What's new

Space Warfare, Technology and Exploration Subforum

Dante80

Reaction score
Country
Greece
becjJ3n.jpg

Here is a suggestion to the PDF team. The World Military Forum section right now lists 7 subforums.
  1. Military Forum
  2. Air Warfare
  3. Naval Warfare
  4. Land Warfare
  5. Equipment & Gear
  6. Military History & Tactics
  7. Technology & Science
My suggestion would be to add an 8th subforum section. Currently, there is no centralized or dedicated space for discussions that have to do with Space Warfare, Technology and Exploration. There are literally hundreds of posted articles littered all over PDF that could be moved or opened in a dedicated section, and many high quality discussions too.

From the expansive space programs of countries, to the development and fielding of military assets in space (half the worlds satellites are of military origin and function), and from the history of space exploration to the scientific discoveries in Astronomy that open our eyes into new worlds, both in space and time.

I really think that such a section is both warranted and beneficial to our forum, and I would certainly spend a lot of time there too. Hope that the team decides in a favorable fashion.
Many thanks, and salutations from Sunny Greece.

ps: Also made a quick and dirty example thumbnail for the section, if it is ever decided to come to life. :D
Untitled-1.jpg

Last edited:
I support this decision too. There are hundreds of topics that fall under this domain alone. I read articles on Space Warfare, Technology & Exploration and would be happy to fill the sub-forum with good sourced articles worth a read.

@Dante80 just ping ppl you know to come support this initiative.

@OsmanAli98 @Dewaneh @lastofthepatriots @Joe Shearer @Nilgiri @Dubious @Tps43 @Moonlight @Slav Defence Please support this initiative! :D

Sounds like it could get interesting.

becjJ3n.jpg

Here is a suggestion to the PDF team. The World Military Forum section right now lists 7 subforums.
  1. Military Forum
  2. Air Warfare
  3. Naval Warfare
  4. Land Warfare
  5. Equipment & Gear
  6. Military History & Tactics
  7. Technology & Science
My suggestion would be to add an 8th subforum section. Currently, there is no centralized or dedicated space for discussions that have to do with Space Warfare, Technology and Exploration. There are literally hundreds of posted articles littered all over PDF that could be moved or opened in a dedicated section, and many high quality discussions too.

From the expansive space programs of countries, to the development and fielding of military assets in space (half the worlds satellites are of military origin and function), and from the history of space exploration to the scientific discoveries in Astronomy that open our eyes into new worlds, both in space and time.

I really think that such a section is both warranted and beneficial to our forum, and I would certainly spend a lot of time there too. Hope that the team decides in a favorable fashion.
Many thanks, and salutations from Sunny Greece.

ps: Also made a quick and dirty example thumbnail for the section, if it is ever decided to come to life. :D
View attachment 536755
:tup::tup::tup:

Reminds me of freelancer opening cinematic

How soon before it is filled with "moon landings were fake" stories? :D

Can have one sticky pinned thread for all that space-conspiracy stuff in that subforum...flat earth etc :D

Make @Dante80 or someone a subforum mod etc to keep it nice and organised etc.

C'mon its fun to watch (when you feel like it) the zectech, undertaker, feng etc kindergarteners yell and scribble things in crayon etc..as long as you keep it somewhat contained in a romper room I suppose :P

@Mage

How soon before it is filled with "moon landings were fake" stories? :D

Actually, having a centralized discussion thread for this would be very cool. Not because the moon landings didn't happen, but because millions of people around the world (30 millions in the US alone) think they didn't. :wacko:
Conspiracists have managed to sustain public interest in their theories for more than 40 years, despite the rebuttals and third-party evidence. Opinion polls taken in various locations have shown that between 6% and 20% of Americans, 25% of Britons, and 28% of Russians surveyed believe that the manned landings were faked.

So, analyzing and breaking apart said conspiracy theories like those of Bill Kaysing, Milton William Cooper, David Percy or Bart Sibrel would lead to some pretty interesting discussion I think. Same goes with exploring ways for any one of us to find out what happened via experimentation and personal research, or critically engaging in dialogue about the subject at hand from a tabula rasa point of entry.

The same applies for other big pseudo-science or conspiracy theories btw that are directly linked with space and the cosmos. You can have dedicated/centralized threads about the Flat Earth Theory for example, about UFOs and the extraterrestrial hypothesis, about the Fermi Paradox and the Hollow Earth historical concept, and on and on.

It is not about the cheesiness or absurdity of the subject matter after all. It is about using it as a medium to produce meaningful discussion, to sharpen your critical thinking and dissemination skills, and to find ways to both indulge in a little of "truth seeking" and learn to think for yourself instead of simply consuming and adopting the views that offer the path of less intellectual resistance.

It is also a great way for the cuckoos of the forum to come to the light and shine like super-novas..:D

Anyway joking aside, what I meant to say is that - although the last thing I would be interested in said subforum if implemented would be to dwell in pseudo-science tinfoilhattery - there is no taboo about discussions like these, if they are properly contained and curated/moderated.

Last edited:
It is about using it as a medium to produce meaningful discussion, to sharpen your critical thinking and dissemination skills, and to find ways to both indulge in a little of "truth seeking" and learn to think for yourself instead of simply consuming and adopting the views that offer the path of less intellectual resistance.

I can only wish you the best of luck in a forum such as this. Really. :D

My mind is already made up, so, THERE.

tinfoilhattery

I am adding that word to my PDF vocabulary, with permission, right next to "whataboutery". :D

Ok, looks like we have the approval of many regular members of this forum. More would also have agreed/will agree if this thread was more visible.

@WebMaster can we create a Subforum under World Military Forum called "Space Warfare, Technology & Exploration" or "Space Technology & Exploration"?

We already have @Joe Shearer @Dante80 @Slav Defence @scorpionx @T-123456 Mine & many others vote towards this initiative.

This new subforum will literally breathe life into PDF as we know it. It'll be a new sub forum with a abundance & wide range of topics being discussed that have never before (not in depth or scale) been discussed on PDF.

@Horus @Oscar @Arsalan @Deino @Dubious @Irfan Baloch @The Eagle @waz @WAJsal @Jango @Jungibaaz @blain2 Please support this too & help in the founding of this new subforum! Read the whole thread for context or this post. :D

Back
Top Bottom