What's new

South Asians Weak AT Sports @ CWG

I am astonished that a nation with 175 million people can produce one person to a win a solitary medal.

Where as the Aussies a nation of barely 20 million dominates the games.

Why are THE SOUTH ASIANS so weak mild and uncompetitive...

This is a military forum there is no way Aussies or the Brits would ever l;ose a war to Asians

The western nations are far to organised, strong powerful and competitive...

Asian nations beat their chest about nuke war heads and we are marital races but they are being shown up BIG TIME in the games.

International games of any nature are always dominated by the POWERFUL NATIONS.. ie the real powerful nations

ie
USA RUSSIA CHINA GERMANY AUSSIES AND UK.

That is a fact

What are you talking about out of 71 countries, India which is 70% of South Asia is at No2 in Gold Medal ranking and at No 3 in general cumulative ranking and was at No 4 last year.

I am astonished that a nation with 175 million people can produce one person to a win a solitary medal.

Where as the Aussies a nation of barely 20 million dominates the games.

Why are THE SOUTH ASIANS so weak mild and uncompetitive...

This is a military forum there is no way Aussies or the Brits would ever l;ose a war to Asians

The western nations are far to organised, strong powerful and competitive...

Asian nations beat their chest about nuke war heads and we are marital races but they are being shown up BIG TIME in the games.

International games of any nature are always dominated by the POWERFUL NATIONS.. ie the real powerful nations

ie
USA RUSSIA CHINA GERMANY AUSSIES AND UK.

That is a fact

Two things....

Money.....
Interest....

Both are related to each other....

Incentives where money is to be made, we SAsians dominate....so much so that we make it our sole interest....

Name the category and we can find an example...

This applies to all walks of life, including sports....

A lot of the sports featured in CWG arent "popular" or provide people a payout for them to invest an interest in......

Are you joking - in a war the combined armies of India and Pakistan will kick the rear end of the Brits and Aussies any time.

BTW coming to sports - the reason why we dont produce good or top quality athletes id the corruption in the sports bureaus and the desire to earn money since most of the potential athletes come from poor or middle class back ground.

The parents either want their son/daughter to be a doctor,engineer or a cricketer because these are sure ways to rake in the moolah.

No one wants thier child to become an athlete or a discus thrower or a javelin thrower,get a measly PSU job and be middle class all their life.

Simple reasons - Economic nature.

South Asia is a cricket crazy region.

Nothing else generates more interest than cricket.

And if no public interest then sponsors will not come and neither the money.

Things are changing now, in India I mean.

Sport is slowly and slowly becoming the new forte of corporate India since they are now realising the big money that can be made in sports.

I have one suggestion. Is it possible that we could build specialized sporting cities with attention to sports being the only purpose for their creation. Such a city should have all needed facilities etc.

Think of it as the Silicon valley/Detroit of sports.

South Asia is a cricket crazy region.

Nothing else generates more interest than cricket.

And if no public interest then sponsors will not come and neither the money.

Let's talk about cricket :

At lunch, Australia bat to 95-0 vs India
Ponting's half-century guides Australia to 285/5 on day one

A solid 99-run opening partnership between Shane Watson and Simon Katich, followed by skipper Ricky Ponting's patient 77 helped Australia reach 285 for five on the first day of second and final cricket Test against India here today.

Government dont support every sport in Pakistan, except for cricket and a little hockey, everyone wants to earn money, whether its a sport or any other profession, if they dont get paid or they get couple of thousand rupees a month, then what will they feed there families,

I am the best tennis player in my college, but how can I take tennis as my future, with only few thousand rupees, but if my my family was rich then I wud certainly go for it

there is more talent in South Asia then anywhere in the world, but the point is they aren't paid as much as they deserve

Last edited:
If you take about the army, then South Asians have the largest military in the world, they can take over England and Aussies at one time:lol:

If you take about the army, then South Asians have the largest military in the world, they can take over England and Aussies at one time:lol:

I hope you are in your senses. Just having more troops means nothing.

The Vanguard class submarines of Royal Navy can wipe out the whole of South Asia with its nuclear tipped Trident D5's even without coming anywhere close to any SA mainland.

Last edited:
Its about priority......we can have a really talented Leander Paes calibre player here.....who gets a brief chance to showcase his talents for a while .....but then slowly financial pressures , academic peer pressures ( most vitally) ...and lack of proper sponsorships and monetary help ...kicks in and the player is forced to abandon sports in favor for a route that might somehow lead him to his daily bread......

South Asian mentality tends to view academic degrees and salaried jobs as signs of status and social/financial security.....for South Asian parents sports = time waste.....even in the middle class ...sports are considered secondary ....at most an extracurricular rather than a career......

Australia though is a real exception .....sports and fitness there..... is a national obsession.....in India that sort of passion is, to be honest.... evoked by only Cricket.....

Its not about weakness India is currently at no 2 in the medal telly.

Its about lack of interest of the general public + system + corruption/bias in selection.

In India each and every sports body/federation/ association/committee is headed by a politician they just make money and don't promote sports. If they select some one in the team its just to time pass or their own people.

Back
Top Bottom