What's new

Superpowers missile : Brahmos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali.009

Reaction score

Bharat had tried to threaten Pakistan with a missile test. Like other threats from Delhi, the missile turned out to be a dud. In a comedy of errors, the military establishment of Bharat again made the same announcement that they have been making for a decade. Brahmos will be ready for a test in a month.

In one of the funniest comments (obfuscated in gobbledygook) in missile history the engineers told the Times of India that the missile was successful but the homing system did not work. Considering the purpose of the missile is to deliver a pyload from one point to the next, many analyst wonder what part of the missile works. Trail of tears and failure: Indian missiles.

The missile in itself is proven. The test’s main objective was to evaluate the new homing scheme for the Army’s Block-II missiles to hit a specific small target, with a low radar cross-section, in a multi-target environment,” BrahMos Aerospace chief A Sivathanu Pillai told TOI. Times of India

Like the Tejas (in testing for twenty years), and the Arjun (Indian Arjun vs Pakistani Al-Khalid: A comparitive analysis), Bharat has had no luck with missile technology either. After the failure of the Agni, Nag etc. this Bharati missiles failures confirms once again total and absolute failure of Bharati attempts to join the missile club. Indian missle failures. Program Scrapped!

What surprised defense analysts was the fact that the Indian Navy has already included the Brahmos in their ships. This is contrary to any established protocol used in the industry. This may be good news for the Pakistanis–as the missile is still untested and does not work.

The Navy has already inducted the BrahMos missile’s naval version on a couple of its warships and has placed orders worth Rs 711 crore for 49 firing units. The armed forces’ eventual plan is to have nuclear-tipped LACMs, with strike ranges in excess of 1,500-km. Times of India

NEW DELHI (AFP) - A supersonic cruise missile jointly developed by Russia and India failed to hit its target in a test previously reported as successful, Indian military scientists said Wednesday.

The Defence Research and Development Organisation, which Tuesday claimed the test of the BrahMos missile had been a “total success,” said the missile had flown only in the general direction of its target.

“The missile performance was absolutely normal till the last phase, but it missed the target, though it maintained the direction,” BrahMos project chief Sivathanu Pillai told the Press Trust of India.

The eight-metre (26-foot) missile weighs about three metric tonnes and can be launched from land, ships, submarines or aircraft, travelling at a speed of up to Mach 2.8. It has a range of 290 kilometres (180 miles) and is designed to carry a conventional warhead. AFP

Like the Satyam CEOs, the Bharati Generals first lied about the success of the missile. Mindful of the Chinese and Pakistani satellites that were watching and laughing, Delhi decided to come clean.

The missile was fired from the Pokhran range in the western desert state of Rajasthan, bordering Pakistan, that was also the site of India’s nuclear tests in 1998.

The Times of India newspaper Wednesday suggested the failure was a result of an attempt to configure the missile to carry a nuclear warhead.

Pillai did not comment on the newspaper’s report but said his scientists were trying to debug the guidance system of a missile that had been tested 20 times in the past eight years.

“A new software used for this mission will be revalidated through extensive simulations and a flight trial will be carried out in a month’s time to prove the augmented capabilities of the missile,” he said.

India and Russia — its largest military supplier — hope to mass produce the BrahMos for export.

Nuclear-armed India, the largest arms buyer among emerging countries, has already begun arming its navy and army with the BrahMos as a tactical battlefield weapons system.

The missile is named after India’s Brahmaputra River and Russia’s Moskva . River. India admits failed cruise missile test. AFP

Pakistan has already inducted the Babur missile in its army in large numbers. It is these missiles that gave the Bharati Army in check.

Pakistan, on its part, is inducting its nuclear-capable Babur land-attack cruise missile (LACM), developed with China’s help to have a strike range of over 500 km, in large numbers into its arsenal. Times of India

A recent satement from the highest official in the Indian army about the failure of the Indian missle program and te advice to scrap the local Indian missiles has raised suspicions that the latest missle test was rigged. The Mail Today newspaper on Wednesday quoted the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) as announcing that it would scrap its 25-year Integrated Guided Missile Development Programme (IGMDP) by the end of this year. Plagued by cost overruns and repeated failures, the announcement is a virtual admission of failure,” the newspaper said.“In fact, some former chiefs of the different services said as much on hearing the news.”

All of Indi’a Rockets have failed. 1) Agni 2) Pirthivi 3) Akash 4) Trishul and 5) Nag 6) Agni consisting of surface to surface surface to air and anti-tank systems.

‘If the missile fell from the height of 12 km, it establishes that either it’s motor rocket, the basics of the missile proved failure or the guidance and control system was faulty. In both the probabilities, Indian technology has been exposed in clumsy manners.’

‘It is interesting to watch that Indian missile programme that was initiated by French and US assistance and later New Delhi also borrowed Russian technical support has been facing tragedies from the beginning,’ the newspaper quoted him as saying.

FACTS:
1. Brahmos's test rate is above 95%.
2. Agni, Prithvi and Akash has been inducted into army.
3. Brahmos is 50-50 joint venture between India and Russia. (unlike Pakistan who just buys missiles from Chine and North Korea and paint them in thier colors.)
4. DRDO was testing new software on this missile, software had some glitches and I am pretty sure India can fix software problems.

If you start developing new weapon system, you dont have success rate ot 100%. You "WILL" have some failures.
I will ask you to list a "major" weapon system that was developed by Pakistan or by any country for that matter that had success rate of 100%?

i thought i read chinese and 'pakistani satellites'...??
spy satellites??....pakistani spy satellites?

i thought i read chinese and 'pakistani satellites'...??
spy satellites??....pakistani spy satellites?

I thought I read somewhere that BrahMos was "Successful Cruise Missile" ?!?! Cruise Missile? Successful? Seriously?

And yes, Pakistani Spy Satellites. It's Alright if you didn't know.

I thought I read somewhere that BrahMos was "Successful Cruise Missile" ?!?! Cruise Missile? Successful? Seriously?

And yes, Pakistani Spy Satellites. It's Alright if you didn't know.

yeah...yeah...the one at the far-end of the alpha-century system right?

Pakistan and "spy-satelite" in the same sentence? :rofl:

That Same "Spy-Satellite" is the reason your Government admitted to a "F.A.I.L.U.R.E" :woot:

darth vader told that to you?

FACTS:
3. Brahmos is 50-50 joint venture between India and Russia. (unlike Pakistan who just buys missiles from Chine and North Korea and paint them in thier colors.)
4. DRDO was testing new software on this missile, software had some glitches and I am pretty sure India can fix software problems.

If you start developing new weapon system, you dont have success rate ot 100%. You "WILL" have some failures.
I will ask you to list a "major" weapon system that was developed by Pakistan or by any country for that matter that had success rate of 100%?

This questions is still open. If you still there Ali feell free to answer.

Care to back up this statement? :pop:

You're probably new at this.

That's just how the way things work, lad. If there wasn't anyone keeping a check, All these tests would come out "Successful" for the world.

Well,to all the Pakistani posters,by posting these kind of self satisfactory posts will not change anything,nor will it help your Armed forses super duper planners(who actually will lead ur country to defeat as usual) to have a nice sleep,so u can post anything but that does'nt change the reality.

FACTS:

You're probably new at this.

That's just how the way things work, lad. If there wasn't anyone keeping a check, All these tests would come out "Successful" for the world.

You still havn't answered my question.:pop:

let them be happy about a brahmos missing a target,
that test was latest and most complex in nature and involved some new manoeuvrings and lots of other tests which people may never know
they are happy with their super hatf,babur ,raad missiles, their gernails will never tell them whether their missiles actually hit anything or not,becoz they were not told by chinese:sniper:
at least it solves their purpose of projecting nuclear terrorism

I am not against my Pakistani friends being happy. I am just trying to get them to answer my question in my first post and to see if they can back up thier statments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom