What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

atak-2-urun-gorseli.jpg
Asalam o alakum Turkish Brothers, can we make T-129 atat 2 like that !View attachment 469376

Last edited:
What does that mean?

ATAK can receive the same captured live video footage from UAV's?

It "CAN" mean;
  • Target data : Think F35 style extended radar range thanks to UAVs.
  • Missile control : ATAK has a higher weight capacity while UAV's have generally better endurance and range. So ATAK fires the missile at a target that is being radar locked by UAV1. The missile control is passed from ATAK >> UAV2. When the missile approaches the target the control is switched from UAV2 >> UAV1 which has a precision radar lock on the target and directs the missile to it.
  • Target painting : Drone paints target (because it isn't MALE) and ATAK fires at target etc.
  • Radar lock information : ATAK and drones share information on their current radar locked status, i.e. they're being targeted by which aircraft or SAM site etc.
We don't exactly know what they're going to implement, but the scenarios are generally along these lines. I might have missed a few?

What does that mean?

ATAK can receive the same captured live video footage from UAV's?
Exactly like that. Live feed.

Missile control : ATAK has a higher weight capacity while UAV's have generally better endurance and range. So ATAK fires the missile at a target that is being radar locked by UAV1. The missile control is passed from ATAK >> UAV2. When the missile approaches the target the control is switched from UAV2 >> UAV1 which has a precision radar lock on the target and directs the missile to it.

Radar lock information : ATAK and drones share information on their current radar locked status, i.e. they're being targeted by which aircraft or SAM site etc.

Neither T-129 nor our UCAVs have radar controlled missiles.

Didn't they ban that maneuver because of how dangerous it is ? :-)
Yes, this is a country of people who cares security! :D

Do you know how they test elevators in skyscrapers of Istabul? They put 7 people in them while running for the first time. We check the gas leakage with a lighter or matches! Just as a reminder how much security is involved in our lives... Want more examples? :D :D

Back
Top Bottom