What's new

Switzerland is still the best. Lowest covid case fatality rate in the world.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Out of 1,140 cases, only 1 death. That's less than 0.1%. Even better than seasonal flu.

@nang2 @jamal18 @UKBengali @Mista @White and Green with M/S @dbc @Ziggy1977 @925boy @rambro @FuturePAF @aziqbal @denel @mike2000 is back @F-22Raptor @hyperman @gambit @VCheng @Hamartia Antidote @Suika @vostok @TexasJohn @antonius123 @Beast @ChineseTiger1986

Out of 1,140 cases, only 1 death. That's less than 0.1%. Even better than seasonal flu.

@nang2 @jamal18 @UKBengali @Mista @White and Green with M/S @dbc @Ziggy1977 @925boy @rambro @FuturePAF @aziqbal @denel @mike2000 is back @F-22Raptor @hyperman @gambit @VCheng @Hamartia Antidote @Suika @vostok @TexasJohn @antonius123 @Beast @ChineseTiger1986
You just use one day worth of data to draw your conclusion. No wonder someone calls you an idiot.

There is not much variation day to day. You can check day to day data at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/switzerland/
By the way, the web site just got updated. 1140 cases, 3 deaths. That is already 3x of your sample. Yesterday, 1452 case, 6 deaths. That is 4x. The day before, 1284 case, 9 deaths. That is about 9x. I don't know your definition of variation is. But to me, close to magnitude difference isn't considered as "not much".

In absolute number, North Korea might be the best with almost no recorded case, and I trust their data.

However, we should compare apple with apple. North Korea is a close country and they have a clear advantage compared to others.

For a normal country, I admire both China and Taiwan for their extremely effective governments in fighting against COVID.

In absolute number, North Korea might be the best with almost no recorded case, and I trust their data.

However, we should compare apple with apple. North Korea is a close country and they have a clear advantage compared to others.

For a normal country, I admire both China and Taiwan for their extremely effective governments in fighting against COVID.
Not true! :)
4bb.jpg

Taiwan's death rate is so high (twice of the world's average) that it's likely that they severely undercount their total number of cases.

TAIPEI (BLOOMBERG) - Taiwan won plaudits for its successful containment of Covid-19 last year, which made its recent virus resurgence all the more surprising. Data shows it was unusually deadly, as well.

While Taiwan has seen fewer than 800 Covid-19 deaths in total, 500 of them occurred in June alone, amid its biggest virus wave to date. The pathogen got through the stringent border curbs that had kept local infections at bay for most of 2020, seeding an outbreak that tore through the then-largely unvaccinated elderly population.

This pushed the case-fatality ratio to as high as that seen in Italy and the UK in the first months of 2020 when the disease was a mystery. Overall, Taiwan's fatality rate of total cases to total deaths since the pandemic began is 5 per cent, much higher than nearby Hong Kong's 1.8 per cent and the 0.1 per cent rate in Singapore.

You just use one day worth of data to draw your conclusion. No wonder someone calls you an idiot.

What a silly guy lol.

Back
Top Bottom