What's new

Startbucks opens ninth store in India

I still prefer the desi nadan coffee shop as Mr. Kalam does.
7383_500447286683673_395785475_n.jpg

Not familiar with Costa. Don't believe we have that here in Canada. Starbucks is overrated. It's caffeinated dishwater.

Tim Horton's or Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Second to that, I have stayed in US and now in Canada and found Timn Hortons are best and well in Budget. Starbucks is just a status symbol like Apple stuff.

In India, No one can beat Indian Coffee House. If you are addicted to them then you wont like anything.

What? Only 9 shops in such a country like India? I expected more my yaras ;)

Interestingly, Starbucks doesn't franchise. All their stores are company stores.
All their stores in India are co-owned with the TATA Group.

Good for a change though. Barista and Costa Coffee are wholly owned and thus profits go out of the country.

Low per capita income. Such stores grow when economy grows.

Low per capita income. Such stores grow when economy grows.

So indians cant make coffee for themselves and had to call in a 'foreign' chain?
Same as Pakistan cannot fry chicken and cannot make burgers and has to rely on KFC/MC Donalds...

While in Europe and USA they only let you in as professional or corporate IF you are on their shortage occupation list or you are a corporate salvaging their local companies (tata) or you are openinga business not being done by locals...

In India/Pakistan every foreign burger maker, coffee maker, tooth paste maker is let in to kill local businesses....

So indians cant make coffee for themselves and had to call in a 'foreign' chain?
Same as Pakistan cannot fry chicken and cannot make burgers and has to rely on KFC/MC Donalds...

While in Europe and USA they only let you in as professional or corporate IF you are on their shortage occupation list or you are a corporate salvaging their local companies (tata) or you are openinga business not being done by locals...

In India/Pakistan every foreign burger maker, coffee maker, tooth paste maker is let in to kill local businesses....

That is incorrect. You are free to open your own burger chain in London if you wish.

The only advantage they have is that their brands have more recognition and their brands have been present longer.

That is incorrect. You are free to open your own burger chain in London if you wish.

The only advantage they have is that their brands have more recognition and their brands have been present longer.

Yeah...if you ever get a visa.
Try applying visa for a european country mentioning that you want to open a burger shop or chain.

Yeah...if you ever get a visa.
Try applying visa for a european country mentioning that you want to open a burger shop or chain.

I'll take your word for it. I have not applied for an European Visa. But would they deny you a visa if you say you wish to invest in say France?

I never quite understood the logic of an overpriced cup of coffee or frappe...

I like creamy frappes though...

Yara Starbucks only recently entered India with 50:50 partnership with an Indian company TATA .
However they plan to open 500 stores in India and as the chairman said that their main focus is India for this decade . Btw we already have a decent home grown company by the name Cafe Coffee Day :tup:

Hotel%20Photo%20Gallery%20%284%29.JPG

Café Coffee Day is a division of India's largest coffee conglomerate, Amalgamated Bean Coffee Trading Company Ltd. (ABCTCL). ABCTCL grows coffee in its own estates of 10,000 acres (4047 ha). The land value of the plantations is US$250–300 million. It is the largest producer of Arabica beans in Asia. Apart from this, the group also sources coffee from 11,000 small growers. ABCTCL is one of India’s leading coffee exporters with clients across USA, Europe and Japan.

Back
Top Bottom