What's new

Star Safire and Brite Star Systems in PAF.

A precision bomb strike by an F-16.

6.JPG

Thats ATLIS in Infrared/Visual mode (IV), the colored one posted later is Sniper as mention by Oscar. MLU will enhance the capability of A/B models to multi-folds, provision for AMRAAM and Sinper are two v.important features in this upgrade!

That colored image is most likely from a SNIPER XR pod.

Looking at the altitude, my first impression was that the target is being painted by a ground based observer, but then i noticed in the top right corner that it's been zoomed in from a distance of 1635 meters.

The Afghan-Pakistan border is a porous one. It is never easy to keep an eye 24/7 and thus the attacks and insurgency!
Even the ISF operating in Afghanistan are accusing us of infiltrations meaning that they with all the gadgets available to them are still not able to completely cut that on there own.

These systems surely are playing an important role. The role of PAF in Pakistan's WoT cannot be ruled out.
Also it a good learning experience but a very expensive one for sure.

For me, the future in such a war we are fighting right now lies with UAC and UCAV. I hope to see excessive use as it will be both efficient and less dangerous. Also we will get a lot to learn. We can be among a few countries to effectively use unmanned combat vehicles in real war scenario.

regards!

According to an article by Alan Warnes, in the current issue of Air International, these FLIR systems are deployed by PAF on it's C-130s. The author flew in one such 'Herks' call sign "Stranger 12" and witnessed how a single person or militant can be tracked from a safe height of over 10,000 feet.

Star SAFIRE III - FLIR® Detection & Protection - Full Spectrum Technologies for Homeland Security & Force Protection

BRITE Star - FLIR® Detection & Protection - Full Spectrum Technologies for Homeland Security & Force Protection

Also in operation is the Goodrich DB-110 Sensor system on the F-16s.

Reportedly, the RAF is assisting PAF from their experience of RAPTOR (Reconnaissance Air Pod for Tornado)

ISR Systems - Concepts of Operation - F-16

which month Dec-2012?

PAF wont use these gadgets in the Border areas,and let the soldiers get massacred over and over again by Afghan insurgents and ISAF.
A documentary on Dunya news said that border check posts get at least one attack every week from Afghanistan...

need to find a less expensive way of doing what you are suggesting. drones do come to mind for such.

That's correct, if you have any problem getting hold of a copy, drop me a line. Have already posted some half a dozen copies to some guys in Pakistan.

thanks for your offer but i hope to manage.

Back
Top Bottom