What's new

Sri Lanka looks to be ‘Wonder of Asia’; hopes to pull in more tourists from China, Russia

good work.i will surely visit sri lanka one day.what do average sri lankans think about india?do they consider india as there enemy?
A friend of mine from Punjab(a Sikh) went to Sri Lanka about 3 months ago. He was respected and well treated by Tamils, Sinhalese and Muslims. Overall he was impressed by the people and country in general. So it is a tourist friendly country.

is it the genetic bond.. after all sri lankans say they share gene with bengalis.. lolz.

In any case, during civil war, lankans were never beaten up in tamilnadu. Recent incidents of lankan tourists being beaten up might have vitiated the atmosphere a bit.
What I gather from lankans here, they dont just hate south Indians(and their own tamils), they look down upon them as some racially inferior human. That bit is worrying and might come back to trouble lanka.

This is just the case why did the Tamil leaders didn't say anything while the war was in full swing but only to start complaining when UNHR secession are about to be started?

Back
Top Bottom