What's new

so India isn't a muslim country

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameSparta500

New Recruit

Reaction score
i always thought India was islam... but from what i have been reading it seems like there is alot of
anti-islam/muslim sentiment within India..

is this true?

Many believe (mistakenly) that India is similar to its Islamic neighbors in having a state religion. This is however untrue. India is a secular country and is home to peoples of many different faiths. Hindusm and Buddhism were born in India and one can also find followers of Islam, Jainism, Sikhism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism as well as Judaism.

There is also very strong anti Christian sentiments in India!

Answer to your question is: you are damn right !!!

Hindu Attacks on Christians in India - YouTube

I was born and raised in India, and as a Christian was never discriminated against, i have good hindu and Muslim friends. Don't know where people get the notion that if you are from some other religion other than hindu you will be an out cast in India.

Many believe (mistakenly) that India is similar to its Islamic neighbors in having a state religion. This is however untrue. India is a secular country and is home to peoples of many different faiths. Hindusm and Buddhism were born in India and one can also find followers of Islam, Jainism, Sikhism, Christianity, Zoroastrianism as well as Judaism.

buddhism came from nepal, and plus, there was no such thing as 'india' before british united you into a country.

buddhism came from nepal, and plus, there was no such thing as 'india' before british united you into a country.

Buddha was born in Nepal(India-Nepal border). Buddhism was born in India.
Map_of_Nepal_showing_location_of_Lumbini.jpg

Bodh Gaya - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude though this is not the topic of the thread but your lot need some basic leaning-

If you know/follow Buddhism then you should be knowing a place in India called "Bodh Gaya" where Gautam Budh attained enlightenment and Buddhism was born.. Bodh Gaya in Bihar is still a hot and happening place for budhists all over the world..

Rest of your post all is usual garbage filled in your brain.. May be that's what you guys call IQ.. hmm.. Hope this post adds one more point to your IQ score..

^ nice try. buddism has nothing to do with india. it is a nepali religion.

I was born and raised in India, and as a Christian was never discriminated against, i have good hindu and Muslim friends. Don't know where people get the notion that if you are from some other religion other than hindu you will be an out cast in India.

I have worked with Indians in gulf and those which are not hindus, they cry when they mention their families in India.

Videos above are fraction of what is going on with low and out casts and it is official........ because i knew many upper casts as well.

Some facts how hindus gained and maintained control of India:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7JT-JKoylI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QHnHZXgtow&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EFwKvzUEIM&feature=related

Buddha was born in Nepal..

Buddhism was born in India.

Four main pilgrimage sites

Lumbini: birth place (in Nepal)
Bodh Gaya: the place of his Enlightenment (in the current Mahabodhi Temple).(in India)
Sarnath: (formally Isipathana) where he delivered his first teaching.(In India)
Kusinara: (now Kusinagar, India) where he died.

The Eight Great Places

The first four of the Eight Great Places are identical to the places mentioned by the Buddha:

Lumbini
Bodh Gaya(in India)
Sarnath(in India)
Kusinara(in India)

The last four are places where a certain miraculous event is reported to have occurred:

Sravasti(in India)
Rajgir(in India)
Sankasia(in India)
Vaishali(in India)

500px-India_relief_location_map.jpg

===========================
Atleast learn some thing before u blabber...Or u will look like a fool....

^ nice try. buddism has nothing to do with india. it is a nepali religion.

Tells about what's been taught to your likes.. Never mind believe what ever you want to as you guys are so used to fakes that you start creating fake history too.. :lol: you guys are simply amazing and try really well to prove what you really are..

india was just so happened to be the place where buddha was when he became enlightened. but he could have been anywhere for that to happen. like i said, india has nothing to do with buddism. stop trying to steal nepali's religion.

in fact, india hated buddism and banned it from the country. how many buddist are in india today? that's what i thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom