What's new

Startling revelations: 2,000 blue passports sold illegally for vast sums

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD:
At least 2,000 blue passports were allegedly either sold to influential people at a hefty price ranging between Rs1.5 million and Rs2 million each or issued to undeserving officials between July 2010 and February 2013, the Express Investigation Cell (EIC) has learnt.

Sources said a powerful ‘gang’ comprising of at least one former federal minister, many senior officials of the Ministry of Interior and Directorate General of Immigration and Passports allegedly made billions out of the sale of diplomatic Pakistani passports.

Despite the practice coming into light at least once in 2012, the gang continued with its business. The Federal Investigation Agency and other agencies were unwilling to probe the case since the top officials of the interior division were a party to the illegal practice.

The sale of the blue passports started in 2010 and it continued unabated till February 2013, when a group of three individuals from Sialkot were detained at Lahore airport by immigration authorities for failing to present a no objection certificate. The detained individuals told immigration authorities they were not government officials, but rather they purchased the diplomatic passports for Rs2 million each.

Authorities immediately reported the findings to senior officials in Islamabad and it was finally referred to the FIA for a thorough inquiry which never occurred. However, a change of guard at the Directorate General of Immigration and Passports in March 2013 brought the issue into the limelight once again.
When contacted, Director General Directorate General Immigration and Passports Zulfiqar Cheema said, “At this point in time I can confirm that investigations are underway into the case and we have recommended in writing to the interior division to cancel 2,000 passports issued to private individuals by the [former] PPP regime.”

Cheema has also suspended at least 12 officials of different grades of his directorate in connection with the scam.

Raids at regional offices are also being conducted to check records to evaluate the exact number of the passports issued to undeserving individuals.

It is generally believed that a vast majority that purchased the blue passports has already left Pakistan and the cancellation of their passports is a futile exercise.
Published in The Express Tribune, May 30th, 2013.

thanks goes to REHMAN MALIK!!!! now 2,000 criminals have diplomatic immunity!

and imagine how much REHMAN MALIK MADE! 2,000 multiplied by 2million ruppees!

:hitwall:

Can you imagine in what shameless manner PPP govt looted this country? In every way not even imaginable, they have found ways to make money.

This is a major security threat! If Pakistani government can't revoke these diplomatic passports, all other countries should revoke the privileges given to all Pakistan diplomatic holders. Cause otherwise there won't be any way to tell the crook from the authentic diplomat. :undecided:

thanks goes to REHMAN MALIK!!!! now 2,000 criminals have diplomatic immunity!

and imagine how much REHMAN MALIK MADE! 2,000 multiplied by 2million ruppees!

:hitwall:

No Sir. Blue passports are OFFICIAL passports, not DIPLOMATIC passports, which are red. Blue passports do NOT confer immunity.

This is a major security threat! If Pakistani government can't revoke these diplomatic passports, all other countries should revoke the privileges given to all Pakistan diplomatic holders. Cause otherwise there won't be any way to tell the crook from the authentic diplomat. :undecided:

These blue passports indicate an official status and are NOT diplomatic passports.

Still a major security threat. As you can travel visa free to a quite a few countries on an official passport.

Not really. Official passports can present themselves to Immigration authorities in certain countries without a visa, but they can be granted entry only after regular screening of both person and luggage. In many countries, they need a visa arranged beforehand, like ordinary passports.

Not really. Official passports can present themselves to Immigration authorities in certain countries without a visa, but they can be granted entry only after regular screening of both person and luggage. In many countries, they need a visa arranged beforehand, like ordinary passports.

So you are telling me people spent hundreds and thousands of dollars to get hold of these blue passports for no extra benefit?

So you are telling me people spent hundreds and thousands of dollars to get hold of these blue passports for no extra benefit?

No Sir, I am just telling you the facts I know. I do not know the amounts given as bribes, but official passports and any visas on them are issued gratis. Probably people who could not get regular passports arranged for these passports by using their connections, but that is only my guess. Illegal nonetheless, but very typical of our way of doing government business.

nahi bhai nahi!! what will be the point of it!!

why would people buy bloody blue passports if it has no point! blue passport get's you diplomatic rights! you don't need visas!

nahi bhai nahi!! what will be the point of it!!

why would people buy bloody blue passports if it has no point! blue passport get's you diplomatic rights! you don't need visas!

That is wrong Sir. Red passports are issued to those with diplomatic rights, not the blue ones which are issued and used as I described above.

That is wrong Sir. Red passports are issued to those with diplomatic rights, not the blue ones which are issued and used as I described above.

please read this this might help:

Official passports are issued to Senators, Members of the National Assembly, provincial ministers, judges of the supreme/high courts, officers serving with the governments when abroad on official assignments etc.

Pakistani passport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so basically officals going out on government work get these passports! hence any act the commit is taken as an act done by the will of government of pakistan.

it carries many immunities in it too.

please read this this might help:

Official passports are issued to Senators, Members of the National Assembly, provincial ministers, judges of the supreme/high courts, officers serving with the governments when abroad on official assignments etc.

Pakistani passport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

so basically officals going out on government work get these passports! hence any act the commit is taken as an act done by the will of government of pakistan.

I am aware of those details Sir. What I have posted above is 100% correct.

Blue passports do not confer any immunities, Sir.

Back
Top Bottom