AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Sniper_by_lemuren.jpg

Reference:
http://www.f-16.net/news_article2333.html

Pakistan is the eighth international customer to join the U.S. Air Force and Air National Guard flying with Sniper ATP. The contract includes spares and training services. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.

"This sale culminates a two year combined effort by Lockheed Martin's Missiles and Fire Control and Aeronautics businesses to upgrade the precision attack capability of one of our key allies," said Ken Fuhr, director of Fixed Wing Targeting Programs at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. "Sniper continues to demonstrate exceptional performance in meeting the requirements and expectations of the Warfighter."

With deliveries beginning in 2008, the Pakistan Air Force will benefit from Sniper ATP's exceptional stability and superior imagery, allowing aircrews to perform intelligence, targeting, surveillance and reconnaissance missions from extended standoff ranges.

The Pakistan Air Force joins the U.K. Ministry of Defence; the Canadian Forces, the Royal Norwegian Air Force; the Polish Air and Air Defense Force; the Royal Air Force of Oman; the Belgium Defence; and other international customers with its selection of the Sniper ATP.

Sniper ATP is currently flying on the U.S. Air Force and multinational F- 15s, F-16s, F-18s, A-10s, B-1s and the Harrier GR9. Sniper ATPs have accumulated tens of thousands of flight hours in thousands of sorties in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.

Sniper incorporates a high-resolution, mid-wave third-generation forward- looking infrared (FLIR), a dual-mode laser permitting eye-safe operation in urban environments, a CCD-TV along with a laser spot tracker and a laser marker. Sniper is fully compatible with the latest J-series munitions and precision-guided weaponry. Its superior detection ranges are vital to pilots, helping keep them out of range of threat air defenses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its just mind bogling that such amazing technology will be used by our pilots vs terrorist entities of all shape and kind

We really deserved this in 90's for all our sacrifices for US sake and being part of the whole decade etc

The resolution of the images and the tracking is just top notch , surely this really is very impressive technology for Pakistan Airforce to conduct surgical strikes vs Terrorist

Cooperation of this high level really raises respct for the strategic cooperation between Pakistan and US :pakistan::usflag:

Just really its something that gives us a cutting edge to work with greater challenges , as the thermal images and night vision is fantastic to spot any intruders at night or anyone involved in cross border operations

I would like to see a Chinese version of this. Is there one out there?

Kiya baat hai , zabardust technology A grade , usage in real combat scenarios this time sunny deol can't escape we got the sniper targeting pod to find him

this is cool open it up and copy it then up grade it to fit a uav and put it on burraq ...lol sounds sweet but america chachoo ll be angryy...

Actually, Chinese are not that far behind when it comes to this technology as they have made FILAT targeting pod back in 90s with Israeli corporation and it was considered on par with Rafael Litening Pod.

In early 2000s, they were already designing advanced versions od FILAT and as of now, third generation is developed but is held under deep secrecy. One of my biggest concerns is whether China offered it to us with Thunder? I certainly hope so but will try to find out.

Some basic info is here

FILAT - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sniper is already on some of the existing PAF F-16s and is being used in FATA.

Has Pakistan Air Force Used LANTRIN pods on F16 before , i guess it was a standard equipment for MLU of Block15 F16 A/B, as part of upgrade package available to customer.
I am asking this bcoz what i know and read is that Pakistan air force used ATLIS pod for directing LGB's,
And I couldnt find any authentic source to confirm it.
And the version of Sniper that PAF will be getting- I mean PANTERA is the version of SNIPER that is for export.
Does this version carries NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT for Terrain Following. Or PAF is gonna use separate Navigation pod for that, something like AN/AAQ 13 which was used on F14.

Deal being if Sniper's export version is being provided to Pakistan .
Raytheon's AN/ASQ-228 Advanced Technology FLIR (ATFLIR) which is for Super hornet would have been much more lethal as its range , Laser designator , range finder , magnification , FLIR and CCd tv are Better than SNIPER's export version.
Thnx

Last edited:
Its fully loaded - bhiya .. bang bang bang ... there goes sunny deol can't escapte from Sniper Targeting Pod

Its fully loaded - bhiya .. bang bang bang ... there goes sunny deol can't escapte from Sniper Targeting Pod

:cheesy: LOL, why are you going behind Sunny Deol with an F-16 equipped with sniper targeting pod!!!

:cheesy: LOL, why are you going behind Sunny Deol with an F-16 equipped with sniper targeting pod!!!

because sunny deol can kill a 1000 pakistanis with his hands! uss kaa hath dhai kilo kaa hai

hahahaha

& this one is the scariest of all!!!

so we need ATP targeting pod because we can't fight him on the ground!! :cheesy:

Last edited by a moderator:
We need stealth feature also and BVR missile also so that he can't see us:rofl::rofl:

Back
Top Bottom