What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a long history of Military coups in Turkey. I was told that if the civilian gov’t of the day was moving away from the principals laid down by the Ataturk, Turkish Constitution authorised the Military to take over. However this was changed by the Erdogan.

I only have one Turkish friend who said only last month that many Turks feel that Erdogan’s Islamization was against the concept of modern Turkey as envisaged by Ataturk. However my friend is a hard core secularist and his opinions could be biased.

Turkey is a modern country with a large middle class and eventually will of the Turkish people should prevail. It is not for me to comment on what Turkish people eventually decide

All I pray for is that there should be no blood-shed. I love Turkey & Turkish people and will continue to do so regardless of what happens

FAking persians, egypts, Bd and shit zionists....

Coupe is failed go blow each other...

Erdogan fan

iwkdg8.gif

Seems like Erdogan will be hailed as a hero and will finally become the Sultan. @Maira La

people have stopped tanks from marching towards PM house....as per news reports

Turkey has gone crazy

Oh so when it happens in Pakistan it is good when it happens in Turkey it is bad? The Turkish Army is not a foreign army and they must have faced the same circumstances as Gen M faced in Pakistan when he took over and the whole army backed him

Seem an attempted coup. Lot of contradictory reports from news agencies.

Turkish military tanks surround Parliament

Overthrowing a democratically elected govt is wrong but for once I welcome it.
Even if the coup fails it will send the message to the political elements. Those who have dragged the country to disaster will have a opposition.

The way to send a message to political elements is through the ballot box.

Turkish army pulled out form Ataturk Airport. Hopefully sane people in army don't support this. The traitor who got a phone call from Israel and his buddies in the US White House should be tried and executed.

WOW large # of people are out in street,.... live stream.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom