What's new

Since Earliest Historical Times Hinduism Was Never Popular in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
If one worships an image of Shiva in a temple, it's idol worship and if one does the same in a Church or Dargah, it isn't? Doesn't Islam explicitly forbid idolizing mortals? Then why visit the grave of saints as part of a religious devotion?

Anyways, Ignorant statements hurt,don't they. If you're ready to dish out cr@p, be ready to receive them in equal measure.

May i know which ignorant statement hurt your lil heart?

You should read more about Islam before making such stupid comparison. Visiting graves is not part of religious obligation and people visit graves to pray for dead ones and for pious people or saints. They don't visit graves to worship graves or saints. They don't consider saints as image of God and all such BS. There are few idiot who go to extreme on such mazaar and dargah but its because of illiteracy and ignorance about teaching of Islam. Hinduism also influences some people villagers especially in India where they live side by side with Hindus and still have believe in certain superstitions of Hinduism

my view is also different , i am happy that Pakistan never been land of Hindu or Hinduism was less popular in Pakistan
trust me what you are calming, i am 100% agree with you
Lets recount the major historical events from the earliest history of Pakistan to understand the relation of this land with various religions till it became majority Muslim.

The Indus Valley Civilization which emanated from Mehrgarh (7000 BC) in Balochistan reached its peak between 2500-1900 BC. Though the religion of these people has not been deciphered so far, it is generally assumed that they were monotheists. The fading out of this civilization was also presumed to have resulted in evolution of Rig Veda, the earliest Vedic scripture which many attribute as primarily monotheistic in nature. Indus Valley Civilization ended by 1300 BC. The Iron Age period can be taken to last roughly form 1200 to 300 BC. Most of the Vedic period (excepting the earliest phase of the core of the Rig Veda) falls within the early part of the Iron Age (12th to 6th centuries BC) and is therefore referred to by the Indians as a historical and geographical record, as no other historic records are available. However, there are various Indian Hindu religiously inclined scholars who state that Rig Veda should not be cited as historical and geographical references.

Alexander’s Indian campaign began in 326 BC in the territory of Indus by defeating Porus. Many historians relate it to the Dasarajna (Battle of ten kings) between the Purus and Bharatas as explained in Rig Veda. Those of us who have travelled on motorway M2 from Lahore to Islamabad/Rawalpindi do break journey at Bhera, a city which is over 2300 years old. This is the city which is cited as the probable location of this battle.

In 321 BC, Chandragupta Maurya founded the Mauryan Empire in India and conquered the areas under Greek rule during the Seleucid–Mauryan war (305-303 BC). The Mauryan Empire is generally said to be followers of Shiva and were probably Shaivites (monotheists). Their ruler Chandragut Maurya later converted to Jainism (monotheist). Later the ruler Ashoka became a Buddhist and it was also declared as a state religion. Mauryan Empire ruled from 322-185 BC.

Kushan Empire ruled between Ist and 3rd century BC in parts of Afghanistan and general area Taxila near Islamabad, Pakistan. The Kushans adopted elements of the Hellenistic culture of Bactria and emanated from Amu Darya area in eastern Afghanistan. Various Kushan emperors represented a wide variety of faiths including Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, and possibly Shaivism (monotheists).

The kingdom known as Kabul Shahi comprising parts of Afghanistan and Taxila ruled between 565 and 879 AD when they had Kapisa and Kabul as their capitals, and later as Hindu Shahi. The Shahis of Kabul/Kandahar are generally divided into the two eras of the so-called Buddhist-Shahis and the so-called Hindu-Shahis, with the change-over thought to have occurred sometime around 870 AD. During the 7th and 8th centuries AD the Pashtun Buddhists of the same areas also predominated the populations of Sindh and parts of Punjab as well.

When Mohammad Bin Qasim attacked Sindh in 712 AD, he was supported by Jats, Meds and Buddhists against Raja Dahir. The rulers in Sindh were high cast Brahmins who ill-treated majority population consisting of Buddhists. Thus Raja Dahir was decisively defeated. This has been mentioned in Chach Nama. The religious demography of this area is therefore clearly indicative of this fact that though in certain time periods when the rulers were Brahmin Hindus, majority population did not generally follow the religion of rulers except during the early and later Mauryan period.

From the 8th century to the 9th century AD, many inhabitants of what is present-day Afghanistan, Pakistan, and areas of northern India were converted to Sunni Islam. It is surmised from the writings of Al Biruni that around 1100 AD, some Pashtuns living in Pakhtunkhwa (present-day western Pakistan) and the neighbourhood of Sindh (ie Indus) valley had not been completely converted to Islam. Al Biruni, writing in Tarikh al Hind, also alludes to the Pashtun tribes of Pakhtunkhwa as Hindus. The word Hindu in those days alluded to the people living in a geographical location known as Al-Hind and not those who were followers of Hinduism, which was a much later characterization. In actual fact, majority of these Pashtuns were Buddhists at that time and the remaining were shaivites (monotheists). Gradually most of them came within the folds of Islam.

