What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

upload_2018-2-8_18-27-56.png

DH - Defence Helicopter
Singapore Airshow: Turkey closes in on T129 sale

Pakistan is planning to buy 30 T129 Atak attack helicopters built by Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), said Tamer Ozmen, vice president for corporate marketing and communications, at this week’s Singapore Airshow. TAI is very close to signing a contract, he said.

In December, TAI also received an RfI from Thailand for the T129 with the possible procurement of eight or more aircraft.

Ozmen said TAI is also developing a UAV that will compete on the international market for HALE surveillance missions, similar to the Northrop Grumman RQ-4 Global Hawk. The aircraft will be able to reach an altitude of 15,000m using jet engines.

It is in the planning stages and the company is in discussions with potential international co-development partners, Ozmen said.

TAI is also in the R&D stage of the Anka II MALE UAV with the same body as the original Anka, except with extended wings and powered by two engines. The original Anka is powered by a single rear 155hp heavy fuel engine and has a maximum altitude of 9,000m.

The Anka II will be able to climb to 12,000m. Both aircraft have a 24h endurance. The payload will increase from 200kg to 750kg for the Anka II. Beyond the same sensor and systems payloads, the Anka II will also be able to carry two Mk 82 unguided bombs, he said.

Ozmen also said the first two Anka-S (SATCOM) UAVs were delivered to the Turkish Air Force on 1 February. He noted that all other Turkish armed forces are equipped with the original 200km-range line-of-sight variant, though the ground stations can extend it to 400+km.

On the international front, Anka has established strong cooperation with Malaysia’s DRB-HICOM Defence Technologies (DefTech) for a direct sale of the Anka UAV. This would be the first international sale, if approved.

Indonesia is also very interested in procuring six aircraft with two ground stations. Both Malaysia and Indonesia share challenging coastlines dotted with islets favourable to illegal maritime activities, such as piracy and smuggling.

https://www.shephardmedia.com/news/defence-helicopter/singapore-airshow-turkey-closes-T129-sale/

Let me tell how this deal will end. Pakistan will place an order to buy ATAK, everything is good until our terrorist lover ally Usa will put an veto on the engines and will screw this sale. I dont even understand why pakistan tries to buy atak since they surely know how this will deal will outcome?

Let me tell how this deal will end. Pakistan will place an order to buy ATAK, everything is good until our terrorist lover ally Usa will put an veto on the engines and will screw this sale. I dont even understand why pakistan tries to buy atak since they surely know how this will deal will outcome?
it's okay, engines can be swapped pretty easily on these

I never quite understood why T155 sales to Azerbaijan failed. The engine could be pretty easily changed to a Volvo 750hp V8 Truck engine and it would be a bit underpowered but otherwise good to go.

Why we start Turkish made engine program for helos? We can provide it ourself in resonabler time.

it's okay, engines can be swapped pretty easily on these

I never quite understood why T155 sales to Azerbaijan failed. The engine could be pretty easily changed to a Volvo 750hp V8 Truck engine and it would be a bit underpowered but otherwise good to go.
the problem is There is European embargo to Azerbaijan... Volvo is Sweden made...

European Embargo? I thought it was just Germany.
no its European, and the reason is so funny, not to sell weapons so that not to ignite the Karabkh issue. But, When Armenia occupy, make massacre, they dont ask them to give back the land or put embargo on them

no its European, and the reason is so funny, not to sell weapons so that not to ignite the Karabkh issue. But, When Armenia occupy, make massacre, they dont ask them to give back the land or put embargo on them
What about American engines, cummins for example?

Whats reasonable time, will pakistan wait for us?

IDK. But i know that our brohers will wait us as long as we want. They don't want to buy US MADE-EU HELI after trump's threat to pakistan to cut aids

IDK. But i know that our brohers will wait us as long as we want. They don't want to buy US MADE-EU HELI after trump's threat to pakistan to cut aids
Yes you are absolutely right Bro, & our PM also taken a ride in ATAK but as you are saying that this deal is also in danger because of Engine issue is that your point ! & if that is not an issue then when this contract going to be finalized ?

We need ejection seats in Atak II.

A mechanism can release the main rotor and then the seats can safely be ejected.

2 pilots would be alive if such a system was in place.

Back
Top Bottom