What's new

Smuggling of 60,000 liquor bottles from UAE to Pakistan foiled

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
KARACHI - The custom intelligence and Pakistan Maritime Security Agency (PMSA) during a joint operation foiled a bid to smuggle a huge quantity of liquor and nabbed nine accused.

Per details, the customs intelligence and PMSA on a tip off late on Monday night conducted raid at an Arabia Ser launch named Al-Khair. During the raid 60,000 bottles of liquor being smuggled from UAE to Pakistan were confiscated and nine accused were arrested.

A custom official said that “such a large quantity of foreign liquor has never been caught in the Pakistani maritime boundaries in the past
smuggling of 60,000 liquor bottles from UAE to Pakistan foiled | Pakistan Today | Latest news | Breaking news | Pakistan News | World news | Business | Sport and Multimedia

I think we should do something useful... legalize alcohol and still stop its sale by launching an agahi campaign about its ill-effects. Banning is a solution only for a weak and primitive mind which does not understand the craving banning something causes...

I think we should do something useful... legalize alcohol and still stop its sale by launching an agahi campaign about its ill-effects. Banning is a solution only for a weak and primitive mind which does not understand the craving banning something causes...

You actually mean to tell us that people are not aware of the side effects of alcohol consumption/tobacco smoking? We are living in the 21st Century, are we not?

You actually mean to tell us that people are not aware of the side effects of alcohol consumption/tobacco smoking? We are living in the 21st Century, are we not?

But guilt can be a useful tool. In either case I believe banning is no solution. Its the solution of a weak and stupid mind and it just goes on to show we are insecure as a people to foreign influences. If we were strong our culture might have been dominating them.

How do you "legalize Alcohol" in an Islamic Country?

But guilt can be a useful tool. In either case I believe banning is no solution. Its the solution of a weak and stupid mind and it just goes on to show we are insecure as a people to foreign influences. If we were strong our culture might have been dominating them.

On the contrary, what's actually stupid is, the idea that anyone in the world would voluntarily stop drinking, gambling, smoking, indulging in adultery and even crimes.....this is why we have laws and constitutions around the world. Even in countries where drinking is legal there are laws which allow or prohibit drinking in public places, or driving while drunk etc.

Wouldn't it actually be better to start an awareness campaign how consumption of alcohol is illegal???

It was actually 60001 ;)

Thodi si so jee li hai
CHori toh nahi ki hai :rofl:

Smuggling of liquors ??????????

I think already liquors are sold in Pakistan.although its consumption is allowed only to non muslims but vendor would not ask any ones religion before giving him bottle.

@Imran Khan Ab samjha where you have been busy these day. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
On the contrary, what's actually stupid is, the idea that anyone in the world would voluntarily stop drinking, gambling, smoking, indulging in adultery and even crimes.....this is why we have laws and constitutions around the world. Even in countries where drinking is legal there are laws which allow or prohibit drinking in public places, or driving while drunk etc.

Wouldn't it actually be better to start an awareness campaign how consumption of alcohol is illegal???

See? What did I say? There are moolahs in the agencies and then we liberals get all the flak from the same agencies for criticizing USA's policy. I do not believe so. The world is advancing and we want to regress. No one bans things anymore except Islamic Repupublics and dictatorships something we have regularly been seeing in Pakistan and Islamic states. I don't know why we don't try to dominate others with our culture instead of being afraid of "corrupting Western influences"...

It is time to accept that we are culturally and morally in decline. Banning is the worst thing that can be done. It means you have surrendered and accepted defeat, accepted that your culture is weak and people will naturally be drawn to things other than your religion.

Let us agree to disagree here since our debate never does anything useful.

How do you "legalize Alcohol" in an Islamic Country?

It has been done. Azerbaijan, Turkey? And each of the said countries is coming closer to Islam with time. Even Uzbekistan now has 25,000 mosques while it once had 300 during Soviet times when religion was repressed. The point is when religion is imposed through the barrel of the gun (the law is in its favor) it never works. This is what we are seeing in Pakistan. Religion being imposed has made us sharabi kababi. :lol:

I am not kidding. If I was okay I would be partying to the fullest. Religion being imposed, bans on alcohol being imposed all come when you are weak and they never bring anyone close to religion. Do check out my article on atheism in Pakistan and how violence or imposition of ideals costs in driving people away from religion.

See? What did I say? There are moolahs in the agencies and then we liberals get all the flak from the same agencies for criticizing USA's policy. I do not believe so. The world is advancing and we want to regress. No one bans things anymore except Islamic Repupublics and dictatorships something we have regularly been seeing in Pakistan and Islamic states. I don't know why we don't try to dominate others with our culture instead of being afraid of "corrupting Western influences"...

I am not certain how relevant your post is to the discussion, however I must bring to your attention the ban on smoking in public places all around the world.......do you consider that regress? Because they are doing the exact same thing, just with a different substance, that we are doing with alcohol albeit barring any limits what so ever. Why does not the 'advanced world', instead of banning public smoking, start an awareness drive how public smoking is injurious to health, of all effected, in general?

You say it's just the Islamic states that ban substances, however the last I checked there were many illegal substances all around the world......heroine is just one example that immediately pops in mind. So it's not just the Islamic world that bans substances, right? Even in Switzerland, contrabands carry capital punishments/death sentences.

Now that we have established the fact that all countries of the world ban things depending on their requirements and the demand of the society let’s focus on other things. What is western culture, how does one define western culture? It's open, progressive, usually moderate and independent. Drugs, alcohol, nudity and indulgence in immoral activities are not only promoted, they are legal too. Is that what you want in your society? Is that the kind of moderation you want in Pakistan?

It is time to accept that we are culturally and morally in decline. Banning is the worst thing that can be done. It means you have surrendered and accepted defeat, accepted that your culture is weak and people will naturally be drawn to things other than your religion.

Let us agree to disagree here since our debate never does anything useful.

Hmm……I wonder if you are mixing culture with religion in your post up there because both are significantly different. Are you speaking of the culture of the sub continent or of Muslim states? Because our culture is more influenced by India, in general, then any Muslim country. It is perhaps, because, we have lived together for so many years

It has been done. Azerbaijan, Turkey? And each of the said countries is coming closer to Islam with time. Even Uzbekistan now has 25,000 mosques while it once had 300 during Soviet times when religion was repressed. The point is when religion is imposed through the barrel of the gun (the law is in its favor) it never works. This is what we are seeing in Pakistan. Religion being imposed has made us sharabi kababi. :lol:

I am not kidding. If I was okay I would be partying to the fullest. Religion being imposed, bans on alcohol being imposed all come when you are weak and they never bring anyone close to religion. Do check out my article on atheism in Pakistan and how violence or imposition of ideals costs in driving people away from religion.

I disagree with your assumption that imposition of religion takes you away from religion. Besides, Islam does not leave any doubt that Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) was sent to bring good news but also to scare us into submission. Good news as in Heaven and scary part being Hell. And Hell is no joke, the more you understand how punishments work and how we are accountable for every little thing we do in life, the more you submit to Islam........because at the end of the day, whatever our hearts desire and more, will come our way in Heaven, through the blessings of Allah.

I have spent 5 years of my youth in Australia where I was free to do anything I wanted. My religion kept me under control, who does not like girls, parties and overall fun? I'd rather wait for it all, to get it in Heaven, then otherwise. So basically it is inside you, you are either on the right path or you are not, in which case you have to be forced on the right path. I mean even parents do that to us, for our own sake. Hope you get my point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom