What's new

someone tell me about food in rawalpindi

Zyzz

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I will be staying in Rawalpindi alone at a hotel and i want to try food outside that won't cause an upset stomach(i suffered from this whenever i went to Pakistan)

Which is the best restaurant or street vendor etc? Can you please name them and their prices and exact locations

so far i have come up with Mamoo burger, La montana and Al Sheikh Tikka after watching a youtube video.

which type of food you are interested in?
Sweet food stores that make Mathai(like Barfi and those pink laddoos) ,Biryani, Burger King, Pizza.

basically something that won't cause an upset stomach tbh, i noticed the water especially in Pakistan makes me have weird stomach spasms for days and sometimes weeks but there is no diarrhea, just pain, this is why i will be sticking to bottled waters(can you suggest any brands that are good in Pakistan) and the bottled ones i will bring with me from HK

also is there any supermarket/grocery store in rawalpindi? that will be extremely extremely helpful

Sweet food stores that make Mathai(like Barfi and those pink laddoos) ,Biryani, Burger King, Pizza.

basically something that won't cause an upset stomach tbh, i noticed the water especially in Pakistan makes me have weird stomach spasms for days and sometimes weeks but there is no diarrhea, just pain, this is why i will be sticking to bottled waters(can you suggest any brands that are good in Pakistan) and the bottled ones i will bring with me from HK

also is there any supermarket/grocery store in rawalpindi? that will be extremely extremely helpful

Sweet:- Qasr-e-Shireen, Fresco and Jamil Sweets (Murree Road)
Biryaani :- Well Savour Pulao is very famous, though I dont like it but still people are mad about it.
Burgers/Pizzas:- Well you can find almost all the brands in saddar, bahria town, some in Jinnah Park and chaklala
Supermarket:- In bahria there is a green valley, there is hyperstar/carrefour in DHA Giga mall, there is Cosmo cash & Carry in Jinnah Park (not sure whether its open these days or not), apart from this you will find decent grocery stores in almost every locality e.g., madina cash & carry/punjab cash & carry etc

PS:- If you are a foodie, try cuisines in food market on double road, next to cricket stadium.
Tehzeeb Pizza is also very famous in Pindi. Bottled water is a tricky issue, even big names like nestle have allegations of selling contaminated water, so just pray that your tummy doesn't get upset :P

Moreover, if you tell me the locality of your intended stay i can recommend you specific shops and stuff. Have a nice visit to my city :)

@ManiHK see this might help you in finding you some delicious delight or food to your liking
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g298423-zfp5-Rawalpindi_Punjab_Province.html
for drinking water only buy aquafina or nestle mineral water small bottle cost 30rs while large 1.5l cost 55-70

Thanks for the link, that is really helpful.

Sweet:- Qasr-e-Shireen, Fresco and Jamil Sweets (Murree Road)
Biryaani :- Well Savour Pulao is very famous, though I dont like it but still people are mad about it.
Burgers/Pizzas:- Well you can find almost all the brands in saddar, bahria town, some in Jinnah Park and chaklala
Supermarket:- In bahria there is a green valley, there is hyperstar/carrefour in DHA Giga mall, there is Cosmo cash & Carry in Jinnah Park (not sure whether its open these days or not), apart from this you will find decent grocery stores in almost every locality e.g., madina cash & carry/punjab cash & carry etc

PS:- If you are a foodie, try cuisines in food market on double road, next to cricket stadium.
Tehzeeb Pizza is also very famous in Pindi. Bottled water is a tricky issue, even big names like nestle have allegations of selling contaminated water, so just pray that your tummy doesn't get upset :P

Moreover, if you tell me the locality of your intended stay i can recommend you specific shops and stuff. Have a nice visit to my city :)

I think i might be staying around G13 (home rents from zameen.com if they're authentic) so i found a closeby supermarket called "Esajee"
They accept online orders and also have WONKA!!!(never tried this, no one sells it in Hong Kong)

also can you teach me how to buy tickets for example like tickets for jaffar express to go to lahore or quetta etc.

and teach me how to buy a sim card lol? I bought a world sim card which will only last me 10 days once i activate it unfortunately.

is uber reliable in Pakistan or is careem better?

also where can i find a bank nearby that accepts Hang Seng Bank card or Bank of China(i know of a karachi branch Bank of China only, have no idea about the rest of them) card?

what time must i be home or is Rawalpindi and Islamabad safe 24 hours?

khotay di karahi its a delicacy in lahore pindi and islamabad on serious note try savor polao with shami kabab its good!

I think i might be staying around G13 (home rents from zameen.com if they're authentic) so i found a closeby supermarket called "Esajee"
They accept online orders and also have WONKA!!!(never tried this, no one sells it in Hong Kong)

also can you teach me how to buy tickets for example like tickets for jaffar express to go to lahore or quetta etc.

and teach me how to buy a sim card lol? I bought a world sim card which will only last me 10 days once i activate it unfortunately.

also where can i find a bank nearby that accepts Hang Seng Bank card or Bank of China(i know of a karachi branch Bank of China only, have no idea about the rest of them) card?

bank al habib might accept China bank card as they are issuing debit card with china bank logo on it

Esajee (if you are talking about the one in F6) is way too far but it does accept online orders. There many other markets. You can also use food panda to order food online. However, don't order barbeque online (ordered twice-never again, the meat wasn't cooked properly).

G-13 is just ok but not great (lived there for half a year). We were paying like 45 K for upper portion (14-16 marla/) with 3 BR/WR+kitchen+store+drawing room. Had to move due to lack of water in summer. G-15/16 has cheaper rent in some areas and has better markets/roads. Availability of ground water is still an issue. Check for that before renting a place in any area.

I used daewoo for travelling to other cities like lahore/peshawar. It accepts credit cards. I and the family prefer careem ( have used in several cities). Great for women to do shopping as it frees me up to rest instead of sulking in heat. The careem bill is lower than what I would have spent if I was travelling with them. I actually save money because otherwise I would have been spending it on food.

ISB is usually asleep at night. Only some areas in pindi are open after midnight like commercial market.But don't travel without a local companion after 12 AM as you might not know the way around. Don't know after midnight but I have used careem at around fajr prayers.

Contact ICBC branch in ISE tower. Perhaps they might be of help.

Esajee (if you are talking about the one in F6) is way too far but it does accept online orders. There many other markets. You can also use food panda to order food online. However, don't order barbeque online (ordered twice-never again, the meat wasn't cooked properly).

G-13 is just ok but not great (lived there for half a year). We were paying like 45 K for upper portion (14-16 marla/) with 3 BR/WR+kitchen+store+drawing room. Had to move due to lack of water in summer. G-15/16 has cheaper rent in some areas and has better markets/roads. Availability of ground water is still an issue. Check for that before renting a place in any area.

I used daewoo for travelling to other cities like lahore/peshawar. It accepts credit cards. I and the family prefer careem ( have used in several cities). Great for women to do shopping as it frees me up to rest instead of sulking in heat. The careem bill is lower than what I would have spent if I was travelling with them. I actually save money because otherwise I would have been spending it on food.

ISB is usually asleep at night. Only some areas in pindi are open after midnight like commercial market.But don't travel without a local companion after 12 AM as you might not know the way around. Don't know after midnight but I have used careem at around fajr prayers.

Contact ICBC branch in ISE tower. Perhaps they might be of help.

G-15/16 doesn't appear on zameen.com? How did u rent them? i plan on renting them on zameen.com. I am not sure how legit it would be.. that's my main concern.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom