurity this is not a comparison between Turkey and Pakistan

Don't deflect, Insecurity is yours. I and most others here know what Turkey's strategy is and the steps Turkey is taking. What steps is Pakistan taking on engine development which as you describe it, is killing pakistan.

I'm hoping for Jordanian TOT with this program. The T-129 could serve as a great replacement for the AH-1 Cobras in service and if God wills help Jordan develop helicopter industry. Jordan will be able to pay for TOT and afford new helicopters once the oil shale barrel production kicks in at about 50000 barrels per day in 2022-2025.

These in Jordanian colors would be kickass. One question, can the 20mm gun obstruct the view of the FLIR camera?

Video qualities are low, but you can get idea from this videos.

I notice one thing bad, if I'm not wrong the smoke from the gun obstructs the view of the camera when firing. Is that wrong?

Also, is Turkey developing a small recon/very light attack heli like the Ah-6?

800px-17-_Saudi_Arabian_National_Guard_AH-6_Little_Bird_%28My_Trip_To_Al-Jenadriyah_32%29.jpg

Last edited:

The design and production possibilities of Turkish Industry were shaped according to the possibilities. A model like Ah - 6 can fly with a single ts1400 engine. Turkey for the production of such a helicopter, electronic, avionic ,flir and considering the possibility of helicopter design may have started such a program can be developed even without knowing.

I notice one thing bad, if I'm not wrong the smoke from the gun obstructs the view of the camera when firing. Is that wrong?

800px-17-_Saudi_Arabian_National_Guard_AH-6_Little_Bird_%28My_Trip_To_Al-Jenadriyah_32%29.jpg
As stated by officials, they had to make a design improvement study in order to reduce various negative mechanical effects transmitted from the gun to FLIR system , since they have to stay very close to each other due to efficient use of available space.
The smoke you talk about is most probably heat signature of gun or ammunitions being fired.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom