What's new

Strategies Armed forces can use to reduce civilian casualties when attacking Insurgent hideouts

Maula Jatt

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I know recent campaign resulted in civilian deaths and of course most are gutted to hear of this news, we could create IDPs when campaign was in Pak but in Afghanistan we cant do that
Meaning lots of innocent people can die when targeting TTP hideouts
this thread is to discuss strategies Pak armed forces can use to minimize civil deaths while maximizing insurgent ones

Drones are definitely much better than f-ing jets man - like seriously whose bright idea is this?
Or we want to go to IK route? of letting it bleed on and waiting for them to negotiate

discuss!
@Signalian , @PanzerKiel @TNT @Dalit @Rafi

Last edited:
Having Drones always in the air gives us the ability to take out targets of opportunity. Simultaneously Covert Ground elements could be utilized to take out those hiding behind civilians. The enemy is clever we need to be more careful moving forward.

I know recent campaign resulted in civilian deaths and of course most will be gutted to hear of this news, we could create IDPs when campaign was in Pak but in Afghanistan we cant do that
this thread is to discuss strategies Pak armed forces can use to minimize civil deaths while maximizing insurgent ones

Drones are definitely much better than f-ing jets man - like seriously whose bright idea is this?
Or we want to go to IK route? of letting it bleed on and waiting for them to negotiate

discuss!
@Signalian , @PanzerKiel @TNT @Dalit @Rafi

Recon both in the optical and electronic are used to try to reduce collateral, but sadly it does occur, don't believe the takfiri hype their claims of civilian casualties are greatly exaggerated and are just being used for propoganda.

If we didn't care about civilians, we could level all the areas where this scum is hiding.

I saw the pics.

Some more carefulness is required.

Unknown gunmen are better option than drones and fighter jets bombing.

Send some serving Pushtoon ISI agents in these areas where they can get dissolved with locals and thus high level ground intelligence.
Of course keep an eye with UAVs also.

Recon both in the optical and electronic are used to try to reduce collateral, but sadly it does occur, don't believe the takfiri hype their claims of civilian casualties are greatly exaggerated and are just being used for propoganda.

If we didn't care about civilians, we could level all the areas where this scum is hiding.

Deploying special forces for quick ops might work better in these places than drones.
The entire world has issues with Afghans right now. We can easily push in and even create buffer zones and no one will have a problem with that, as long as we can muster some courage to pull something off like that.

If we kill 5 innocents while trying to kill 10 baddies.
Then we have created 5 new families that will harbour ill will against us and become baddies in the future.

Why don't we ever learn from the mistakes of our masters in Washington instead of always trying to follow their policies.
Did they not continuously bomb Afghans for two decades? And then ran like cowards?
And here we are trying to re-invent the wheel and wonder why the result might be different tomorrow when the same war re-enters our borders through our own tribal folk.

Those bloody civilians had this coming. Don't show mercy, for they won't show any.

You are mentally sick. I would be worried if you were in any place of decision-making for this country. Glad you aren't and won't ever be.

Guys seriously we crying over this? Shit happens move the fxck on, collateral damage happens its part of war plain and simple.
We did one strike and everyone howling like banshee.

Why can't we try to be better than "happens".
Why can't we question and expect better from our own selves and our people as Muslims?

You are mentally sick. I would be worried if you were in any place of decision-making for this country. Glad you aren't and won't ever be.

You do get sick when your soldiers die to no end or when our own people sympathize with the families of the terrorists lacking sympathy for our people get the taste of their own medicine.

You do get sick when your soldiers die to no end or when our own people sympathize with the families of the terrorists lacking sympathy for our people get the taste of their own medicine.

This statement is even more sickening.
If you can't distinguish between combatants and non-combatants, then you are a threat to any society you live in.
Exact same mindset that makes people become terrorists.

Don't get me wrong I am not justifying killing the innocent but the families of TTP are really innocent? Knowing what their fathers, husbands, brothers, and cousins are doing? can we really say they are innocent?

This is our tragedy as a nation, looking over our shoulder instead of standing up for ourselves and taking action.Civilian casualties can happen, there is no guarantee in battle.This is no reason to slow down or stutter a bit while squeezing the trigger based on our intelligence.You armchair generals are too used to playing PUBG, wake up to the real world where real shit is part of life.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom