What's new

Sri Lanka welcomes it's first Indian build AOPV at Colombo harbour.

The OPV looks great, almost like a stripped frigate. I don't think they would install something as big as the OTO Melara but a powerful 50 caliber gun or the MK38 Machine Gun would give it lethal firepower. Is this SL's largest ship or do they have a corvette/frigate?

The OPV looks great, almost like a stripped frigate. I don't think they would install something as big as the OTO Melara but a powerful 50 caliber gun or the MK38 Machine Gun would give it lethal firepower. Is this SL's largest ship or do they have a corvette/frigate?
Yep it's the largest they have. They only have patrol vessels and the largest vessel they had before this one was SLNS sayura which we sold to them.
I read somewhere that Sri Lanka will later add the weapon systems to it.

So they will install a MBRL later but why is the heli deck earmarked for an ALH (Dhruv) ?

Unless they are getting the Dhruv + service for free who in their right minds will induct a flying coffin?

So they will install a MBRL later but why is the heli deck earmarked for an ALH (Dhruv) ?

Unless they are getting the Dhruv + service for free who in their right minds will induct a flying coffin?
Please spare us from the butthurt false flag.
The heli hanger can be used for any heli that SLN might opt for.

Please spare us from the butthurt false flag.
The heli hanger can be used for any heli that SLN might opt for.

false flag?

so for sake of keeping HAL engineers employed you will murder hundreds of Indian military pilots?

Thats the actual false flag you animal.

false flag?

so for sake of keeping HAL engineers employed you will murder hundreds of Indian military pilots?

Thats the actual false flag you animal.
Moron.
The dhruv has been in the service for a long time and HAL has orders for 250+ more units from IA,IAF&IN.
Even when they have the option to order from foreign vendors.
Nobody is buying them to keep HAL alive
I'm not denying that earlier varients had issues. This has been solved in the mk3 varients and the changes have been made to the earlier varients. the incidents involving dhruv are very less as compared to earlier times for the last 4-3 years.

Moron.
The dhruv has been in the service for a long time and HAL has orders for 250+ more units from IA,IAF&IN.
Even when they have the option to order from foreign vendors.
Nobody is buying them to keep HAL alive
I'm not denying that earlier varients had issues. This has been solved in the mk3 varients and the changes have been made to the earlier varients. the incidents involving dhruv are very less as compared to earlier times for the last 4-3 years.

Dhruv is
1. An international embarssment
2. A dead end in India-South America bilateral relations
3. A flying coffin
4. A WMD deployed by HAL against Indian military.
5. A billing method of HAL to keep its corruption up and about.

Dhruv is
1. An international embarssment
2. A dead end in India-South America bilateral relations
3. A flying coffin
4. A WMD deployed by HAL against Indian military.
5. A billing method of HAL to keep its corruption up and about.
Out of the 250+ built, less than 10 have crashed. Out of Ecuador's 4 crashes, most of them were due to pilot error which isn't a fault from the Indian side. Well, I do agree HAL doesn't maintain the best standards in the industry and it's better if the manufacturing phase is privatized to Indian defense firms, it isn't fair to portray ALH as a flying coffin.

And just because helos crashed, that doesn't end the bilateral relation between two countries. In that case, Mig-21s crashed in considerable numbers but aren't we still buying Russian stuff. Now what are you gonna say about that, Russian equipment is damn good but it's our pilots that lack the ability to fly them!!

Out of the 250+ built, less than 10 have crashed. Out of Ecuador's 4 crashes, most of them were due to pilot error which isn't a fault from the Indian side. Well, I do agree HAL doesn't maintain the best standards in the industry and it's better if the manufacturing phase is privatized to Indian defense firms, it isn't fair to portray ALH as a flying coffin.

Lies.

200~ built so far over past 38 years.
17 have publically crashed and destroyed as per public records.

Many more have suffered accidents of varying degrees that does not require a statement from the military operator

Blaming Ecuador is typical of DPSU's who blamed elite Ghatak platoons of Indian Army for not knowing how to fire the fuc*ed up INSAS rifle/peashooter.

Blamed Nepalese soldiers for not knowing how to fire INSAS when they were beaten by communists.

Blamed CRPF for not knowing how to fire INSAS they were beaten by Naxal tribals.

DPSU will blame everyone but not accept their fault.

Lies.

200~ built so far over past 38 years.
17 have publically crashed and destroyed as per public records.

Many more have suffered accidents of varying degrees that does not require a statement from the military operator

Blaming Ecuador is typical of DPSU's who blamed elite Ghatak platoons of Indian Army for not knowing how to fire the fuc*ed up INSAS rifle/peashooter.

Blamed Nepalese soldiers for not knowing how to fire INSAS when they were beaten by communists.

Blamed CRPF for not knowing how to fire INSAS they were beaten by Naxal tribals.

DPSU will blame everyone but not accept their fault.
When were talking about OPVs and their helo options, where did INSAS come from? Post a source of your claim that only 200 were built and your crashes. Don't be a kiddo and say that you know it.

When were talking about OPVs and their helo options, where did INSAS come from? Post a source of your claim that only 200 were built and your crashes. Don't be a kiddo and say that you know it.

17 have publically crashed.

Post your source that less than 10 have crashed.

I am pointing out that the 4 Dhruvs which crashed and murdered innocent Ecuadorians is the 100% fault of HAL

17 have publically crashed.

Post your source that less than 10 have crashed.

I am pointing out that the 4 Dhruvs which crashed and murdered innocent Ecuadorians is the 100% fault of HAL
http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...since-2002-parliament-told/article8327755.ece

Total of 16 accidents out of which 11 crashes occured in India (2 civilian and 9 military) and 5 abroad crashes out of a total 231 built. 12 out of the 16 crashes are due to human error or environmental factors but not due to technical issues. Only 9 military crashes but you claimed hundreds of Aviation pilots are being killed to keep the HAL engineers employed.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...since-2002-parliament-told/article8327755.ece

Total of 16 accidents out of which 11 crashes occured in India (2 civilian and 9 military) and 5 abroad crashes out of a total 231 built. 12 out of the 16 crashes are due to human error or environmental factors but not due to technical issues. Only 9 military crashes but you claimed hundreds of Aviation pilots are being killed to keep the HAL engineers employed.
Ignore him.... He has blind hatred towards HAL.....

Back
Top Bottom