What's new

Sincere Opinion on Sale of Gifted Watch to Imran Khan !!

Would you Sell such a unique priceless gift ?

• Maybe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Laozi

Reaction score
Country
India
Had you been gifted this priceless watch.

Would you sell this watch?

watch IM.jpg

If I were a Head of State, I will give to the State Treasury and ask them to dispose it off for the best price and keep the proceeds for the treasury. Because it is truly a Gift to the State, and the Head of State just represents the State. He is not the State (except in absolute monarchies).

If I were a Head of State, I will give to the State Treasury and ask them to dispose it off for the best price and keep the proceeds for the treasury. Because it is truly a Gift to the State, and the Head of State just represents the State. He is not the State (except in absolute monarchies).
It was a gift from a Monarch to a Head of estate who happens to be a friend too (remember IK drove MBS himself as a gesture of friendship). So, the gift was somewhat personal in nature.

In idealistic situation, yes, he should just deposit in state treasury. Unfortunately, Pakistans political culture is far from ideal. All our leaders have taken gifts from the gift treasury. If you leave said gifts in toshakhana, the next PM can always just come and take it too. In most circumstances, they don’t even declare the gifts that they receive. Neither PMs of the past or army leadership of present.

The other aspect of this which is being forgotten is that he sold the watches to raise money to fix the roads in his locality. If he had made his residence a field office like the Sharifs have done for Jati Umrah, it would have cost the state much more but gotten the deed done too. But he chose to sell a gift to do this instead.

Also, his will already bequeaths his estate to the state when he dies. So fixing the road in his residence is actually benefitting the state anyways.

It was a gift from a Monarch to a Head of estate who happens to be a friend too (remember IK drove MBS himself as a gesture of friendship). So, the gift was somewhat personal in nature.
Doesn't matter. Caesar's wife should be above suspicion. Imagine, he had donated the gifts to the treasury and asked the proceeds to be used for some public purpose like building a school or college. What would that publicity do to him and how he would be faring politically? Would he be standing on a metal box and crying hoarse about "Cipher"?

Had you been gifted this priceless watch.

Would you sell this watch?

View attachment 898167
yes, nigga. i got bills to pay. what am i, going to show PTCL this watch and they'll forgo the bills?

Doesn't look good on him

I think it's his wife who is doing all that shit (and he knows)
cmon man, you falling for that shit too?
I am not one for cheesy one-liners but the dude can sign a shirt and it sells for tens of millions. He's already willed his estate to charity. And he is undoubtedly not a show off like these other buggers, so it's beyond me why he'd be interested in this shit or let "pinki peerni" do such stuff that he is not interested in and that will also damage his impeccable reputation. look at how the critters are having a blast over a fking watch.

Problem is way it was sold ...I can't believe some one miscalculated the price that much...angered the saudis

yes, nigga. i got bills to pay. what am i, going to show PTCL this watch and they'll forgo the bills?
btw nigga, such gifts are not given to a guy whose primary worry is electricity bill. Anyways your problems and priorities seem genuine.

btw nigga, such gifts are not given to a guy whose primary worry is electricity bill. Anyways your problems and priorities seem genuine.
Well, you asked what would one of us do, if given this watch. Your presumption didn't include the fact that we'd be prime minister of Pakistan too. Just that we'd be getting the watch.
1668848254667.png

Back to topic, I don't think the guy cares about watches and other pompous shit. it's a non-issue for him. he's already willed his entire estate to charity. so why would he keep a watch the he won't wear not pass down to his heirs and it'd inevitably be donated to charity. he sold the watch and built a public road in his locality from the proceeds. this is from my post above.
cmon man, you falling for that shit too?
I am not one for cheesy one-liners but the dude can sign a shirt and it sells for tens of millions. He's already willed his estate to charity. And he is undoubtedly not a show off like these other buggers, so it's beyond me why he'd be interested in this shit or let "pinki peerni" do such stuff that he is not interested in and that will also damage his impeccable reputation. look at how the critters are having a blast over a fking watch.

#1. These gift to head of States could have tiny spy sensors or listing bugs in them. It’s not uncommon for countries to do such stuff. So they should go directly to storage for atleast the term of the govt.

#2. Once Gift are cleared of any spy gadget, which may or may not be caught by lumber #1. Politician who it was gifted should be able to repurchased, as long as he is not head of state.

#3. Politician should be barred from reselling those gift. They can only buy them if they plan on using them.

Back
Top Bottom