What's new

Sindh ahead in non-payment of bills, Punjab in electricity and gas theft

Meesna

Reaction score
اسلام آباد / ملتان: بجلی اور گیس کی چوری میں پنجاب دیگر صوبوں کی دوڑ میں سب سے آگے نکل گیا جبکہ بلز کی عدم ادائیگی میں سندھ کا پہلا نمبر ہے۔

چوروں کو پکڑنے کا آپریشن جاری ہے، ایف آئی اے نے 100 سے زائدمقدمات درج کر لیے۔ حکومت نے بجلی اور گیس چوروں کو پکڑنے کی ذمہ داری ایف آئی اے کو سونپی تو ٹاسک فورس کے سربراہ حسین اصغر کی قیادت میں آپریشن کا آغاز کر دیا گیا۔ اب تک 100 سے زائد بجلی اور گیس چور پکڑے جا چکے ہیں۔ ایف آئی اے کے مطابق وسطی پنجاب کے اضلا ع بجلی اور گیس چوری کے تمام ریکارڈ توڑ چکے ہیں۔ ورسٹ پرفارمنگ ڈسکوز میں سب سے پہلے سکھر اور حیسکو ہیں۔ لااینڈ آرڈر کی وجہ سے کوئٹہ اور کے پی آتا ہے چوری جہاں زیادہ ہوتی ہے اس میں سینٹرل پنجاب کے ڈسکو ز،گوجرانوالہ ، فیصل آباد ، لاہور ورسٹ کنڈیشن میں ہیں۔

بلز کی عدم ادائیگی میں سندھ، بجلی، گیس چوری میں پنجاب آگے – ایکسپریسس اردو

@Meesna - Translate this stub into English please!

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to find an English link but could not. It says;

The government is cracking down on gas and electricity theft and Punjab has turned out to be worst offender in both. Sindh is number 1 for non-bill payment.

Operations to catch electricity thieves is under way. FIA has registered more than 100 cases.

The government gave the responsibility to catch thieves to the FIA which formed a task force under the aegis of Hussain Asghar. Till now, 100 gas and electricity thieves have been caught. According to FIA, districts in central Punjab have broken all records Gujranwala, Lahore and Faisalabad had the worst consumers.

Sukkur tops the list of worst performing tescos along with Quetta and KP due to the law and order situation there.

More about the background here: FIA awarded special powers to prosecute electricity thieves – The Express Tribune

I tried to find an English link but could not. It says;

The government is cracking down on gas and electricity theft and Punjab has turned out to be worst offender in both. Sindh is number 1 for non-bill payment.

Crackdowns usually last for about three months, then it is business as usual after that. This too shall pass.

This theft has been going on for years and even decades. The Punjabi government did not do anything about it in Punjab until they came into power in the centre too so as not to give help to the PPP government. It did not matter how much of a loss it is to the rest of the provinces who give their valuable resources to Punjab at the cost of their own poverty. Punjabis are a real greedy, selfish and contemptuous towards other people bunch. They have ruined the country with this attitude of theirs.

@Meesna hahaha at last you are of some use, well find bro

@hasnain0099 what do you say bro?

i kept repeating that non payment of bills is not related to electricity theft, but you still kept blaming Karachi for all your ills

i kept saying that if in punjab 9 people steal electricity but one pays the bill that punjab will still have 100% electricity payment

if sindh had like 5 out of ten non paying consumers then even though 5 still pay for the electricity sindh will be considered the bigger thief

Last edited by a moderator:
we need task force to catch them they are worse then animals no matter whom they are

missing leading headline, the actual headline is" Punjab leads in theft, while sindh is leading in non payment of bills...."

missing leading headline, the actual headline is" Punjab leads in theft, while sindh is leading in non payment of bills...."

Oh c'mon, you got to post a little more on this issue. And for love's sake, keep in mind 6 time rule of N-League for about 2 decades in Punjab while enlightening us on this matter.. If a party was unable to do any sh!t about this issue after ruling a province 6 times, then what should we call that party??? And you label PTI as most evil party in whole universe because its allegedly failed to deliver in 2 months as per you guys..

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

Operations to catch electricity thieves is under way. FIA has registered more than 100 cases.

The government gave the responsibility to catch thieves to the FIA which formed a task force under the aegis of Hussain Asghar. Till now, 100 gas and electricity thieves have been caught. According to FIA, districts in central Punjab have broken all records Gujranwala, Lahore and Faisalabad had the worst consumers.

Sukkur tops the list of worst performing tescos along with Quetta and KP due to the law and order situation there.

More about the background here: FIA awarded special powers to prosecute electricity thieves – The Express Tribune

So for once FIA doing his job mean there is more electricity theft in Punjab? The way some people lose their mind when it comes to Punjab is amazing, whats next Karachi give 70% of revenues to Pakistan? Another myth which keep going on and on. Last month report clearly showed which provinces steal more electricity.

I thought when it came to collection rates Punjab was ahead and in fact there were providing some of their share to power Sindh/Karachi (which makes sense given all the vital industry)

at least that was my impression

theft, non-payment, corruption, nepotism, mismanagement......we see this theme quite often in various sectors --whether it be power generation, railways, PIA, etc. Sad state of affairs.

I thought when it came to collection rates Punjab was ahead and in fact there were providing some of their share to power Sindh/Karachi (which makes sense given all the vital industry)

at least that was my impression

theft, non-payment, corruption, nepotism, mismanagement......we see this theme quite often in various sectors --whether it be power generation, railways, PIA, etc. Sad state of affairs.

your knowledge is very basic my dear, punjab doesnt provides its share to Sindh/Karachi infact gets share from other provinces

Karachi is run by independent private organisation which is not connected to the government, and infact KESC buys more expensive electricity at higher electricity rates from PEPCO or WAPDA

Punjab gets both electricity and gas from other provinces like azad kashmir, KPK, Balochistan and Sindh

Sindh generates 70% of the gas, and KPK has immense hydro power like tarbela dam

Back
Top Bottom