What's new

Some Pakistan Troops Shelter Militants, U.S. Says

Banana

BANNED
Reaction score
WASHINGTON—A top-ranking U.S. commander in Afghanistan said there have been incidents of "local collaboration" between units of Pakistan's Frontier Corps, a government security force, and insurgent groups, which have allowed militants in Pakistan to fire shells at U.S. and Afghan troops in Afghanistan.

Lt. Gen. Curtis Scaparrotti said Thursday that safe havens enjoyed by militants in Pakistan remain the primary obstacle to putting down the insurgency in Afghanistan, and there remains little likelihood that the Pakistan military will move against the primary militant refuge in North Waziristan.

Gen. Scaparrotti's remarks are the latest in a succession of U.S. complaints about ties between Pakistan and militant groups. In recent months, senior Obama administration officials have charged that Pakistani agencies, especially its intelligence service, maintain close ties to extremists to serve the country's strategic goals, including its rivalry with neighboring India.

Pakistani officials didn't immediately return a call seeking comment on Gen. Scaparotti's remarks. In the past, Pakistan has strongly denied that its military forces provide any support to militants fighting U.S. forces in Afghanistan.

Some Pakistan Forces Shelter Militants, U.S. Says - WSJ.com

good jobe guy's---"my ennemy ennemy is my friend" ;)

what a stupid allegation it is.
Is ISAF and NATO not realizing that to hide their defeat how low they are getting.
It needs character to admit failure but I am feeling sorry that they are showing none.
Alexander pope said " To admit I was wrong yesterday , in other words means that I am wiser yesterday

stage being set to scrape goat local commanders of FC to save biggies in Pindi ... :)

there is no Gen Brar in Pak Army. A lie is a Lie who ever tell it. Ground situation and Ethnic imbalance created by ISAF is giving fruit. Its Difficult for NATO and ISAF to Admit what they did and they blame Pakistan

the truth is coming out everyday after may

Yes enjoy the truth it is for ur consumption. Believe ,dance over it, celebrate it or whtever we care to hoots.

We know the truth and we are with all our hearts with our security forces.:pakistan:

Perhaps someday the press will understand that the FC is NOT regular military.. they arent trained as well either, nor follow such a strict regimen as the rest. Also.. the intricacies of the area allow for both family and tribal relations to come into play.
And there is not just a small, but a very high chance that some FC troop will let a suspect go because he is from the same tribe as he is.

Back
Top Bottom