One aspect clearly stands out as a historical fact is that a large majority of the people living in the landmass of Indus Valley Civilization and current day Pakistan, for most part of known history since earliest times, largely followed Buddhism and Islam as their main religion and not polytheist Hinduism. And those who followed Vedic culture followed a monotheistic format instead of the later diluted polytheist culture based Hinduism.
my view is also different , i am happy that Pakistan never been land of Hindu or Hinduism was less popular in Pakistan

Pakistan has pre-islamic history which will be mention in history books always just like many arabs has pagan and pre-islamic history but its not something we are proud off . Pakistani people are not followers of Hinduism and we came out of ignorance; superstitions and cowardice beliefs

Are you sure since Punjabis except Sikhs i.e. Punjabi Muslim don't have any empire in their history and started fantasizing empires of foreign invaders. :omghaha::omghaha:

Since earliest historical times Hinduism was never popular in Pakistan? But I thought Pakistan came into being only in 1947? :what: Someone needs to see a shrink, pronto!! And it ain't me!! :P

Alligator-identity-crisis_large.jpg

Oh please do pray hard enough otherwise you may be reincarnated as a mermaid. 
Since earliest historical times Hinduism was never popular in Pakistan? But I thought Pakistan came into being only in 1947? :what: Someone needs to see a shrink, pronto!! And it ain't me!! :P

The land that is called Pakistan was named by the Meluhha who occupied this land since the earliest times. And this land remained a separate entity since the earliest times as it is now. 

Thank you for the mutual compliment.

Last edited:
The land that is called Pakistan was named by the Meluhha who occupied this land since the earliest times. And this land remained a separate entity since the earliest times as it is now.
Wrong! Only parts were what is included in Pakistan today. Check it out here....

Harappa-Sumer.jpg

Wrong! Only parts were what is included in Pakistan today. Check it out here....

Please do pick the right map for display which can correctly describe the expanse of IVC and not an uninformed scribble.

All of Pakistan covers the extant of Indus Valley Civilization and the core of this civilization rests in Pakistan. Contrarily, India only have a limited spill over due to British drawn borders in 1947 and yet have the temerity to wrongfully claim an identity which is not theirs. Please do find out who most of you people are instead of stealing some else' identity.

IVC Map.png

Lets recount the major historical events from the earliest history of Pakistan to understand the relation of this land with various religions till it became majority Muslim.

The Indus Valley Civilization which emanated from Mehrgarh (7000 BC) in Balochistan reached its peak between 2500-1900 BC. Though the religion of these people has not been deciphered so far, it is generally assumed that they were monotheists. The fading out of this civilization was also presumed to have resulted in evolution of Rig Veda, the earliest Vedic scripture which many attribute as primarily monotheistic in nature. Indus Valley Civilization ended by 1300 BC. The Iron Age period can be taken to last roughly form 1200 to 300 BC. Most of the Vedic period (excepting the earliest phase of the core of the Rig Veda) falls within the early part of the Iron Age (12th to 6th centuries BC) and is therefore referred to by the Indians as a historical and geographical record, as no other historic records are available. However, there are various Indian Hindu religiously inclined scholars who state that Rig Veda should not be cited as historical and geographical references.

Alexander’s Indian campaign began in 326 BC in the territory of Indus by defeating Porus. Many historians relate it to the Dasarajna (Battle of ten kings) between the Purus and Bharatas as explained in Rig Veda. Those of us who have travelled on motorway M2 from Lahore to Islamabad/Rawalpindi do break journey at Bhera, a city which is over 2300 years old. This is the city which is cited as the probable location of this battle.

In 321 BC, Chandragupta Maurya founded the Mauryan Empire in India and conquered the areas under Greek rule during the Seleucid–Mauryan war (305-303 BC). The Mauryan Empire is generally said to be followers of Shiva and were probably Shaivites (monotheists). Their ruler Chandragut Maurya later converted to Jainism (monotheist). Later the ruler Ashoka became a Buddhist and it was also declared as a state religion. Mauryan Empire ruled from 322-185 BC.

Kushan Empire ruled between Ist and 3rd century BC in parts of Afghanistan and general area Taxila near Islamabad, Pakistan. The Kushans adopted elements of the Hellenistic culture of Bactria and emanated from Amu Darya area in eastern Afghanistan. Various Kushan emperors represented a wide variety of faiths including Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, and possibly Shaivism (monotheists).

