ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Six suicide bombers attack Bannu police station
By Web Desk
Published: February 14, 2013
507260-Suicidevest-1360819382-774-640x480.jpg

BANNU: At least one army officer was injured when around six suicide bombers blew themselves up on a police station in Bannu on Thursday, reported Express News.

Security forces imposed a curfew in the area after the incident and started a search operation.

Police also recovered eight Kalashnikovs, 13 hand grenades and one suicide jacket from the attackers.

Around 50 officers were present inside the station when the attack took place, while more officers were called in for the search operation.

Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Bannu Nisar Tanoli confirmed that the area was declared clear after the search operation.

6 suicide bombers and only one death???epic failure on their part.
good that only one of them was injured.

wish him speedy recovery.

Probably it shows that ttp has so many suicide bombers they don't even care how best to utilize them.

6 suicide bombers and only 1 guy injured ? ...that's a fail of EPIC proportions....

Sorry that your tools failed. Shall we line our men out next time so the casualties could be as per your wishes. Pathetic.

6 suicide bombers and only one death???

anyways,good that only one of them was injured.

wish him speedy recovery.

What is up with yall.

Sorry that your tools failed. Shall we line our men out next time so the casualties could be as per your wishes. Pathetic.

What is up with yall.
what is up??i was just wondering how 6 suicide members could injure only one guy.an epic failure on their part.

and i wished the officer a speedy recovery.anything wrong??

what is up??i was just wondering how 6 suicide members could injure only one guy.an epic failure on their part.

and i wished the officer a speedy recovery.anything wrong??

Yes you and one more wondering that how come there is only one injury, that is wrong the way it looks. I hope ur intentions were as you say they were.

Some people are soo delutional with hate they cant even see a straight joke ....

BANNU: Six militants believed to be suicide bombers were killed and one policeman was injured as police countered a huge attack by militants on the Maryan police station in Frontier Region Bannu in the wee hours of Thursday.

District Police Officer Nisar Tanoli said the attack on the police station had been successfully encountered and six militants were killed.

He said five suicide bombers had been killed by the security forces during the encounter while the sixth blew himself up when he was holed up inside the police station.

On the losses incurred by the police, he said only one policeman was injured in the attack and slight damage came to the police station’s walls but the law enforcement agencies had successfully foiled the attack.

The outlawed Tehrik-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) claimed responsibility for the suicide mission on the police station.

Speaking to Dawn.com, TTP spokesman Ehsanullah Ehsan said the group’s fighters had attacked the police station but refused to disclose the number of attackers. Ehsan added all the attackers were “suicide bombers and would fight until martyrdom”.

He said the attack was launched to avenge the killings of TTP fighters in custody and whose bodies were thrown in Miramshah.

The TTP spokesman said the number of attackers was not as high as being claimed by security agencies but said they had inflicted huge losses on the police and security forces.

Official sources quoted intelligence officials as saying that the militants had fired rockets and stormed into the police station which led to an ensuing gun battle between security forces and the attackers.

During the gun-battle, security forces claimed to have killed at least four suicide bombers while the intelligence sources say the militants blew themselves up causing huge damage inside the police station.

The officials believe though exact number of the attackers is being ascertained, the initial reports said they might be five to six in number as the gun battle is still going on inside the police station.

Another security official claimed that two suicide bombers were blown to pieces as security forces on guard duty challenged and shot at them.

Reinforcements had also been called in and both police and paramilitary troops had taken positions.

After the Bannu jail break incident last year, the militants had again launched a coordinated attack on another police station in the district, the bordering settled town of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province with North Waziristan Agency, believed to be a safe heaven for Al Qaeda and Taliban fighters.

Separately, militants launched a rocket attack on a security check post near the Gurgur Gas oil field but the militants managed to escape after the security forces repulsed the attack.

Six militants killed in attack on Bannu police station | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

^ fail at false hope

I expected better comments from you, at least a better understanding of my post..but that's too much to ask... some of you folks are hell bent on finding things wrong about India and Indians... :hitwall:

Yes you and one more wondering that how come there is only one injury, that is wrong the way it looks. I hope ur intentions were as you say they were.

oh,i am sorry if you thought that it was like that.

This year these types of incidences are too frequent in your country. Who claimed the responsibility for this incident?

Back
Top Bottom