What's new

'Super Saina Nehwal' sails into Olympic semifinals

She has already lost 21-13; 21-13

thanks and regards.
its not about winning or loosing, its about playing with a die hard intension to win, and our girl is good at it.
by the way, is there a badminton representation from PAKISTAN? just curious to know

Pakistan just sent in the hockey team and a couple of other token reps. No real medal hopefuls.

thanks and regards.
its not about winning or loosing, its about playing with a die hard intension to win, and our girl is good at it.
by the way, is there a badminton representation from PAKISTAN? just curious to know
If we win a olympic medal other than hockey, it's a miracle.

Let me give you an example of our reps:
In swimming heats for woman, the lowest time was 3:45. Ours had a time of 4:50

Embarrassing to say the least

Lost 13-21, 13-21 in 41 minutes. Now hope for a bronze! But well Done Saina! Nobody from India has got an Olympic medal in Badminton/Olympics and I am dead sure you will do it in London

Lost 13-21, 13-21 in 41 minutes. Now hope for a bronze! But well Done Saina! Nobody from India has got an Olympic medal in Badminton/Olympics and I am dead sure you will do it in London
Tell me the Chinese don't have a chance of getting gold, silver and bronze. Please!

She played well but Wang, the number 1 seed was too good and the better player won. Saina is just 22. She will be back hopefully stronger at the next Olympics.

Super Saina Nehwal sails out of Olympic semi finals!!!

Chinese are number one in Badminton, table tennis, what else?

Wining & Losing are part and parcel of Games. She created History by Reaching The Semi Finals and bought Glory to India. Best of luck for the Next Match...

Absolutely, she has done what no other Indian had done before.

561089_508319062526882_492997132_n.jpg

Congrats !!

Olympics 2012: Saina Nehwal plucky, not just lucky
It may not be the best way to win an Olympic medal but then, that’s what sport is all about. Indian badminton ace Saina Nehwal was taking control of the situation on Centre Court when she heard Wang Xin, her Chinese opponent, crying inconsolably:cry:. The world No 2 was shaking her head, signalling she couldn’t continue any longer:cry:. A minute later, Saina was declared winner by the chair umpire, with score line reading 18-21 0-1:smitten:.
The next few minutes saw some good sportsmanship on the court, with the Indian shuttler giving a big hug to her opponent, before appreciating the huge applause at the Wembley Arena.
The scorecard may not tell the real story because Saina realised her opponent’s condition well in the middle of the first set and started pressing for long rallies. “When the score was 11-6 (in Xin’s favour), I realised she was tired and in pain. So I tried to play long rallies in order to slow down the pace of the game,” Saina said.
Saina started in blistering fashion, taking an early lead. But Xin suddenly upped the pace of the match and forced Saina into a few errors. The result: she was up 14-6 in no time. This was the most crucial phase of the match and Saina, knowing well that her opponent wasn’t in prime shape, started playing long rallies in her bid to make a comeback. And she succeeded to an extent.
Even coach P Gopichand admitted that it was part of the gameplan. “It was important for Saina to play her style of game, which is to play long rallies. The loss in the semifinal was mainly due to the fact that Saina played too fast and failed to force the rallies,” Gopichand told DNA.
Saina fought back from 9-16 to make it 16-19. And when she made it 18-20, Xin was down in pain:cry:, clutching her left knee. The five-minute injury break was just too frustrating for Saina and she lost her momentum by losing the point, and the game 18-21.
Well done Saina & well done Wang Xin. Both deserve hands up.:tup:
I have 1 problem from some chinese posters(some are good:tup:). Why they discourage sportsmanship here.

Back
Top Bottom