The kingdom known as Kabul Shahi comprising parts of Afghanistan and Taxila ruled between 565 and 879 AD when they had Kapisa and Kabul as their capitals, and later as Hindu Shahi. The Shahis of Kabul/Kandahar are generally divided into the two eras of the so-called Buddhist-Shahis and the so-called Hindu-Shahis, with the change-over thought to have occurred sometime around 870 AD. During the 7th and 8th centuries AD the Pashtun Buddhists of the same areas also predominated the populations of Sindh and parts of Punjab as well.

When Mohammad Bin Qasim attacked Sindh in 712 AD, he was supported by Jats, Meds and Buddhists against Raja Dahir. The rulers in Sindh were high cast Brahmins who ill-treated majority population consisting of Buddhists. Thus Raja Dahir was decisively defeated. This has been mentioned in Chach Nama. The religious demography of this area is therefore clearly indicative of this fact that though in certain time periods when the rulers were Brahmin Hindus, majority population did not generally follow the religion of rulers except during the early and later Mauryan period.

From the 8th century to the 9th century AD, many inhabitants of what is present-day Afghanistan, Pakistan, and areas of northern India were converted to Sunni Islam. It is surmised from the writings of Al Biruni that around 1100 AD, some Pashtuns living in Pakhtunkhwa (present-day western Pakistan) and the neighbourhood of Sindh (ie Indus) valley had not been completely converted to Islam. Al Biruni, writing in Tarikh al Hind, also alludes to the Pashtun tribes of Pakhtunkhwa as Hindus. The word Hindu in those days alluded to the people living in a geographical location known as Al-Hind and not those who were followers of Hinduism, which was a much later characterization. In actual fact, majority of these Pashtuns were Buddhists at that time and the remaining were shaivites (monotheists). Gradually most of them came within the folds of Islam.

One aspect clearly stands out as a historical fact is that a large majority of the people living in the landmass of Indus Valley Civilization and current day Pakistan, for most part of known history since earliest times, largely followed Buddhism and Islam as their main religion and not polytheist Hinduism. And those who followed Vedic culture followed a monotheistic format instead of the later diluted polytheist culture based Hinduism.
No wonder Pakistani historians have no International Standing. Fine you left Hinduism and got enlightened and all blah blah but this ridiculous denial? I mean without Indus, Hinduism would be grossly incomplete!

No wonder Pakistani historians have no International Standing. Fine you left Hinduism and got enlightened and all blah blah but this ridiculous denial? I mean without Indus, Hinduism would be grossly incomplete!

You may like to discuss this with Mr. Tarun Vijay who was editor of the RSS weekly Panchajanya.

Tarun Vijay laments over the loss of the Indus and wonders why it does not flow in Bharat like the other rivers in a Class IX Indian school text book.

http://www.frontline.in/static/html/fl1523/15230140.htm

Some other Pakistanis were distributing wisdom that Gandhara had no history of Hinduism further claiming Gandhara was not related to Indian civilization. :rofl::rofl::rofl: 
You may like to discuss this with Mr. Tarun Vijay who was editor of the RSS weekly Panchajanya.

Tarun Vijay laments over the loss of the Indus and wonders why it does not flow in Bharat like the other rivers in a Class IX Indian school text book.

Indus flows in India even before it enters Pakistan.

Arabs were no match for neighbouring civilizations' literature, sculpture, music , dance so they intelligently created a religion that prohibits any cultural expressions and now the civilizations that excelled in them are shunning their own thanks to them...

Same story got repeated when Spanish catholic bishops burnt all the religious books of mayans...
If you cant beat them.. burn them!!

No I don't. Are you some RSS fanatic who reads, listens to and smells every RSS fart? What a Tom, Dick or Harry wonders is of NO significance to what happened in the past.

Indians continuously and incessantly talk about an Indian civilization. Can some one tell me which civilization are they talking about as Indus Valley Civilization is not even closely related to anything Indian and is not Indian in any capacity. 
No I don't. Are you some RSS fanatic who reads, listens to and smells every RSS fart? What a Tom, Dick or Harry wonders is of NO significance to what happened in the past.

Well, they teach these aspects in Indian schools to Toms, Dicks and Harry and I wonder what would they wonder when they won't find these wandering comments in India's physical wonders.

Arabs were no match for neighbouring civilizations' literature, sculpture, music , dance so they intelligently created a religion that prohibits any cultural expressions and now the civilizations that excelled in them are shunning their own thanks to them...

Same story got repeated when Spanish catholic bishops burnt all the religious books of mayans...
If you cant beat them.. burn them!!

Where did the Arabs come into this.

For it was in the Dark Age that religious persecution began in India. Monasteries were demolished, monks were banished, and books were burnt: and wherever the Rajputs became rulers, Buddhist edifices went down and Hindu temples arose. By the end of the 10th century, Buddhism was practically stamped out from India. [R.C.Dutt, Epochs of Indian History, quoted by Swami Dharmatirtha, p. 108]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom