What's new

Spot-fixing/Match-fixing scandal

Hi,

I am just being a late comer to the show----. What a fiasco and failure of the management. That is what is written all over it---a pakistani management failure a la pakistan.

So--seemingly a crime has been committed---no ball----it is not a felony offence----it is like an infraction---not a match changing infraction---for M Amir and M Asif---at the moment.

Pakistan must start its own inquiry---pak must only give as much access of the pak players to british police as much access the brits would give to pak police if things were turned around.

Next thing---the players must be represented by an attorney all the time---they must not be interviewed by the police by themselves unless an attorney is present---.

Slaman Kamran etc may have committed a crime---but they are still pakistani citizens and pakistan needs to provide them tresource in a foreign country.

Now the situation maybe handled differently when they come back to pakistan.

The batsmen and the wicketkeeper can be easily replaced---but not the case of the two bowlers---they are our point men---even if they have committed cardinal sins---they need to be protected---remember Shane Warne---australia didnot throw their main man to the wolves---.

The bottomline---if the heads need to be chopped of the habitual criminals---then that should be done in pakistan and not in britain.

I think I should apply for the job of the team manager. What do you people say.

The batsmen can be corrupted---the wicketkeepr too---but the bowlers---specially strike bowlers not as much----they can be controlled.

These two bowlers are our best weapons---even though they might be tainted---there is no reason to discard them.

I saw a Pakistani newspaper reporting that Its an Indian conspiracy to disgrace Pakistan and Pakistan cricket
For any wrong deed committed by Pakistan,are we the culprit,always?
:D:lol:

I think if we keep the emotions aside, this case is very weak despite the video evidences. I am unable to see them being held culprit on the basis of current evidences. The police must need to gather more proofs or they will be released from all charges very soon :)

Thats probably one of the reason why PCB has not withdrawn these players from the ODI squad as the current scenario do not convict them as guilty.

Think logically from the eyes of the British Law and not by your emotions

I think I should apply for the job of the team manager. What do you people say.

Go for it Sir, I am standing behind you :thinktank:

I saw a Pakistani newspaper reporting that Its an Indian conspiracy to disgrace Pakistan and Pakistan cricket
For any wrong deed committed by Pakistan,are we the culprit,always?
:D:lol:

Share link with us or shut you mouth!

Share link with us or shut you mouth!

:wave:

Pakistan's press on Monday said a match-fixing scandal involving top cricketers was an act of shameful betrayal for a flooded, terror-hit nation that worships the game.

National captain Salman Butt and two of the country's star bowlers should be sacked, said English-language daily The News, after they were quizzed by British detectives over the alleged gambling scam in a match against England.

"Our cricketers should have been ambassadors for us at this time, instead they have stabbed us in the back," the newspaper said in an editorial.

"The evidence appears conclusive and we are exposed to the world as cheats and frauds once again," it said, adding that the national sport faced "a very uncertain future".

"Perhaps the only way forward now is to literally start from scratch. Sack the lot, top to bottom. Anything less and the stink generated by these allegations will stick to us forever."

Pakistan's government has launched an investigation into the claim by a British Sunday tabloid that a middleman took money in return for exact details of no-balls in the Lord's Test match between England and Pakistan.

The News of the World said it paid £150 000 ($230 000) and that bowlers Mohammad Aamer and Mohammad Asif delivered no-balls at the exact points in the fourth Test that the middleman had indicated.

The allegations have caused uproar in Pakistan — already in crisis-mode as floods lay waste to large parts of the militant-riddled country — and shaken a sport that considers itself synonymous with fair play.

International matches in Pakistan have been on hold due to terrorism fears after the Sri Lankan team was attacked by militants last year.

The team has meanwhile been dogged by "fixing" allegations ever since the 1990s and also embroiled in ball-tampering.

There was rare cause for celebration when Pakistan beat England in the third Test, a victory that Butt dedicated to the millions affected by the country's worst-ever floods.

But the team went on to lose the fourth Test by a record margin, and the betting scandal has besmirched the Pakistani game once again.

Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, announcing the government investigation, said the claims "have bowed our heads in shame" while President Asif Ali Zardari has expressed his disappointment.

Pakistan's best-selling newspaper, Daily Jang, said: "The whole nation is ashamed."

"Corruption has marred the country... and this is going on and on unabated. This latest cricket corruption case shows again the need for revising the whole system," it said in an editorial.

But the country's second most popular newspaper, Daily Express, blamed an anti-Pakistan lobby in neighbouring India for the scandal.

"The match-fixing scandal is an Indian conspiracy against the Pakistan team," it said.

"The Indian bookmakers' lobby used Azhar and Mazhar Majeed (the alleged bookmakers at the centre of the scandal) to tarnish Pakistan's image and to derail the careers of (bowlers) Mohammad Aamer and Mohammad Asif," it said.

Federal sports minister Ijaz Jakhrani promised that any players found guilty would be severely punished, while the Pakistan Cricket Board said it had had requested access to the ongoing investigation.

However, The Times in London pleaded for the cricketing world not to ostracise "a troubled nation".

"In a time when Pakistan is balanced on an existential knife-edge, cricket represents liberalism rather than extremism; international engagement rather than isolation; the celebration of graceful civilisation rather than the cold nihilism of tribal and religious strife," it said.

iafrica.com | sport | today Team ‘betrayed’ Pakistan

I think if we keep the emotions aside, this case is very weak despite the video evidences. I am unable to see them being held culprit on the basis of current evidences. The police must need to gather more proofs or they will be released soon :)

Thats probably one of the reason why PCB has not withdrawn these players from the ODI squad as the current scenario do not hold them guilty.

Think logically from the eyes of the British Law and not by your emotions

My point exactly!
They are not guilty yet but has been made so by media!
We should think logically! They are our people, our stars. Lots and lots of people are envious of them, and we have to keep this thing in mind!
I am not defending them but atleast untill they have been proved guilty we Pakistani should support them.

P.S: Yawar Saeed, Ijaz Ahmad and Ijaz Butt must be kicked out of the scenario as soon as possible.

But the country's second most popular newspaper, Daily Express, blamed an anti-Pakistan lobby in neighbouring India for the scandal.

"The match-fixing scandal is an Indian conspiracy against the Pakistan team," it said.

"The Indian bookmakers' lobby used Azhar and Mazhar Majeed (the alleged bookmakers at the centre of the scandal) to tarnish Pakistan's image and to derail the careers of (bowlers) Mohammad Aamer and Mohammad Asif," it said.

The source you are quoting is African............ so what can we say........ who will go n confirm from daily express? why not share a link from the daily express instead?

My point exactly!
They are not guilty yet but has been made so by media!
We should think logically! They are our people, our stars. Lots and lots of people are envious of them, and we have to keep this thing in mind!
I am not defending them but atleast untill they have been proved guilty we Pakistani should support them.

P.S: Yawar Saeed, Ijaz Ahmad and Ijaz Butt must be kicked out of the scenario as soon as possible.

Not guilty?
The video in which the bookie fixed the no-ball timing,Mohd.Aamer bowling possibly the biggest no-ball ever and Salman Butt watching Aamers follow through after the ball,rather than the batsmen and the biggest proof is the video of News of the World,how did i forget that!
:partay:

@STD: Mazhar Majeed has himself said that he is part of Big Indian Network!
DOn't you know that India and South Africa are home of world's biggest bookies' network?

The source you are quoting is African............ so what can we say........ who will go n confirm from daily express? why not share a link from the daily express instead?

OMG,so now an african report is also biased?
:what:

@STD: Mazhar Majeed has himself said that he is part of Big Indian Network!
DOn't you know that India and South Africa are home of world's biggest bookies' network?

Arrey bhaiya,kabhi toh haar man liya karo!
Abhi bhi India ko blame karna hai?

The world has started to hate Pakistani cricketers,no one shook hands with them during the presentation ceremony,the Lords stadium was in a graveyard silence when Pakistani cricketers came on to the field.

Why don't you just accept it?

Not guilty?
The video in which the bookie fixed the no-ball timing,Mohd.Aamer bowling possibly the biggest no-ball ever and Salman Butt watching Aamers follow through after the ball,rather than the batsmen and the biggest proof is the video of News of the World,how did i forget that!

Mr. Brain! For you it may be a evidence but for Court it is not.

Not guilty?

These are all supporting evidences in the eyes of the court. The real evidence is still missing from the stage!

Lets await for the court's decision for now

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom