What's new

South Asians in Foreign countries - Experience and Untold Stories of their Relations amongst!

WAR-rior

Reaction score
Country
India
Hello Guyz,

After seeing certian attitude of members on PDF I thot of starting this thread for general consumption.

I request to post your Experiences with citizens and origins from other countries of South Asia when visited abroad and if not visited, have any real life story by your nearones to share.

It wud be interesting to know some experiences (of all kind, good or bad) just to know each other's people better.

Its another thing to sit here and abuse, hate each other just for Pakistan's schizophrenia about Indian invasion and Kashmir Ego but when its bout living a life, SOUTH ASIAN UNITY in alien land is the biggest factor for existence. Lets have some reality check of other worlds.

Lets give a try.

Last edited:
Personal Example :

All the household labour work, catering services for functions, etc type of nonskilled jobs are given to Pakistanis and Bangladeshis by Indians. Mostly all such jobs are run by Pak, Ban as most of Indians who settled decades back have established, high profile businesses and new Indian migrants are all High skilled technical jobs. This is for south asian identity. :tup:

My Aunty's furniture of new house was completely contracted to a Pakistani who had all the workers from Pakistan. (I felt humbled and pity for their attitude and their life situation back home. Hell, they are not like PDF armchair jingoists. Very hardworking and obidient). For my Sister's wedding reception, catering and hall booking was contracted to a Pakistani who had Pakistan and Bangladeshi cooks.(Non Veg was good. :toast_sign:)

In West countries, Desis think bout their relations and Regional affinity and how nowadays Pakistanis, Bangladeshis get their initial kickstart and business running to get settled there from well established suncontinent guyz, majority being Indians).

I remember, after being robbed in Rome Hotel room, How a Azad Kashmir Kashmiri Italian owning a Kiosk below the hotel offered me a free beer and consoled me. How a Bangladeshi Italian friend of his, whos a cook, came abusing him in Italian for not turning up to last day's party. Most of our conversation other than Crime in Italy was How his elder Bro and Father is against his dating a Italian gurl running a GELATO outlet. (Now they are recently married).

I remember, after being cashless, How I wandered on the roads of Rome to find a compatible ATM for my Bank and eventually turned in to a 'Currency Conversion Service' providing shop. (Mostly were owned by Pakistanis and Bangladeshis with Pak in majority). After, requesting for Euros out of my Bank due to lack of ATM compatability in that country, the Pakistani owner offered me 10 euros for emergency. I declined in start and he says, 'Kabhi mauka pade to lauta dena. Rite now its important for you to take it'. (I plan to someday, when I reach my aspired proffesional level, go back and offer him 100 euros. 10 for Principle, 10 for Interest and 80 for Helping in dire times). :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom