What's new

Singapore starts to reopen for travel, as ‘zero covid’ clips wings of rival Hong Kong

This post look like a funny post now looking at what is happening in Singapore.

This post look like a funny post now looking at what is happening in Singapore.

Unfortunately GoS is super effective in brainwashing people and diverting attention. Up to now, there are not many people holding them accountable.

In case people get really angry, GoS always has a special weapon -- suddenly a Chinese racist will vandalizing mosque or hindu temple. Then entire Singapore start bashing Chinese racists.

And yet Singapore has 76 total deaths out of total 86K cases, while HK has 213 deaths out of 12K cases.

View attachment 780300View attachment 780302

FYI our overall death rate since last year is around 0.09%, and around 0.01% for the fully vaccinated. In comparison, the seasonal flu has an estimated death rate of around 0.1% in the US.

View attachment 780307

Singapore's extremely low fatality rate shows that 'living with Covid' is not the wrong approach, especially when 82% of our population are already fully vaccinated.

We're tightening restrictions not really because to save lives from covid, but to reduce pressure on our healthcare system because we're still quarantining a large chunk of patients even when they are asymptomatic or have mild symptoms. We're buying time to stabilize and disseminate information on new healthcare protocols.

It's poor planning beforehand by the government, but we're still heading towards the general direction of 'living with covid'.

Symptoms for covid19 is much more severe compared to the common cold. Also there are studies that show high risks of developing long covid even after being fully vaccinated. Singapore's decided to put economy over health and that's Singapore's decision. However, you can't fault HK for putting public health over economy.

Worse there are lots of anti vax in Singapore over represented by Christian. I have been receiving message in Telegram from Christians going ballistic against vaccine, and linking covid to 5G. Many Christian are Chinese are they buy in all theory that covid is from Chinese bat.

Christian churches now turn heretic and subversive.

Many Christians are stupid and really these Chinese Christian hate China, like the most shameless whore spreading legs to white man.

I am doing RF/microwave day in day out and all these Christians are trying to convince me 5G is harmful.

Last edited:
Symptoms for covid19 is much more severe compared to the common cold. Also there are studies that show high risks of developing long covid even after being fully vaccinated. Singapore's decided to put economy over health and that's Singapore's decision. However, you can't fault HK for putting public health over economy.

True, but keep in mind OC43 which is now a common cold virus used to be very deadly when it caused the 1889 to 1890 pandemic that killed 1 million out of 1 billion globally. SARS CoV 2 is much milder than SARS CoV 1, with a kill rate of 0.3% compared to 10%. People used to infect themselves with cowpox which has kill rate 1% to protect themselves from smallpox which has kill rate 30%. If SARS CoV 1 is still around, people be infecting themselves with SARS CoV 2 for protection.

It's going to take many years for SARS CoV 2 to become another common cold virus due to heavy restrictions, but it'll get there.

I believe SARS CoV 2 will end the Chinese communist party. China will go bankrupt with unending tests, vax to fight this virus China can never beat. As soon as China lets in foreigners China will have to lockdown. The rest of the world will be heavily infected even if China does not have covid.

Last edited:
Singapore's decided to put economy over health and that's Singapore's decision. However, you can't fault HK for putting public health over economy.

Where did you find me faulting HK?

the article you opened the thread is full of people criticizing HK's Covid response.

That doesn't mean I can't understand why HK is going for zero-covid, and it's not really just to save lives like you put it so simply "health over economy". I shared the article because there's the other side of the coin; the price to pay for zero covid is isolation from the rest of the world. Just like the price to pay for opening up is an increase in cases and deaths attributed to Covid, like in SG.

My own opinion, which I have already posted in a reply to you in the first page, is that HK relies heavily on mainland China. Economically, they probably have more incentive to reconnect with the mainland than with the rest of the world.

It makes sense for China to pursue 'zero covid' at the moment because they are largely self-sufficient and infection rates are still low enough to quash it down. The cost of pursuing 'zero covid' is still lower than reopening and loosening domestic restrictions.

The cost is much higher for HK. But it still makes sense for them to pursue 'zero covid' because they rely more on mainland China than on the rest of the world. They need to pursue the same strategy as mainland China, otherwise they can't connect with the mainland. That will be at the expense of international travel though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom