What's new

Sri Lanka Military & US military to host Asia military airlift exercise

Lankan Ranger

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Sri Lanka Military & US military to host Asia military airlift exercise
Sri Lanka and the United States will co-host a regional military airlift exercise in Sri Lanka from August 22 to 26 to strengthen disaster relief co-ordination between the US and Asia.

Pacific Airlift Rally (PAR) is a biennial, military airlift symposium sponsored by US Pacific Air Forces (PACAF) for states in the Asia-Pacific region.

"Exercise-related events include informational seminars and expert briefings, a command post exercise that addresses military airlift support required during natural disasters, and a field training exercise that builds upon the command post exercise," the US embassy said.

Participants will come from Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Canada, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Maldives, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Thailand, Tonga, United States and Vietnam as well as Sri Lanka.

Three United States Air Force C-130 Hercules aircraft's from the 374th Airlift Wing at Yokota Airlift Wing, Japan and one C-130 each from the Royal Malaysian Air Force, Royal Australian Air Force and the Sri Lanka Air Force, will be in field training exercises.

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/fullstory.php?nid=60872379

Myself i have been to the secret " but well known" Diego Garcia base...just 1 hour flight from South Sri Lanka
I am not sure if all people on the forum knows...that one of the biggest and important american bases in the world and its very close to Sri Lanka.

Over 3000 Staff just to maintain the base service!
Diego Garcia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In my mind this base is the biggest challange and treath for the South Asian stability and peace. Both Iraq and Vietnam war was started from this base.

Please learn more about Diego Garcia ....You need to know about it before the americans launches another war in south asia from this base!

US Pacific Command may also bring C-17

C-17_RAF-600x400.jpg

Back
Top Bottom